Way too early 53-man roster thread

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I posted this in the Fan Zone and mods deleted it - I didn’t realize there was a Roster zone.

I wanted to make a way too early 53-man roster thread and, before you say it, I do realize that we haven’t even had the first OTA or seen the rookies with helmets. But this is fun, so if you’re a roster geek, join me.

Before I get to my own prediction, here are some of the positional battles that have me excited going into camp:

1. There’s currently only one center on the roster, Tyler Biadasz, and while I like him, he has an injury history. Who can back him up in an emergency other than Connor McGovern?

2. Cooper, Gallup and Lamb are locks at wide receiver and I think that Cedrick Wilson makes the team too. So they keep 5 or 6 receivers? Can rookies Simi Fehoko and/or Brandon Smith make the team? I say YES.

3. I think that Ralston makes the roster. He plays an old school position but, if given the chance, I think he can be this generation’s “Moose”.

4. There are 10 cornerbacks on the roster and Dallas typically keeps 5. Diggs and Joseph are the only locks. This is going to be a really fun battle.

5. Who makes the team at safety and which cornerbacks get looks as safeties? Marcus Mosher seems to think they’ll try Reggie Robinson, Jourdan Lewis and Israel Mukuamu there. If Kazee and Wilson are the starters, I could see Lewis and Mukuamu making the team as safeties and the team cutting Kearse and Thompson.

Anyway let me know what you think and post which positional battles has you excited for training camp!

QB (3): Dak Prescott (1), Garrett Gilbert (2), Ben DiNucci (3)

RB (3): Ezekiel Elliott (1), Tony Pollard (2), Nick Ralston (3)

WR (6): Amari Cooper (1), CeeDee Lamb (2), Michael Gallup (3), Cedrick Wilson (4), Simi Fehoko (5), Brandon Smith (6)

TE (4): Blake Jarwin (1), Dalton Schultz (2), Jeremy Sprinke (3), Sam McKeon (4)

OT (4): Tyron Smith (1), La’El Collins (2), Brandon Knight (3), Josh Ball (4)

OG (4): Zack Martin (1), Connor Williams (2), Connor McGovern (3), Braylon Jones (4)

C (1): Tyler Biadasz (1)

DE (5): DeMarcus Lawrence (1), Randy Gregory (2), Brandlee Anae (3), Tatell Basham (4), Chauncey Golston (5)

DT (5): Trysten Hill (1), Brett Urban (2), Osa Odighizuwa (3), Neville Gallimore (4), Quinton Bohanna (5)

LB (5): Jaylon Smith (1), Leighton Vander Esch (2), Micah Parsons (3), Keanu Neal (4), Jabril Cox (5)

CB (6): Trevon Diggs (1), Kelvin Joseph (2), Anthony Brown (3), C.J. Goodwin (4), Nahshan Wright (5), Israel Mukuamu (6)

S (4): Damontae Kazee (1), Donavon Wilson (2), Jourdan Lewis* (3), Darian Thompson (4)

ST (3): Greg Zeurlein (1), Hunter Niswander (2), Jake McQuaide (3)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't need 3 QB's or RB's unless nick is a good ST player.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
QB (3): Dak Prescott (1), Veteran Cut from some other team (2), Garrett Gilbert (3)
Ben DiNucci -- maybe on the practice squad. Rush gone. No battle here regardless.

RB (3): Ezekiel Elliott (1), Tony Pollard (2), Nick Ralston (3)
This should be fun to watch, but I think they will keep Ralston and at least one other back will end up on PS. Ralston spot the only one I think is really up for grabs as to whether they keep another RB or a FB. Minor battle here.

WR (6): Amari Cooper (1), CeeDee Lamb (2), Michael Gallup (3), Cedrick Wilson (4), Simi Fehoko (5), TJ Vasher (6)
There will be some very good battles for the 4-6 spots, and at least one will end up on PS. I like the three above, but Brown, Smith, Eagles, Parker etc might be able to fill the role of these last three that unless they have a specific role won't see the field much. Tough major battle here for the last three spots and for a role.

TE (3): Blake Jarwin (1), Dalton Schultz (2), Jeremy Sprinke (3),
Sam McKeon ends up on Practice Squad--rest cut. I don't see much battle here.

OT (5): Tyron Smith (1), La’El Collins (2), Ty Nsekhe (3), Josh Ball (4), Steele/Hyatt (5)
OG (4): Zack Martin (1), Connor Williams (2), Connor McGovern (3), Brandon Knight (4)
C (1): Tyler Biadasz (1)
Matt Farniok, Hyatt/Steele, Isaac Alarcón all to the practice squad -- Good battles here on the OL. Not much battle for starters though.

DE (5): DeMarcus Lawrence (1), Randy Gregory (2), Terrell Basham (3), Chauncey Golston (4), Bradlee Anae (5)
Armstrong, Carter etc will be a good battle for that last spot that I guess will be Anae.

DT (5): Neville Gallimore (1), Brett Urban (2), Osa Odighizuwa (3), Quinton Bohanna (4) Carlos Watkins (5)
Trysten Hill is gone, imo. Austin Faoliu to the PS.

LB (6): Jaylon Smith (1), Leighton Vander Esch (2), Micah Parsons (3), Keanu Neal (4), Jabril Cox (5), Bernard (6)
Hines to the PS and Gifford and Kamara battling with Bernard for that 6th spot.

CB (5): Trevon Diggs (1), Kelvin Joseph (2), Anthony Brown (3), Jourdan Lewis(4) C.J. Goodwin (5),
Nahshan Wright to the practice squad. Should be some good battles here though.
S (4): Damontae Kazee (1), Donavon Wilson (2), Israel Mukuamu (3), Jayron Kearse (4)
Should be some descent battles here as well for Kearse spot.

ST (3): Greg Zeurlein (1), Hunter Niswander (2), Jake McQuaide (3)

25 Offense, 25 Defense, 3 ST

Good battles at WR, LB, OL, S, CB, and playing time on the DL.

timb2

Reaction score
QB
Dak Prescott
Garrett Gilbert

FB
Nick Ralston

RB
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard
Rico Dowdle

WR