Was a 1st really too much to give?

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
Let's face it, Dak wasn't going anywhere this season. It was going to be a wide out in the 1st. Is there any wide reciever in the draft that is indisputably better than Cooper? Not that I see.

Should this move work and result in us winning more games that'll drive the first round draft pick down and the second up. An early second can still fetch you a nice TE, SS/FS, OL, etc..

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
Typically, in the draft, how it works is, the more games you win, the lower your 1st round draft pick is. Additionally, the lower your first round draft pick is the higher your second round draft pick is.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Typically, in the draft, how it works is, the more games you win, the lower your 1st round draft pick is. Additionally, the lower your first round draft pick is the higher your second round draft pick is.

I don't think you understand how the draft works in the NFL. If you have the 31st pick in the 1st rd you have the 31st pick in the 2nd round. Unless you have a tied record where the teams that are tied will rotate the higher pick or there is a trade of picks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I like the trade for Cooper,personally.
Its not like we were gonna draft a QB...not until his deal expires but I bet he gets extended...If Cooper were in this coming draft,he'd be a top 10 pick.
We got him and only gave up 1 pick...unlike years past when we'd give up a bunch.
still have 6 picks...including 2 in the 4th.
If we're not gonna draft Drew Lock...then get #4 some weapons.
If we get an Irv Smith at TE in the 2nd....or a Jerry Tillery along our DL in the 2nd...w/Cooper already in house....I'd buy that.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like the trade for Cooper,personally.
Its not like we were gonna draft a QB...not until his deal expires but I bet he gets extended...If Cooper were in this coming draft,he'd be a top 10 pick.
We got him and only gave up 1 pick...unlike years past when we'd give up a bunch.
still have 6 picks...including 2 in the 4th.
If we're not gonna draft Drew Lock...then get #4 some weapons.
If we get an Irv Smith at TE in the 2nd....or a Jerry Tillery along our DL in the 2nd...w/Cooper already in house....I'd buy that.
Didn't we give up our 5th?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
ACooper was the 4th overall pick in the 2015 draft....just like EE in 2016

He has unreal talent, size and speed combos

DAL only has to pay him 400k for 2018, less than BButler

We made our 2019 Draft selection 6 months early and people are crying like schoolgirls with a skinned knee

Londonboy

Reaction score
Except for leap years, where the team with the 17th best record can chose to swap 1st rounders with the team with the 5th best record, providing that no player on their active roster has a surname starting with the letter V.

ghst187

Reaction score
It was a desperate trade. This is purely speculation on my part grounded in ignorance but it sounded to me like Philly was offering a second and so we panicked and tossed out our first. However, the fact of the matter is that our second was definitely going to be higher than Phillys so not sure why we didn’t just maybe sweeten the deal with our second rather than toss out our first. We overpaid no matter what production we get from him because we essentially are only getting one cheap year out of him. Year 2 we owe him big money and year 3 we owe him a monster contract or lose him outright.