Way early 2023 PFN mock draft

RS12

Reaction score
25) Dallas Cowboys: Emil Ekiyor Jr., G, Alabama
The Dallas Cowboys are selecting help on the interior of the offensive line with three of their top six picks. Emil Ekiyor Jr. is the most drafted among that group. The big man from Alabama presents a potentially younger version of Zack Martin to pair next to the all-time great. Ekiyor is massive and has equally impressive tape in both pass protection and on the ground.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/pfn-mock-draft-every-teams-highest-drafted-player-2023-nfl-draft/

I sincerely doubt their draft position is this high, but here ya go.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Dallas Cowboys are selecting help on the interior of the offensive line with three of their top six picks. Emil Ekiyor Jr. is the most drafted among that group. The big man from Alabama presents a potentially younger version of Zack Martin to pair next to the all-time great. Ekiyor is massive and has equally impressive tape in both pass protection and on the ground.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/pfn-mock-draft-every-teams-highest-drafted-player-2023-nfl-draft/

25 seems about right. Thats one and done or 2nd round of the playoffs territory

Sydla

Reaction score
Another interior OL? And he said the Cowboys took three interior OL with their first 6 picks? LOL, wut?

RS12

Reaction score
Another interior OL? And he said the Cowboys took three interior OL with their first 6 picks? LOL, wut?
Just a guess, the theory would be: 1) Tyron moves on 2) Tyler moves over 3) BPA at that point is Tyler's replacement.

I still think they are drafting mid to high teens though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ya thats pretty strange. If they have us targeting interior, OC makes more sense.

If we look towards OL again, it probably depends on what they see as Smiths long/short term(2023) future is. If they look to play Smith at OT in 2023, interior OL could be a possibility.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope that he is there when we pick 32 in next years draft.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I would love this pick I just wouldn’t like it in rd.1. It’s defense turn. But we’re at the truly BPA point

timb2

Reaction score
My early Cowboys Mock Draft for 2023.

1- Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

2- Ricky Stromburg C Arkansas

3- Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee

4- Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

5- Dexter Gervin DT Florida

6-Brant Kuithe FB Utah

7-Eyami Anoma DE UT- Martin

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
G,LT,TE,DT, S any of those in the first, probably even still need LDE and CB.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Can't go wrong getting another quality offensive linemen.

I want Bjion Robinson though. I want to have the best rushing attack in the league again.

Bijan is going top ten! Only generational RB's go top ten nowadays and he's one of them because of his run ability mixed with catch skill set. Apparently he'd be an all american wideout if he played that position, his hands are that good. He's already getting Alvin Kamara comps.

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't go wrong getting another quality offensive linemen.

I want Bjion Robinson though. I want to have the best rushing attack in the league again.

Using a first round pick on a TB is peculiar. We watch teams road grade us, such as the 49ers, with great running games and they literally just piece together their RB room with spare parts. Take an OT in the first round or an OC before taking a TB if you want a dominant run game.

Hardline

Reaction score
Using a first round pick on a TB is peculiar. We watch teams road grade us, such as the 49ers, with great running games and they literally just piece together their RB room with spare parts. Take an OT in the first round or an OC before taking a TB if you want a dominant run game.
That model doesn't work for the Cowboys. If you can get an elite RB that will instantly make your running game dominant you do it. Especially if the RB is going to be the best in the NFL the day he's drafted. OL can be addressed in free agency or the draft.

Now if that OL is a Zack Martin, Quentin Nelson or Tyron Smith in the draft I agree with you.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
That model doesn't work for the Cowboys. If you can get an elite RB that will instantly make your running game dominant you do it. Especially if the RB is going to be the best in the NFL the day he's drafted. OL can be addressed in free agency or the draft.

Now if that OL is a Zack Martin, Quentin Nelson or Tyron Smith in the draft I agree with you.

The "model" can be whatever you want it to be. Investing a mid to high first round pick on a TB is just weird. Have we learned nothing from doing that with Zeke? People said the same things about Barkley when he came out, that he was the most talented/best TB the day he was drafted and what have the Giants won?

Then there is the added pressure of having to resign the guy to a big contract 3-4 years down the road because he was your high first round pick. So you end up compounding the problem.

TBs in the first round is just bad business IMO.