Ware-Spencer-Hatcher-Crawford-Selvie-Bass- a First rounder

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If Ware comes back for less, Spencer gives a discount cause he robbed jerry last year and hatch signs a friendly deal. Is this the making of a a good DL?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If everyone is healthy and playing to their fullest potential sure. The problem is that they aren't, they can't be expected to be, and we don't necessarily know what their potential is.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Spencer is coming off micro-fracture surgery which is very troubling. I would keep Ware on a pay cut, but Hatcher wants too much money to stay. Time to invest heavy in the draft and FA to rebuild the DL. If they can get contributions from Selvie, Crawford, Bass and Hayden it's not impossible to rebuild quickly.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ware's money could be used to fill the rest of the line but definately need to get into full fledged rebuild mode for DL.

dcstands4

Reaction score
If Ware comes back for less, Spencer gives a discount cause he robbed jerry last year and hatch signs a friendly deal. Is this the making of a a good DL?

whos the starter you named 6 player for a 4 man line

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you got all those guys back at good prices of course that is a great start on a DL.
All those guys plus a 1.

Not going to happen but yes, of course.

Spencer is an unknown with his injury status but if the price is right? Sure, you'd take him.
Hatcher is a top 10 DT in a 4-3 defense. He is 32 so that's not going to last forever but you'd take him over some spare DT for sure.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
That would likely be the worst DL in pro football in 2014.

Depends on who is signed and who the draft picks are. If we can get a stud to consistently push the middle, Selvie will take off like the Hall of Fame game

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think that scenario is basically what happens.

Ware restructures down with incentives added, Selvie backs him up and gives him a lot of rest.

Spencer takes a one year contract to rebuild his value, with a high draft pick backing him up.

Hatcher tests the market and either resigns or leaves with someone like Melton signed to replace him.

Crawford, Bass and Hayden take reps at the other DT spot with a fourth player (mid tier FA or high draft pick) in the mix.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Depends on who is signed and who the draft picks are. If we can get a stud to consistently push the middle, Selvie will take off like the Hall of Fame game

There haven't been 5 better DL than Ware in 20 years of football drafts, but I do wish you good luck of replacing him via the draft.

Ware and Hatcher combined for 18 sacks.
The best rookie DL and my pet cat from last year's draft, Sheldon Richardson had 3.5 sacks.

Fans always overrate rookies this time of year and downgrade veterans with actual NFL production.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
There's a better chance of Pacman Jones suiting up for the Cowboys next season than there is of Jason Hatcher being a Cowboy in 2014.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Do we really know what Crawford and Bass are?

if by we you mean the fan base, probably not.

if by we you mean the coaching staff, probably so.

the plan entering camp last year was for Crawford to back up Spencer and Bass to back up Hatcher(then start in 2014).

may see Crawford and Bass now get those gigs due to cost.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I think its very wishful thinking that we will draft that early and heavy on D-line. Regardless if we need it, i just don't see it happening given our track record.