Watching the NFL Network, 85 Bears game.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Got Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan on the sidelines (Jim Zorn is playing QB for Green Bay), and they had the most dysfunctional relationship ever. Two guys coaching the same team who basically hated each other. Regarded by many as the best defense ever.

Then I look at Wade and Brian Stewart, and I can't help but want to break things. Wade as a head coach needs someone a lot smarter than Stewart at DC.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than the team to turn it around and prove me wrong, but I can't get my head around Brian Stewart coaching all these top shelf NFL draft picks and getting the results that he is. I don't care if Campo calls the plays, get it together before Sunday.

Thoughts?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up... I love watching that old 85 Bears team. Truly one of the best teams ever.

Funny seeing Zorn out there... I didn't even remember him being at Green Bay. Looks like he's about to be benched, though. :)

I didn't really get what this game had to do with Wade and Stewart, though...

Kilyin

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418744 said:
Thanks for the heads up... I love watching that old 85 Bears team. Truly one of the best teams ever.

Funny seeing Zorn out there... I didn't even remember him being at Green Bay. Looks like he's about to be benched, though. :)

I didn't really get what this game had to do with Wade and Stewart, though...

Just reminded me that I don't like them, seeing one of the best defenses to play the game. I know Brad Johnson literally handicapped the team, but our defense has been sorry.

Aside from sacks, we're statistically one of the worst defenses in the league. Not doing too well on special teams either. I read we had three extra coaches added to place more emphasis on special teams. Maybe we need some extra coaches on defense as well, for when Stewart melts down on the bench during games.