News: Washington Football Team Has New Name

conner01

Reaction score
FYI. He claimed trademarks then offered them to Snyder for free. He’s a fan.
He offered them well after he bought them
He invested thousands of dollars
It looks to me like he offered them after he realized he wasn’t gonna get paid for them

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I actually think Red Wolves is a pretty good name. There isn't any team named after wolves, so they would be the first. I used to think "Packers" referred to a Wolf Pack, but turns out it refers to meat packing workers.

Is this the default name in changing from Native American mascots? My alma mater, Arkansas State University, adopted the Red Wolves after dropping Indians.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Each player will have a different helmet? I doubt the other owners will allow that. It's bad enough they'll be the Washington Washington Football Team. How will they refer to individual players? "He's a Washington Football Teamer"?

On the other hand WFT is pretty close to what their fan base tweets all game long.

Isn't that discriminatory toward all the numbers that don't get used? In the name of inclusivity, I demand that each helmet display every number in existence.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Washington no names. That has a nice ring to it!

Kaiser

Reaction score
If they would just change it to what they are generally called by Cowboys fans, the Deadskins, who would that offend? Zombies?

They could be honest and pizz off Cowboy fans at the same time. Call the team the Washington Real Worst Owner in the NFL No Matter What Dallas Fans Think.

You would have to use the acronym but Native Americans would applaud the honesty.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Washington Swamp Rats has a nice ring to it. Logo could be a donkey and elephant "yin yang" (if you know what I mean)...

Lutonio

Reaction score
This screams of an over correction from being too scared to offend anyone.

“Um, exCUUUUse me. I was bullied by a football team, and that team name is offensive.”

Reactions: CWR

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Isn't that discriminatory toward all the numbers that don't get used? In the name of inclusivity, I demand that each helmet display every number in existence.
They could put the infinity symbol on the helmet, that way all numbers are represented.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Edn-J5-WkAE8Do5

blueblood70

Reaction score
IS THIS **** EVEN REAL? lol Next they will settle on the longterm name: The "Autonomous Beings" ...I mean wtH is happening here? Your right, its like South Park crossed with Monty Python.
its a bridge they cant choose a name and logo that fast, they are doing it as temporary transition..

new name and logo coming

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
so when teams wear their throw back uniforms what are the Skins going to do? lol
Lol. They’re old enough to where I think they go back to the days of leather helmets without logos. I guess they could just do a basic scheme like that without any kind of lettering or mascot on the helmet. Whatever they ultimately decide I wish them nothing but the worst.

Reactions: CWR

Jipper

Reaction score
They still suck and I still hate them and their stupid gutless fans