Was Dak the best QB of the 2016 draft?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Jun 2, 2021.

1. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    What does 3 years ago have to do with anything?

I never liked Goff and thought Dak was clearly better their rookie seasons. Goff just had good coaching. But either way, even if someone did think that 3 years ago opinions can change.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Romo was a great QB. Marino was also. Rings are won by teams, not QB's.

Beaker42, mortboy, HanD and 3 others like this.
  3. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,402 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    No. He should've gone undrafted and signed with Cleveland. He'd be out of the NFL by now if he had.

4. CowboyRoy

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    First thing you said that I can agree with. Many Dak trolls thought Goff was great. You are right, he had McVay and a great surrounding cast. It was obvious Dak was better.

Changing opinions is great. Sadly, many stick with an opinion regardless because their ego cant handle it.

Typhus and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  5. MountaineerCowboy

2,267 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    See, We can agree on something lol

6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

25,819 Messages
    18,960 Likes Received
    I think that's a fair answer and would be mine as well. Although it certainly appears that Prescott is clearly the best of the bunch, no QB has established himself as a Patrick Mahomes. If Wentz can get it turned around in Indy and Dak doesn't maintain his level or even take it up a notch, that could change who's best. I'll throw Jared Goff in there as well.

I do believe Prescott will continue to separate from both of those players, but I want to see it before saying absolutely that he's the best of that class. He's the only one still on the team that drafted him, so that's already saying a lot in his favor.

Beaker42 and Techsass like this.
  7. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

26,309 Messages
    24,916 Likes Received
    Of course you would. You’re just like him. Lack of morals, character and a horribly negative attitude.

8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

51,615 Messages
    39,514 Likes Received
    Hes trending better right now.
    2017....no
    2018....no
    2019....yes

9. MountaineerCowboy

2,267 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    I just don't see Goff getting to the level that Dak and Wentz seems capable of. Maybe i'm wrong, but we'll see.

I believe Wentz will be much better now that he's out of Philly, but how much better remains to be seen.

Dak gets the nod for me until proven otherwise.

10. CowboyRoy

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    You value coaching. Good to know.

So I take it you were no Garrett fan?

11. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

14,045 Messages
    23,809 Likes Received
    Daks career isnt over yet.
    We don't know where his stats and win/loss record will be compared to the other QBs.
    The only correct answer right now is a question mark.
    I hope in the end Dak brings at least 3 Super Bowl championships. At his contract nothing else is acceptable.

12. acr731

acr731 Zone Supporter

4,199 Messages
    10,698 Likes Received
    You know they would.... In fact, if Dak got hurt in pre season and missed the entire season, and the team went on to the super bowl, they would still give Dak credit for getting there.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Hadenough, Vandyr and ninja like this.
  13. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

16,993 Messages
    7,793 Likes Received
    yes he was.

and this is the beginning of another 10 page dak thread.

14. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

26,708 Messages
    22,982 Likes Received
    :facepalm: Bro, your attention deficit disorder must be affecting you. Please get back on your meds! :p This discussion is just about the 2016 QB draft class, not the bigger QB picture. :)

15. MountaineerCowboy

2,267 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    No way, and McCarthy hasn't won me over yet either.

I bash Garrett almost every chance I get. He's instilled too much of that "good try, we'll get em next time" attitude into our players when we need our guys to get up in faces and hold each other accountable.

16. CowboysFaninHouston

16,993 Messages
    7,793 Likes Received
    or he may be another Marino...Marino doesn't have a ring....just sayin

17. CowboysFaninHouston

16,993 Messages
    7,793 Likes Received
    whiskey ?

18. CowboyRoy

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    If you watched all 3 of those players over the last 5 years then it should be very clear that Goff is #3. Wentz I loved his arm and skillset the first two years. I thought he was a better passer than Dak. But after 5 years its clear that along with the injury issue, Wentz just isnt a great leader like Dak is. Dak's #1 quality is his over the top leadership. Dak is clearly the better overall QB. And Dak is only going to get better with the defense and coaching improving.

19. acr731

acr731 Zone Supporter

4,199 Messages
    10,698 Likes Received
    Well this is new...... not agreeing with your opinion used to get us called haters. Now we "Lack of morals, character and a horribly negative attitude." And this is only because we have a different opinion than yours.

If Dak was such a leader he would have accepted a team friendly deal. He didn't because he has his own selfish needs in mind and screw the rest of the team. He's a terrible leader and a terrible team player. Same goes for Zeke.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Hadenough and Vandyr like this.
  20. CowboyRoy

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Ok well we will get along very well on Garrett. I was the #1 Garrett hater on here for 14 years. As much as I stick up for Dak, I hated Garrett much worse. Could have used you in those arguments.

MM, after the initial high five party when Garrett was fired did not have a good year in my opinion. IN game management was horrendous. Although at least he was aggressive. But stupidly so. I do like that he fired Nolan after one year.

MM hasn't won me over either. I do like Moore. But anything after Garretts offense looks like heaven.

MountaineerCowboy likes this.