Warrant issued for Giants CB DeAndre Baker & Seahawks Quinton Dunbar for armed robbery and assault

cowboyed

Reaction score
I understand perpetrators Dunbar and Baker were at least following social distance protocols using EZ Reachers to relieve people at gunpoint of their money, jewelry and expensive watches.

chagus

Reaction score
Meh... nothing will happen. Giants get away with it. Nothing ever happened to OBJ when them pics came out with him and lines of coke on a pizza box or something like that. Swept under the rug...literally... NOTHING.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-deandre-baker-alleged-robbery-attorneys-say

Attorneys for Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar and New York Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker said Friday that they have affidavits from witnesses that show their clients are innocent of charges from an alleged armed robbery that took place in Miramar, Florida, on Wednesday.

Michael Grieco, who represents Dunbar, told ESPN he has "five sworn affidavits from witnesses" that say his client was not involved in the alleged incident. A day earlier, the Miramar Police Department issued arrest warrants for both Dunbar and Baker, along with a 14-page affidavit detailing the alleged crimes that the two NFL players were accused of committing.

In an Instagram post on Friday night, Bradford Cohen, who represents Baker, wrote that he had affidavits "from several witnesses that also dispute the allegations and exculpate our client."

aria

Reaction score
How could they tell it was him? Wasn't he wearing his covid19 mask?

Been a fan for 7-8 years? Perhaps the Cowboys got a slight reprieve during those Garrett "right kind of players" seasons.

Using non-drug related suspensions as an example:

Yes, more Giants than Cowboys but three times more games missed for Cowboys. Seven Giants for a total of ten games missed. Heck, the Cowboys had two players that missed ten games by themselves. Five players suspended for 31 games.

Drug suspensions

Giants with 16 players missing 72 games, Cowboys with 26 players missing 139 games. that doesn't even include the three indefinite suspensions.

In both cases, Cowboy suspensions average out to more than the Giant's.

Every time the Giants violated the personal conduct policy, they got a 1 game suspension while the Cowboys got anywhere from 4 to 10 games suspended.

Plaxico Burress fires a weapon and loses 4 games. Gregory fires a joint and gets indefinite suspension.

The scales don't seem quite balanced.
And how many of those drug related suspensions were due to repeat offenders?

Gregory firing a joint for about the 1,000th time was the issue. I think marijuana should be legalized for everyone but with as many chances as the NFL gives for testing positive for weed before suspending a player, if the player is that dumb then they deserve to be suspended. Hell, they even know the time frame they can be tested. I smoked every day for years until 20 years ago when I had to quit for my job and I will smoke every day starting the day I retire...I have no sympathy for an athlete who is or can make millions of dollars in a few years but can’t put the weed down for a couple months a year.

We can go back further than 6-7 years, so are we suppose to start when Goodell was hired or have all commissioners, league officials and referees always hated the Cowboys?

Do you know each personal conduct policy violation? Are there any examples where each player got two different suspensions for the exact same incident? When did they happen? As society has changed so have the punishments.

Odiva got suspended for one game, which happened to be a critical playoff implication game, for getting 3 personal fouls in a game. Where os that written in the NFL rule book and why has that never happened to another player? Seems like double jeopardy to me. Goodell must hate the Giants!

Plaxico gets 4 games for shooting himself yet Josh Brent gets one year for killing someone. Hmmm...

Jerry also brings a lot of this on himself by hiring players with known character issues who have already been suspended, have a history of drugs, alcohol abuse, DV, etc so naturally they will encounter more problems.

Perhaps if Jerry started running a football team full of professionals instead of a half way house then those fines/suspensions wouldn’t appear so distorted.

Maverick84

Reaction score
I bet his mom will still say he is a good kid, a saint, volunteered at the soup kitchen, hand fed sick animals and broung them back to health, he can do no wrong, the gun actually forced him to rob someone, and the gun itsself shall be investigated and brought up on any possible chargers to clear her sons pristine name.
my baby didn't do nothin

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Sounds like the victims either voluntarily changed their stories, genuinely don't know who robbed them or were "urged" to contradict their initial statements to police.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Too bad Baker isn’t on the Cowboys, he’d have our normal team of wannabe forum attorneys on the case.

cowboyed

Reaction score
If the reports are untrue I would be relieved that some players aren't that stupid and out of their mind to kill their lucrative careers in professional football by robbing party goers. We don't need any more tarnishing of the NFL either.