Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Do coaches read defenses pre snap, react to what the defense is doing, make the correct read and deliver the ball on target and on time?
Then why does Belichek win double digit games with Matt Cassel and Garrett can't win a game.

You say Dak can't function without players and Zeke is the engine but yet Dak is 4-0 in the last 4 games without Zeke......

No matter what you want to say but as a QB, not a team, Dak played better than Brady. That's a fact. Doesn't mean Dak is a better QB than Brady as his career speaks for himself but Brady isn't that same QB anymore

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If he keeps insisting on maxed out contracts, that future is 8-8!!!!

Maxed out is 3-4mil more a year. That's not some absolute tipping point for failure, though it obviously doesn't help. It's a killer as a general practice.

Jerry lost deterrence last year with DLaw and Zeke. It wasn't unreasonable for Dak to think that Jerry would fold for him too.

basel90

Reaction score
No, I am just not ridiculous enough to base the overall player over one game. Brady was bad last year. Not just one game.

Dak was awful against all good teams except a good game against Minnesota . he was terrible against the saints and eagles in the finale ( no TDs) , and even looked lost against the jets and bears . I wish it was our wise , I am just tired of his excuses for the losses . He has not made the difference when it mattered . And now he wants 40 mil a year . It will cripple a team with so many needs especially on D.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak is better than the current day Brady. No doubt. The fact that you don’t understand that is an indication of your football acumen. I.E. non-existent.
You are in complete delusion . Dak May be the faster runner , but this game is mostly between the ears and in accuracy , and Brady is way better if you ask any expert . Don’t embarrass yourself trying to prove otherwise .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak was awful against all good teams except a good game against Minnesota . he was terrible against the saints and eagles in the finale ( no TDs) , and even looked lost against the jets and bears . I wish it was our wise , I am just tired of his excuses for the losses . He has not made the difference when it mattered . And now he wants 40 mil a year . It will cripple a team with so many needs especially on D.

I wouldn't pay Dak anywhere near $40 million but if you think Brady hasn't declined you're kidding yourself.

The Patriots were 11-0 last year when holding teams to 14 or fewer points. They were 1-5 when they allowed more than 14 points.

Brady didn't make a difference when they needed their offense to produce. He's been great but Father Time always wins.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay Dak anywhere near $40 million but if you think Brady hasn't declined you're kidding yourself.

The Patriots were 11-0 last year when holding teams to 14 or fewer points. They were 1-5 when they allowed more than 14 points.

Brady didn't make a difference when they needed their offense to produce. He's been great but Father Time always wins.
Name his WR core, TE, and production at RB etc etc..he had nothing from what i saw, tried to bring in all that Drama with Gordon and AB vs keeping Cooks and others..

he left for a reason, been giving NE a huge discount all these years and they give him an offense with nearly no talent..he had enough, will prove he has enough left to still show a resemblance of goat with all that talent and a offensive minded coach..

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but since Dak gets so much crap about who his numbers came against...

Of Brady's 26 TDs - 21 came against Pitt, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo, Washington, Cle, Cinci, and Houston. It's not like he was running a gauntlet every week.

Brady only had 24 TD's and Not for nothing but i see a couple of playoff teams in there and a Steelers team that went 8-8 without Big Ben for the entire season, he played 11 games against those teams you mention 4 against the Steelers, Bills and Houston, in those 4 games he thru 7 TD's, more fair to say that against Miami, NYJ, Clev, Cin, Washington and the Giants (8 games) he threw 13 of his 24 TD's, the other 11 (8 games) came against Bills, Houston, Pitt, KC, Dallas, Philly and Baltimore (5 playoffs teams) and 2 teams that went 8-8

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You are in complete delusion . Dak May be the faster runner , but this game is mostly between the ears and in accuracy , and Brady is way better if you ask any expert . Don’t embarrass yourself trying to prove otherwise .
Put the Madden game down, turn off ESPN and try and watch the games.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I'm with you. People think he is going to light the world on fire in Tampa because they brought the fragile TE there also.

I dont at all see it.

He could be a glorified bus driver on a very good team at this point, but putting up some 40 plus TD MVP performance is way far fetched.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm with you. People think he is going to light the world on fire in Tampa because they brought the fragile TE there also.

I dont at all see it.

He could be a glorified bus driver on a very good team at this point, but putting up some 40 plus TD MVP performance is way far fetched.

It remains to be seen but he did throw for 4057 yards and 24 TD's with Edelman, Dorsett, Gordon (for a few games)a Rooke names Harry and Sanu (who only played 8 games) and Ben Watson as his TE, it's not too far of a reach to think he will do better with Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brate, Howard catching the ball for him

Ghost12

Reaction score
Then why does Belichek win double digit games with Matt Cassel and Garrett can't win a game.
Because Matt Cassel took over one of the greatest teams in the history of football. (Yes I know they didn’t win a Super Bowl but that doesn’t change the fact they were 18-1, and an all-time great team)

Ghost12

Reaction score

I dont at all see it.

If Jameis Winston can throw 33 TD’s then Brady can throw 40. And Brady will have far fewer INTs.