Washington fire Jay Gruden

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Commanders fire Gruden...

The Washington Commanders fired head coach Jay Gruden on Monday morning after the team fell to 0-5 on the season following a 33-7 loss to the Patriots. It was Washington's seventh consecutive loss dating back to last season.

Bill Callahan, the Commanders assistant head coach and offensive line coach, has been named interim head coach.

Gruden was very aware of his position following the most recent loss: "If the key works Monday, I'll keep working," he said.

Gruden, 52, had been with the franchise for a little more than five full seasons and accumulated a 35-49-1 record. The lone playoff appearance ended with a wild-card loss to the Packers in 2015. He served in just two other roles in the NFL before taking the helm in Washington: offensive coordinator of the Bengals from 2011 to 2013 and offensive assistant with the Buccaneers from 2002 to 2008. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora had recently reported that a divorce between the Commanders and Gruden was imminent and that fans should not be surprised if he resurfaces as the offensive coordinator under his brother, Jon Gruden, with the Las Vegas Raiders next season.

Ole Danny Boy finally does something right. If you are a Commanders fan...LOL...Hopefully!! Garrett is next!!!!

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Commanders fire Gruden...Ole Danny boy finally makes a great decision if you're a Commander fan. LOL….Hopefully Garrett is next!!!!!

I dont care about Gruden. I want it to be Garrett and Dak that is fired.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised they did it during the season. Now Snyder is free to hire his next unsuccessful coach.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Damn Gruden was 52? He looks great for his age. You would think coaching under Bruce Allen and Snyder would age you more rapidly. Lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
So Callahan will be the next new coach to school Garrett. lol
more than likely. We cannot stop anyone on the ground and that's what the skins do well...RUN. I CANT RECALL A TIME WHEN WE LET 1 RB score at ease like this guy Jones yesterday. It was hard to choke that down...Jerry wasn't none too happy btw...WOULD NOT BE SHOCKED TO SEE A CHANGE TODAY AT DC.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I can only imagine what it's like to be a fan of a team that doesn't accept bad headcoaching.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Garrett haters are so jealous that Snyder pulled the trigger on Jay Gruden but Jerry won't do the same to Jason Garrett. The haters are incapable of seeing these are not comparable situations. 3-2 is not 0-5 but the haters seem to view the situation in Dallas with their hair on fire. Action is required immediately in their world. So let's understand what's really going on here. Garrett isn't going anywhere and Jerry isn't wrong for keeping him. That doesn't sit well with the haters but that's because they have higher expectations for the Cowboys than Garrett seems to be capable to deliver. It's justified, in their mind. Anyone would feel that way if their hair were on fire.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Garrett haters are so jealous that Snyder pulled the trigger on Jay Gruden but Jerry won't do the same to Jason Garrett. The haters are incapable of seeing these are not comparable situations. 3-2 is not 0-5 but the haters seem to view the situation in Dallas with their hair on fire. Action is required immediately in their world. So let's understand what's really going on here. Garrett isn't going anywhere and Jerry isn't wrong for keeping him. That doesn't sit well with the haters but that's because they have higher expectations for the Cowboys than Garrett seems to be capable to deliver. It's justified, in their mind. Anyone would feel that way if their hair were on fire.
Imagine being a Garrett supporter in 2019. :laugh: