We’re in the Trevor Lawrence race!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboybish, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,618 Messages
    6,305 Likes Received
    I’d trade that pick for 3 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and a 3rd

Uncle_Hank likes this.
  2. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,991 Messages
    2,236 Likes Received
    It's technically a win-win. Resign Dak and the the first 3 rounds of picks can be day 1 defensive starters

Draft Trevor and potentially save $100 million over the course of 4 years by getting the cheaper player, plenty of money to sign real starters not bargain bin

3. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

3,397 Messages
    4,541 Likes Received
    There are reasons they may have to draft Lawrence if they wind up with the first pick, but I don't see how it will help given how bad this defense is. It is not just a bad defense, it is a historically bad defense. It is the worst defense in the history of the modern NFL. I like Lawrence a lot and I think he is going to be a great NFL QB. But he is not going to fix this team. He could throw for 500 yards a game and still lose every game.

I would not draft a LT either. This team need a defensive line consisting of big, strong, mean guys who relentlessly pursue the football. Then they need a smart playmaking safety or 2. That is where I would start. If I was Jerry Jones I would give the Jets a call right now and offer my second pick in the draft for Quinnen Williams. Then, if I am in the sweepstakes for Lawrence I trade my pick to the highest bidder picking up a lower first and a 2nd. I use those two picks to find a LB and a safety. Then, I go after players in free agency. They don;t have to be the best, they have to be football players who are not afraid to hit and get hit.

But I would not go into 2021 with this defense. They need to replace at least 6 or 7 of the players they have.

4. Syron

Syron Active Member

261 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Flacco, Wilson and Mahomes all won on their rookie deal. Foles won on Wentz's rookie deal. Last year, I would argue 3 of the best QBs were Mahomes, Jackson and Watson....all one their rookie deal.

Uncle_Hank likes this.
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

11,465 Messages
    10,968 Likes Received
    It’s not about what Trevor Lawrence could’ve done better than Dak with this terrible team. It’s about the fact that we need a complete rebuild and it’ll take a few years to be decent again. If we pay Dak $40 million, we’ll still be a terrible team for a few years. Give me Trevor Lawrence on a rookie contract for 5 years and a few more terrible seasons where we get top 5 picks that we can use to rebuild our roster.

aikemirv likes this.
  6. Valkyr

Valkyr Well-Known Member

1,622 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    I'd take Vicki Lawrence at this point.

cowboyfan4life2 likes this.
  7. Syron

Syron Active Member

261 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Exactly! Especially considering the cap is expected to drop by 15+ million a year next year.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  8. bark

bark Well-Known Member

5,880 Messages
    6,986 Likes Received

Valkyr likes this.
  9. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

4,548 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    Come on down we’re in the running now, you know the jets will end up winning more games than us so will Jville

10. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

17,705 Messages
    18,144 Likes Received
    No. Use pics for defense.

11. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,199 Messages
    9,833 Likes Received
    We’re not bad enough....the jets are a solid 2 games up on us in that race and I don’t know that we’re going to catch them.

we will end up with a top 5 pick though

cowboyfan4life2 likes this.
  12. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

2,794 Messages
    1,982 Likes Received
    The Jets are a lock to get them. Have you seen their schedule?

pjtoadie likes this.
  13. Uncle_Hank

Uncle_Hank Well-Known Member

248 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    If I were running an NFL team, I'd run an offense like Baltimore or like what the Saints do with Taysom Hill and constantly draft mobile QBs like you're supposed to do with RBs. Always stay three deep at the position, and rotate them out once their rookie deals are up. Use the extra $35 million a year or whatever to shore up the defense and put offensive weapons all over the field. There's no reason not to go full Moneyball in the NFL.

Syron likes this.
  14. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,179 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    I'm afraid Lawrence will prove as elusive as a divisional-round playoff win has these last 25 years.

15. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

30,806 Messages
    26,095 Likes Received
    Does Lawrence play defense?

16. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

2,127 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    If we have top 5, Jerrah might trade down, we don't have a need for a RB or WR.

17. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

15,889 Messages
    17,361 Likes Received
    If we get #1 it should be getting traded for a boatload

If we get #1 it will be moved for a 3rd rounder....

18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,493 Messages
    54,940 Likes Received
    Trevor Lawrence is our Superbowl.

I’m sure a rookie defender is going to really help dig us out of mediocrity though..

We need to rebuild.. It’s obvious.

BigTimeBlues likes this.
  19. hittheskids

hittheskids Well-Known Member

1,199 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    No way he would sign with us. We're the new raiders with our own version of Al Davis in the suite. Honestly, if I am Dak I bail too.

20. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

7,667 Messages
    8,297 Likes Received
    Don’t be so sure. We can’t stop the run at all. Bad up front on both ends. The worst