Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looking at the stats....Edleman was a rookie...had a nice rookie campaign though only started 7 games and had 400+ yards....but M"OSs and Welker weren't top 20 receivers they were more top 10 and hell production wise they were the best duo in the league. Moss led the league in touchdowns with 13...Welker led the league in catches and only started 13 games lol. I think you're selling them short....Hell if Cooper and Gallup have those type of years I'll take it.
Yep, Brady, for one year, had plenty of good weapons around him.

The result with Moss and crew was 50 Tds and 8 ints.

That was also 13 years ago.

Last year, he did what great QBs do when they have total crap weapons but a shutdown defense.
He made sure not to screw it up.
26 Tds passes was low but so was 8 ints. Kind of a bus driving year.
The result was a 12-4 Pats season but not really SB Champ material.

If they have a season this year, even at his age, I suspect he'll but up some really nice numbers with that group in Tampa.
They still have a few holes in the oline and they for sure don't have a Zeke.

Dak just flat out has it made here, and he will put up numbers.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
When Jerry Jones is the head coach, you'll have a point. Not before.
he is the head coach lol where have you been? did you watch the all or nothing special? it was disgusting jerry was in every coaches meeting, total joke of an org

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Brady has been on the wrong side of the age limit for quarterbacks for years now, and it really showed last year. You have to question what he has left. Of course, you also have to question the weapons Brady had last year.

I would not have been opposed to Dallas going this route, but with the realization that Dallas would have to find itself a franchise QB in the next couple of years while potentially letting one go to another team. If the gambit didn't pay off (Brady is finished while Dak goes on to star), it would be panned for years if Dallas was unable to find another franchise QB.

This is coming from a fan who wants to see how Dak plays under McCarthy before either giving him a long-term deal (which I think is most likely) or searching for his replacement. It would be a questionable move to replace a young starter with an old vet who may have nothing left to give.

Watch. Brady will be incredible for the first 6 games of the season, and everyone will be like "I told you!" Then as the weeks go on, he look like "home playoff game against the Titans final pass pick six Brady" soon after that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Last year, he did what great QBs do when they have total crap weapons but a shutdown defense.
Not for nothing, but since Dak gets so much crap about who his numbers came against...

Of Brady's 26 TDs - 21 came against Pitt, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo, Washington, Cle, Cinci, and Houston. It's not like he was running a gauntlet every week.

Proof

Reaction score
Not sure Brady would even want to play here.
Plus, I think Dallas was looking longer term anyway.
But I can't begin to imagine what he would do with this line, this RB, and this WR group.
There is no way we can compare what the two players did statistically without taking into account the offenses around them.

But yeah, the 2019 Pats offense--with maybe the worst WR group and the league last year--was carried by their D

this is the biggest thing. Brady was calling the shots. Never heard him give any interest or reference to Dallas. He was practically earmarked to TB

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How much more exciting would this new season be with Brady here?

A lot..

I would’ve made this move.

Put Brady in our offense and let him play in a dome and things change around here real quick.
I’ll take Prescott mobility. And I don’t think Brady is the same quarterback

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So, its ok to give Brady excuses on his poor play, but when those same excuses are given for Dak, it turns into "OMG Dak has to have everything so perfect for him to play well!!!!1111. A good quarteback should elevate below average players!!111!"

So by that inconsistent logic, Brady shouldn't have been signed because he's no longer good enough to elevate bad players, you know like you said Dak needs to.
There is a huge difference between the quality of last year's Patriots offense and the worst cast of characters Dak has had.

Nobody, including me, has said a QB should be able to elevate a bad team to success. A great QB is a difference maker who can often make things happen. Brady has done that in spades throughout his career. Dak, so far has not.

Brady on last year's Cowboys with those offensive weapons is a lock for the playoffs. That matchup against the 49s defense would have been something to see. Probably wouldn't have gotten by KC due to our defense but playing ball control with the superior running game and trying to win it at the end would have been a possibility.

Who do you take to lead your team to try and go ahead as time is running out. Last year's Brady or last year's Dak? The answer is obvious and is not even close.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Because you don't like it?

According to who? You? More excuses with no support. There's a trend.

I gave it as an example of a tagged player - not under contract - being traded. Refuting another of your attempted excuses.

Wrong, and that's exactly why I mentioned the Galloway trade. He wasn't under any contract in Seattle. Look into it.

And nobody has insisted that it has to be "multiple high draft picks". That's another of your inventions.

Long live fandom...

A franchise player cannot be traded until they sign their tag. Negotiations can happen, but the actual trade cannot happen until the contract is signed. This is common knowledge.

You used the Galloway example to show how stupid Dallas was and then expect another team to be equally stupid to trade with Dallas.

You are the one who suggested trading away Dak. If they didn't get "multiple high draft picks" in return you would be on here calling them dumb for not doing so.

Obviously Dallas hasn't made all the right moves because they haven't won a Superbowl in a long time. They also haven't made as many bad moves as you suggest. I'm also glad fans aren't in charge because the number of bad moves would be even greater.

khiladi

Reaction score
Can't throw touchdown passes if you run the ball in the red zone.

Dak's decision making is never really problematic anyway.

Adam is being selective. 1-2 yards out isn’t the full red zone and Dak runs more in the red-zone that other QBs, meaning what he’s taking away, he’s not putting back in for Dak.

Dak was 15th this year in red zone attempts. Guys like Winston and Fitzpatrick were more efficient than him. And nobody had the RG Dak has had 4 years running.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

If they have a season this year, even at his age, I suspect he'll but up some really nice numbers with that group in Tampa.
They still have a few holes in the oline and they for sure don't have a Zeke.

Dak just flat out has it made here, and he will put up numbers.
I wouldn't say has it made. I think Dak would trade Amari Cooper disappearing on the road for the #1 ranked defense in the league that generates turnovers and gives the offense good field position.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but since Dak gets so much crap about who his numbers came against...

Of Brady's 26 TDs - 21 came against Pitt, Miami, NYJ, Buffalo, Washington, Cle, Cinci, and Houston. It's not like he was running a gauntlet every week.
True...
I think I would at least subtract the 2 games vs Buffalo out of there though...seeing they were one of the very best defenses in the NFL.
Pittsburgh and Jets too, for that matter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A franchise player cannot be traded until they sign their tag. Negotiations can happen, but the actual trade cannot happen until the contract is signed. This is common knowledge.

You used the Galloway example to show how stupid Dallas was and then expect another team to be equally stupid to trade with Dallas.

I used him as the example that the player does not have to be under contract for their rights to be traded. Sorry if you didn't like that fact.

You are the one who suggested trading away Dak. If they didn't get "multiple high draft picks" in return you would be on here calling them dumb for not doing so.

No I wouldn't. You don't speak for me.

Obviously Dallas hasn't made all the right moves because they haven't won a Superbowl in a long time. They also haven't made as many bad moves as you suggest. I'm also glad fans aren't in charge because the number of bad moves would be even greater.

How many "am I suggesting" exactly? More putting words in someone else mouth I see.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Adam is being selective. 1-2 yards out isn’t the full red zone and Dak runs more in the red-zone that other QBs, meaning what he’s taking away, he’s not putting back in for Dak.

Dak was 15th this year in red zone attempts. Guys like Winston and Fitzpatrick were more efficient than him. And nobody had the RG Dak has had 4 years running.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm
Well what I'm responding to was specifically throwing touchdowns in the red zone...

I don't really think that those numbers mean much, just that you can't throw touchdowns if you're running the ball lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True...
I think I would at least subtract the 2 games vs Buffalo out of there though...seeing they were one of the very best defenses in the NFL.
Pittsburgh and Jets too, for that matter.
They were fine, but they were all bad teams overall. And, to compare to Dak, it's never about quality of the defenses he played agains.t

The terribleness of those offenses put the Pats offense into favorable positions constantly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They were fine, but they were all bad teams overall. And, to compare to Dak, it's never about quality of the defenses he played agains.t

The terribleness of those offenses put the Pats offense into favorable positions constantly.
I hear you
Just remember that Dallas went 0-2 vs the Jets and Bills last year
Just sayin