Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Yes but I would take 2 super bowl appearances and at least One win like the broncos did to end a futile 26 year wait .
i want a superbowl like the next guy, with that said i also dont want to jeopardize the future. if you could guarantee me we trade Dak to Jax for their 2 1st rounders + 2nd and 4th rounder and get brady i might do it. but you just cannot predict future and Brady is the past and Dak still has a future.

kskboys

Reaction score
i want a superbowl like the next guy, with that said i also dont want to jeopardize the future. if you could guarantee me we trade Dak to Jax for their 2 1st rounders + 2nd and 4th rounder and get brady i might do it. but you just cannot predict future and Brady is the past and Dak still has a future.
If he keeps insisting on maxed out contracts, that future is 8-8!!!!

basel90

Reaction score
:facepalm:My God the ignorance of our fans. You obviously have no clue what being a TEAM means.
Your silly cynicism and comments are becoming redundant . Enjoy your Dak slobbering . Thinking Dak is better than Brady shows your fundamental ignorance . Go fly a kite .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good points , but don’t forget
1- we are back looking for a QB now after the Dak contract saga
2- with 15 mil less , the cowboys would have had cap money to improve the Defense .
3- Brady is a proven defense reader . With that OL , the potential is massive . With Dak , well , know what we have ( 1-6 against good teams ) , a mediocre But super expensive bus driver .

I'm not sure i agree with these points.

1) We can retain Prescott's rights again with a franchise tag, so we are not back looking for a QB. And if he shines under McCarthy, a long-term deal is possible, assuring the team of having a franchise QB for years to come.

2) I don't know if we would have done any more on defense than we have done. The Cowboys still have money to spend and can create more with restructures. I think it would be a fallacy to believe we're not signing players like Griffen and Clowney because we can't. It's more likely we're not signing them because we don't want to, especially at the price they are seeking.

3) Dak has not been mediocre. He has not been a clear top-five QB (which is what he seems to want to be paid like), but he has been great at times, good at times and average at times. I'd like to see if he can take the next step under McCarthy before we dish out big money, but Dallas did not give him $31 million because he's mediocre.

basel90

Reaction score
right, because football is an individual sport, not a team sport. How silly of me.

:rolleyes:
You must have missed the game or Just being silly or something. Dak played horribly in that game, could not even score a TD with all the offensive weapons . But you don’t want to focus on that . Don’t mix Defense with offense . No one argued dallas had a better defense .

basel90

Reaction score
I'm not sure i agree with these points.

1) We can retain Prescott's rights again with a franchise tag, so we are not back looking for a QB. And if he shines under McCarthy, a long-term deal is possible, assuring the team of having a franchise QB for years to come.

2) I don't know if we would have done any more on defense than we have done. The Cowboys still have money to spend and can create more with restructures. I think it would be a fallacy to believe we're not signing players like Griffen and Clowney because we can't. It's more likely we're not signing them because we don't want to, especially at the price they are seeking.

3) Dak has not been mediocre. He has not been a clear top-five QB (which is what he seems to want to be paid like), but he has been great at times, good at times and average at times. I'd like to see if he can take the next step under McCarthy before we dish out big money, but Dallas did not give him $31 million because he's mediocre.
1- 37 mil next year would further cripple the team cap . Many cap experts are on the record that keeping Dak at 37 mil is almost impossible unless he makes the SB or CCG .
2- Defense can absolutely benefit from 15 mil in cap space . The D is very leaky . Unless you think the FO cannot pick players on defense .
3- Dak was 1-6 against decent teams . Not a good sign . Hope you are right about him . Dallas wants him to prove himself again this year with all the new weapons . Will see .

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
You must have missed the game or Just being silly or something. Dak played horribly in that game, could not even score a TD with all the offensive weapons . But you don’t want to focus on that . Don’t mix Defense with offense . No one argued dallas had a better defense .
No, I am just not ridiculous enough to base the overall player over one game. Brady was bad last year. Not just one game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your silly cynicism and comments are becoming redundant . Enjoy your Dak slobbering . Thinking Dak is better than Brady shows your fundamental ignorance . Go fly a kite .
Dak is better than the current day Brady. No doubt. The fact that you don’t understand that is an indication of your football acumen. I.E. non-existent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You mean optimism compared to your dwell in the sewers negativity. Ok.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Prescott is by no means great, but I want to see him without the Garrett disadvantage before passing all that much judgement.

Its ridiculously unreal when a coach can actually put you at a disadvantage and never ONCE outcoach the opposition.

Without the inept Washingtons and Giants, we would have been out of this Jerry experiment long ago.

Jerry wanted it to be the case so badly he bought the whole Garrett fraud.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
1- 37 mil next year would further cripple the team cap . Many cap experts are on the record that keeping Dak at 37 mil is almost impossible unless he makes the SB or CCG .

What does this even mean? Making a conference championship or Super Bowl doesn't magically give the team more cap space to re-sign Dak.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
2- Defense can absolutely benefit from 15 mil in cap space . The D is very leaky . Unless you think the FO cannot pick players on defense .
3- Dak was 1-6 against decent teams . Not a good sign . Hope you are right about him . Dallas wants him to prove himself again this year with all the new weapons . Will see .

1) We have different beliefs about crippling the cap.
2) Didn't say the defense couldn't benefit from it only that if Dallas wanted to add a defensive player such as Clowney or Griffin, it already can. Dak's tag is not holding the team back from signing other players.
3) I don't think Dallas wants Dak to prove himself again. I think it doesn't believe his value is what he believes it is. It offered him Goff/Wentz money (meaning he doesn't have to prove he is on the level of other franchise QBs). If he would have taken the deal, then he would have been Dallas' quarterback for at least the next three years. Dak wants more so he's got to show he's worth more.

zack

Reaction score
In hindsight , honestly , shouldn’t the cowboys just grabbed Brady for 25-25 mil for the best chance to reach the Super Bowl this year or next while we still have the talent on the roster ?
Does any one really believe Dak gives us a better chance than Brady in the 2 year window ?

yes absolutely. Missed opportunity.