Watching some linebackers

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've watched very little so feel free to tell me to look again if i'm off.

I'm watching Micah Parson for the 1st time.. I don't see much coverage ability.. He's at his best when he is coming down Hill or running sideline to sideline.. Almost like.. Jaylon.

I just don't know if that's really the direction you want to go in todays NFL.. You almost need safeties at LB these days.

Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah - He looks great against the pass but my gosh does he looks small. Is he really going to be a 3 down linebacker? IS he going to give us anything against the run?

Zaven Collins - Out of these 3 he is the one I would be targeting.. He just looks good in all 3 areas. I could drop him into coverage or tell him to come down hill. I watch him and I just see a Patriot style of linebacker.

I've watched very little so forgive me if i'm off some. Anyone else I need to look at?

Aven8

Reaction score

I'm watching Micah Parson for the 1st time.. I don't see much coverage ability.. He's at his best when he is coming down Hill or running sideline to sideline.. Almost like.. Jaylon.

I just don't know if that's really the direction you want to go in todays NFL.. You almost need safeties at LB these days.

Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah - He looks great against the pass but my gosh does he looks small. Is he really going to be a 3 down linebacker? IS he going to give us anything against the run?

Zaven Collins - Out of these 3 he is the one I would be targeting.. He just looks good in all 3 areas. I could drop him into coverage or tell him to come down hill.

I've watched very little so forgive me if i'm off some. Anyone else I need to look at?

Been pumping Collins for awhile. Kid is a flat out game wrecker. Scholar athlete as well. We need more smarts on D. He and Parsons are very similar, but I go with the kid that played all season.

People don’t realize the opt outs will hurt a lot of these players IMO. That’s a long time to not play football.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This class is very good at linebacker. Cox is a very good linebacker and he’s projected to go late first early 2nd. Moses would have been wayyyy higher too

Sydla

Reaction score

Zaven Collins - Out of these 3 he is the one I would be targeting.. He just looks good in all 3 areas. I could drop him into coverage or tell him to come down hill. I watch him and I just see a Patriot style of linebacker.

You probably wouldn't use JOK as a traditional 3 down LB. The team that gets the most out of him will be creative with him on defense. Is that Quinn? I have no idea. He and Collins shouldn't be options at 10, only if we trade back into the late teens, early 20s IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't use JOK as a traditional 3 down LB. The team that gets the most out of him will be creative with him on defense. Is that Quinn? I have no idea. He and Collins shouldn't be options at 10, only if we trade back into the late teens, early 20s IMO.

How is the Clemson guy doing that Arizona drafted?

That guy was one heck of a prospect. If he can’t find success then what style of linebacker like him can?

Sydla

Reaction score
How is the Clemson guy doing that Arizona drafted?

That guy was one heck of a prospect. If he can’t find success then what style of linebacker like him can?

Simmons? He did OK I think for a rookie. Not great, but he wasn't downright terrible either.

timb2

Reaction score

Jabril Cox LSU
Chaz Surratt - North Carolina
Jamin Davis- Kentucky
Amari Gainer- Florida State
Antonio Hines- Texas A& M
Baron Browning- Ohio State
Milo Eifler- Illinois
Carson Taylor- Northern Arizona
Caleb Carter- Southern
Monty Rice- Georgia
Nick Bolton- Missouri
Cameron McGrone- Michigan
Pete Werner- Ohio State
Charles Snowden- Virginia
Kong Deng-California
CameronGoode- California
Troy Anderson- Montana State
Derrick Barnes- Purdue
Christian Albright- Ball State
Chris Rumph- Duke
Garrett Wallow- TCU
Sam Williams- Mississippi

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

That’s a very generic comment: “I don’t see much coverage ability.”

What are you specifically talking about?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s a very generic comment: “I don’t see much coverage ability.”

What are you specifically talking about?

Again.. I've spent all of about 20 minutes watching this guy but Penn state just sends him constantly. He almost never drops back into coverage. Everything is downhill. Just like Jaylon.. I'd like to see some video of him dropping into zones and actually covering but his skill set is basically like the guy we already have.

Aven8

Reaction score
Again.. I've spent all of about 20 minutes watching this guy but Penn state just sends him constantly. He almost never drops back into coverage. Everything is downhill. Just like Jaylon.. I'd like to see some video of him dropping into zones and actually covering but his skill set is basically like the guy we already have.

Watch his last football game, the Cotton Bowl. The announcer’s almost get annoying as they are calling his name the whole game.

John813

Reaction score

He could be a Deion Jones type LB, someone Dan Quinn had in ATL for years. He was 222lb for the combine

J-man

Reaction score
I think Parsons, like Jaylon, is best as a rush LB who can chase. He should go to a 3/4 team.
JOK I see as more of a S/LB hybrid. He can cover very well, but he isn't a run stopper and will get washed in the NFL.
IMO, Collins is the best at doing all 3 phases well. He can run, cover, shed, tackle and blitz.

Plankton

Reaction score
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The best use of JOK would be as a Darren Woodson type SS - assist in slot coverage, provide a blitzer, and allow him to press the line in run support. The other way would be as he was used at Notre Dame - as a Rover (SS/LB hybrid) in a 4-2-5 look.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

So you’ve watched ~20 minutes of clips and deduced he’s just like Jaylon?

As someone else said, watch him against Memphis in the Cotton Bowl if you want to see him make plays in coverage and then ask yourself when have you ever seen that from Jaylon.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Parsons, like Jaylon, is best as a rush LB who can chase. He should go to a 3/4 team.
JOK I see as more of a S/LB hybrid. He can cover very well, but he isn't a run stopper and will get washed in the NFL.
IMO, Collins is the best at doing all 3 phases well. He can run, cover, shed, tackle and blitz.

I agree. Collins is my guy even ahead of Parsons. I don’t like the fact that Parsons sat out for a year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you’ve watched ~20 minutes of clips and deduced he’s just like Jaylon?

As someone else said, watch him against Memphis in the Cotton Bowl if you want to see him make plays in coverage and then ask yourself when have you ever seen that from Jaylon.

Please don't get upset at me.. I gave you a disclaimer ahead of time. If my evaluation sucks I felt like I did a good job preparing you cause it may indeed suck.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Thing about Collins is, he doesn't fit the type of linebacker Quinn likes.