Was on the Phone with Boston During the Game

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The call was bad enough, but having to endure the spin from Mike P is what really infuriated me. That was some 1984 level propaganda spewing from his mouth. This league is a corrupt joke and it's going to one day catch up to them. This country is yearning for the Cowboys to be good again but it seems like every time we're on the brink these idiots find a way to screw us with their zebra crooks. Seems like they are latched on to that Patriots bandwagon at least until Brady retires.
The referees are deciding close games. With the money the league is getting off of gambling, we should not be surprised. On the bright side, the Cowboys should get some calls going forward.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Gambling is going to make this even worse now that the NFL is going to be allowed to be involved in this.
Exactly, I used to place a $100 bet every year for the Cowboys to win the super bowl. Not anymore.

Via a lawsuit from a Jets fan (link from a post on this board now). The NFL is actually listed as a sports entertainment entity, in the same vane as professional wrestling and roller derby. In other words the league can choose the winners and losers without any legal recourse.

So anyone want to bet on WWE or Roller derby? Because it's the same as betting on the NFL.

The league is a fraud, not sure we can point to a period in time, but since 911 the red, white and blue logo Patriots have won 6 super bowls.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Sad that it's a fact. I can recall a conversation with an acquaintance that uttered something similar, and he too had ties in professional gaming. As a matter of fact, I believe it was NBA.

I didn't want to believe it, but it seems all too apparent sometimes. I get one bad tripping call.......but TWO????? At least pick a more common penalty to cover your ruse... :facepalm:
I mean to call that....on a 3rd down conversion....and rob the entire NFL community of an exciting finish regardless of the outcome...just sickening!

Pape

Reaction score
With a business associate who is a huge Pats fan - but, a reasonable one and a genuine student of the game. When Dallas had the ball with 2:38 left, a full compliment of time outs and needing to score a TD to win - I made the remark that, "If Dak wants the money, all he's gotta do is go win it."

My friend said, and I quote; "There's no way the league will allow that to happen. The refs will see to it that Tom gets this win. It's been going on for years up here and we all know it. It's to the point where it's almost embarrassing." Three plays later the phantom tripping call -

His next remark was .. "See, I told ya. Dallas couldn't have come in here with a Hall of Fame team and won. It's really not any fun watching them play here in Foxboro .. the outcome is a foregone conclusion."

I officiated many seasons at the NCAA level and left because pressure was applied to, "ensure we had a good, entertaining game." I'll just leave it at that. I've always felt like the pros were above that because it's all about the money with no pretense but, it seems now there are other things at play ... personal agendas, manipulating outcomes for whatever reason.

After 53 years .. I'm just about done.

your story is BS.

If the league wanted to allow the Patriots run of dominance to continue unabated, the bull crap know as spygate and deflategate, along with the stolen draft picks would never have been ... spygate would have been a small fine for filming in the wrong location and deflate gate would have been explained as natural cold weather phenomenon ... but yet both were conflated to epic levels...

you really think the most powerful owner in the NFL, one Jerry Jones, who has spent the past two decades trying to repeat the successes the cowboys had under Jimmy Johnson, would subjugate his ego to allow the Patriots, a nothing franchise until 2000, to achieve unparalleled levels of success? you know, if Mike Brown was your owner, I might consider it plausible, but with Jerry Jones, who's bones scream "I AM SO DESPERATE TO WIN WITHOUT HELP" ... nah

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have heard there is at least one questionable call in pats games. Especially when playing at home. Easily explained by the NFL saying human error. Can’t get them all right. But we are constantly complaining about calls and lack of calls in Cowboys games. I assume that other fans have the same problem with there teams games.

It would take a ref or someone stepping up with proof. The NFL will explain it away. This is sad. Likely been happening for years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I mean to call that....on a 3rd down conversion....and rob the entire NFL community of an exciting finish regardless of the outcome...just sickening!
Same with the catch non catch. Would have been a exciting finish in a playoff game.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
On one of the Patsies early drives the Cowboys defense hit Brady late and there was no call. They ended up with 3 rather than 7. If the refs are so hell-bent on making sure NE wins, they could have made that call. Brady almost always gets that call, but somehow it was missed for the 1st time in 15 years.

I believe the OP's story, but I have a very hard time believing in conspiracy theories. 50 years later and a few people are still convinced NASA never landed on the moon.

It's obvious J J Abrams filmed that fake lunar footage.

CWR

Reaction score
On one of the Patsies early drives the Cowboys defense hit Brady late and there was no call. They ended up with 3 rather than 7. If the refs are so hell-bent on making sure NE wins, they could have made that call. Brady almost always gets that call, but somehow it was missed for the 1st time in 15 years.

I believe the OP's story, but I have a very hard time believing in conspiracy theories. 50 years later and a few people are still convinced NASA never landed on the moon.

You dont have to be a flat earth person to believe in nfl officials making biased calls.

Want to talk about boxing or the NBA??

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
For all of the criticism that Dak is getting for not running the ball on 3rd and 7. It doesn't change the fact that the Refs decided to step in and call two Phantom "tripping" calls on the Offensive Line whenever the Cowboys did get a positive play. So, if the NFL was that invested in the Patriots winning, then we don't know whether or not the Refs would have found some phantom penalty to call if Dak had of picked up the first down. :facepalm::rolleyes:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The NFL apologized to Dallas for the two non tripping calls... this is not the first time they have apologized for bad calls to Dallas or to other teams

The question is why nothing is being done to fix the issue. There is a simple, viable solution staring them in the face.

A neutral 3rd party is off site observing the games and examining the calls. They have express authority to over-rule a bad call or ensure that a egregious call that was originally not called is actually penalized.

They post a report on the officiating crews performance... which officials and crews are statistically calling the game correctly vs the ones making more bad, bogus, or non calls.

Yes, the game may slow down some— but just having the threat of accountability and exposure will act as a deterrent and will cause games to be called more fairly.

Imagine if someone was able to over-rule the non call in the NO game? Or the blatant hold on Irving in the GB playoff game on Rodgers throw to Cook?

Less and less people are confident in the integrity of the product on the field.... therefore accountability is needed. If the NFL is not interested in addressing the issue— then one could certainly come to the conclusion that the NFL is benefitting from the broken officiating system and is therefore unmotivated to fix it

glimmerman

Reaction score
That or let the refs review some of these flags. Maybe then they would pick a few up. What ever happens it’s going to slow the game down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
With a business associate who is a huge Pats fan - but, a reasonable one and a genuine student of the game. When Dallas had the ball with 2:38 left, a full compliment of time outs and needing to score a TD to win - I made the remark that, "If Dak wants the money, all he's gotta do is go win it."

My friend said, and I quote; "There's no way the league will allow that to happen. The refs will see to it that Tom gets this win. It's been going on for years up here and we all know it. It's to the point where it's almost embarrassing." Three plays later the phantom tripping call -

His next remark was .. "See, I told ya. Dallas couldn't have come in here with a Hall of Fame team and won. It's really not any fun watching them play here in Foxboro .. the outcome is a foregone conclusion."

I officiated many seasons at the NCAA level and left because pressure was applied to, "ensure we had a good, entertaining game." I'll just leave it at that. I've always felt like the pros were above that because it's all about the money with no pretense but, it seems now there are other things at play ... personal agendas, manipulating outcomes for whatever reason.

After 53 years .. I'm just about done.

Now, I don't care what you think about this post as to its validity or my friends sincerity or whatever - all I'm doing is relaying an actual conversation.

Some guy on the internet posted that some other guy in Boston said it, so it must be true.

They don't allow anything on the internet that isn't true.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Gambling is going to make this even worse now that the NFL is going to be allowed to be involved in this.

Yeah, because there was never any gambling on NFL games until it became legal. :muttley:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
It's not just about the BS calls. It's also about the non-calls. I remember Romo taking shots all the time that were obvious roughing. They were rarely called. Our loss in the GB playoff game comes to mind. It's also the infamous non-catch game...
Yes. I remember Clay Matthews taking like 4 steps and diving at Romo's knees after he had released the ball and no call. Remember the gnats game in '15 where Romo took a late shot in the back on the game winning drive? It hurt Romo but he played through it. Then when they played the e-girls he was driven into the ground and broke his collarbone. Did they make the rule about then about tackling QBs and putting all their weight on them? No! It took Rodgers getting driven into the ground by Barr the exact same way then they made that rule...