Warrant issued for Joe Mixon. Allegedly pointed gun at woman

Jayinem

Reaction score
4:18 PM PT -- According to Local 12, the affidavit states Joel Mixon pointed a gun at the alleged victim, saying, "You should be popped in the face. I should shoot you, the police can't get me."

The Bengals released a statement on the matter ... saying, "The club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The club is investigating the situation and will not comment further at this time."

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/02/joe-mixon-arrest-warrant-issued-aggravated-menacing/

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I hate stories like this (if true) Internet commando talk here but the way I was taught, If you see the muzzle of my gun, it's not going to be a good day for you.... A firearm is NOT a tool to intimidate anybody that rubs you wrong, it's for stopping a threat.

Flamma

Reaction score
didnt age well
All they said is that they did not have enough information and requested that the charges be dismissed. They can re-file charges at a later date. I'm assuming they mean, after they gather enough information.

I find it bizarre that they filed charges before gathering enough evidence.

gtb1943

Reaction score
All they said is that they did not have enough information and requested that the charges be dismissed. They can re-file charges at a later date. I'm assuming they mean, after they gather enough information.

I find it bizarre that they filed charges before gathering enough evidence.
One of two possibilities:
1) Some of the evidence they had turned out to be not so good
2) Someone jumped the gun

Flamma

Reaction score
One of two possibilities:
1) Some of the evidence they had turned out to be not so good
2) Someone jumped the gun
My guess is #2. Don't charge someone before you have evidence to convict. It's possible the victim didn't want to press charges. Or something else. I doubt nothing happened.