Was Dak the best QB of the 2016 draft?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Of course you would. You’re just like him. Lack of morals, character and a horribly negative attitude.

Never been arrested, never used drugs, and got a hot wife who is an awesome cook who digs my groovy attitude. Here is a happy video to cheer you up:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Never been arrested, never used drugs, and got a hot wife who is an awesome cook who digs my groovy attitude. Here is a happy video to cheer you up:

Very awesome, except for the lack of drug usage.

I won't begrudge you though!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well this is new...... not agreeing with your opinion used to get us called haters. Now we "Lack of morals, character and a horribly negative attitude."

If Dak was such a leader he would have accepted a team friendly deal. He didn't because he has his own selfish needs in mind and screw the rest of the team. He's a terrible leader and a terrible team player. Same goes for Zeke.
Yes all that equals a hater. Duh.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ok well we will get along very well on Garrett. I was the #1 Garrett hater on here for 14 years. As much as I stick up for Dak, I hated Garrett much worse. Could have used you in those arguments.

MM, after the initial high five party when Garrett was fired did not have a good year in my opinion. IN game management was horrendous. Although at least he was aggressive. But stupidly so. I do like that he fired Nolan after one year.

MM hasn't won me over either. I do like Moore. But anything after Garretts offense looks like heaven.
The jury is still out on MM. He's won before, but I have to question just how much that was Rodgers over his coaching abilities.

We will find out. He'll get a full off season this year, so hopefully he surprises us.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
:facepalm: Bro, your attention deficit disorder must be affecting you. Please get back on your meds! :p This discussion is just about the 2016 QB draft class, not the bigger QB picture. :)

I’m right over the target? You seem lost again. Go back and re-read. Refresh my memory. We’re you the one who called Parsons snake oil? Or was that someone else?

Corso

Reaction score
The jury is still out on MM. He's won before, but I have to question just how much that was Rodgers over his coaching abilities.

We will find out. He'll get a full off season this year, so hopefully he surprises us.
I understand where you're coming from, but elite players will always take a coach further than they can go than with lesser players, no matter how brilliant they are.
Look at Belichick this last year and (NBA) Popovich the last few.

Great coaches, even considered the greatest, but every coach, even the great ones need elite players at the important positions to grab that brass ring.

It's a universal truth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m right over the target? You seem lost again. Go back and re-read. Refresh my memory. We’re you the one who called Parsons snake oil? Or was that someone else?
Take your meds. This is a plea of compassion for your betterment. You're all over the place. Please focus on this discussion.

Please note that I'm not accusing you of intentionally derailing this thread. :thumbup:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Take your meds. This is a plea of compassion for your betterment. You're all over the place. Please focus on this discussion.

Please note that I'm not accusing you of intentionally derailing this thread. :thumbup:

At the end of their careers, the best of the 2016 QBs will be the one with the most rings. Get it now? Maybe if you would have read what I wrote ...

Corso

Reaction score
At the end of their careers, the best of the 2016 QBs will be the one with the most rings. Get it now? Maybe if you would have read what I wrote ...
I just cannot apply your level of simplicity into the argument when the guy didn't play at all.

I'm not going to go on about it though.
You do you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I really hate threads involving hindsight. Revisiting what could have been will drive you crazy if you let it. What if we gave Hitchens the contract Jaylon got and let Jaylon's rookie deal expire? What if we had drafted Randy Moss rather than Greg Ellis? Drafted Steven Jackson rather than Julius Jones?

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Yep, he is the best from that draft class and it was sheer blind luck on the Jones' part that he turned out that way.
They were ride or die with Romo who's body just couldn't handle the punishment any longer, yet did nothing to bring in a quality backup despite Romo's injury history.
Just lucky Dak was better than everyone expected.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't know that, and neither does anyone else. It's a nice thought if Dak ends up with a few rings but it's just not reality at this point.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Of the first three QBs selected in the 2016 draft, only Dak is still with his original team, and he keeps being ranked as highly as in the top 5 of the league's quarterbacks. Meanwhile, the two guys selected before him, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, are off to restart their careers with other teams. I guess it's possible that Wentz could prove himself great in Indy or that Goff could become a force in Detroit, but we'll have to wait to see what happens. At first it looked like Wentz was going to turn out to be the best. I saw him make some amazing throws, but something seemed to happen to him. He definitely regressed.

For me the big surprise was how bad Paxton Lynch played for the Broncos. He's who I wanted the Cowboys to draft, and Jerry was trying to. After the Zeke pick, Jerry tried unsuccessfully to trade up back into the first round to get Lynch, but the Broncos beat him out. Lynch played really well in college, and the evaluators ranked him highly. He looked like the guy to me. But he's been a journeyman backup, and I'm not even sure if he's even still in the league.

You just never know, I guess. I'd like to think that Jerry got the best QB of 2016 by being a genius, but I don't think that's true. He would have rather had Paxton Lynch at the time. But the Cowboys scouting team had done their homework well enough to realize that Dak had tremendous potential and was worth chancing a 4th-round pick on him.

It's bizarre how things work out. If the talent evaluators had been spot-on, Wentz and Goff would be at the top of the league right now with Lynch very close behind, and Dak would be a capable backup somewhere. It's weird how things work out.

Do you agree, though, that by now it's a done deal? Dak was the best QB picked in the 2016 draft?

Dak seems to be the best of 2016 QBs. Doesn't make our front office geniuses for picking him before the rest of the league, but they should get *some* credit for making a good call on Dak. My understanding, however, is that it was Wade Wilson who pushed for Dak, and we happened to be in the market for a developmental QB. Good call plus good timing.