We All Know What's Going To Happen

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yea as a fan I am done. I have watched very little football this season and frankly as a Cowboys fan I am done until Jerry Jones dies. The franchise is toast under this insane man's direction and I am done watching this garbage.

You could have made you comment much shorter by just saying you're fair weather fan.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Excluding 2020 season, Dak Prescott has played 18 games against teams that finished the regular season with over 10 wins. He is 5-13 in those games with 22TDs and 19 INTs. How the hell do a anyone consider giving out a 35 million a year contract for this?

Nav22

Reaction score
haven't made a Conference Championship game in 25 years.
LOL.
As if a “conference championship appearance” will appease Cowboys fans.

The complaint would then become “no Super Bowl appearances in X years.”

And if we got to a Super Bowl and lost, it would become “no Super Bowl wins in X years.”

We were “contenders“ in 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2018. Anything short of a Super Bowl title is meaningless. So we’ve failed over the last 25 years just like the majority of the NFL has failed over the last 25 years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And the same situations facing the Cowboys are facing every other franchise. And yet ... the Steelers are 10-0, the Chiefs are 9-1, the Saints are 8-2, the Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Bills, Browns, Colts and Titans are all at 7-3. And we are 3-8.

The problem isn't the situation, it's the organization not being prepared to deal with a pandemic that has affected the entire league. And because we are ill-prepared (whether because we drafted the wrong guys or are playing the wrong guys or hiring the wrong coaches or suffering injuries for whatever reason), we sit in the dungeon of the worst division in the league.

But we've rationalized our mediocrity for more than 20 years. At what point do we get coaches and players in here who are capable of weathering the storm and handling adversity?

Every other franchise has the same challenges. Yet some learn how to prevail and thrive. Imagine that.

Every team you mentioned that is doing good doesn't have a 1st year head coach and coaching staff. Those teams didn't have to learn new systems with no off season program, preseason games and a very altered training camp because they already had their systems. Also none of those teams has had as many starters injured and on IR as the Cowboys have had. Oh and that 10-0 steelers came VERY CLOSE to being beaten by this team. They escaped by the kin of their teeth. Next time when comparing compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
And the same situations facing the Cowboys are facing every other franchise. And yet ... the Steelers are 10-0, the Chiefs are 9-1, the Saints are 8-2, the Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Bills, Browns, Colts and Titans are all at 7-3. And we are 3-8.

The problem isn't the situation, it's the organization not being prepared to deal with a pandemic that has affected the entire league. And because we are ill-prepared (whether because we drafted the wrong guys or are playing the wrong guys or hiring the wrong coaches or suffering injuries for whatever reason), we sit in the dungeon of the worst division in the league.

But we've rationalized our mediocrity for more than 20 years. At what point do we get coaches and players in here who are capable of weathering the storm and handling adversity?

Every other franchise has the same challenges. Yet some learn how to prevail and thrive. Imagine that.
Every team has lost their starting QB and their entire OL?

Wow!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We were a damn good team in 2016 and a pretty good team in 2018 (after trading for Cooper).

In 2017 and 2019 we were average.

But by all means, let’s keep pretending we’re some sad-sack organization like the Browns who haven’t been to the playoffs in 15+ years.
:laugh:
This fanbase’s favorite pastime is self-loathing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes nothing proves your fandom like bending over for Jerry.

I don't like every player but I still watch and support the Cowboys. There are things I really don't like about Jones but I still watch and support the Cowboys. Win or lose I still watch the Cowboys. See if you are a fan of the Cowboys, it's a team that includes everyone including the owner and you watch. People that state they won't watch because of this person really isn't a Cowboys fan, just a fair weather fan.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As if a “conference championship appearance” will appease Cowboys fans.
Look at the previous 25 years.

14 conference championship game appearances.

All most fans want is a legitimate chance at contending for the Super Bowl.

That used to be who we are. Now we are a sideshow.

So yeah, the Conference Championship is a fairly good measurement for being legitimate contenders.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

So yeah, the Conference Championship is a fairly good measurement for being legitimate contenders.

And to think there have been GENERATIONS of Cubs fans that waited over a HUNDRED YEARS for a championship and you're whining about 14 years.

Nav22

Reaction score

Okay.

Now ask yourself this: what if those 14 conference championship game appearances resulted in ZERO Super Bowl wins?

Would the fanbase still be satisfied with that?
:laugh:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
And to think there have been GENERATIONS of Cubs fans that waited over a HUNDRED YEARS for a championship and you're whining about 14 years.
So you'd be okay with a hundred years of ineptness?

Not really sure you're making the point you think you are.

75boyz

Reaction score

Impressively accurate and truthful post. Excellent insight and perspective.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.
We know that people like you will continue to create worthless threads.

TheCritic

Reaction score
What a depressing read!
Yes it's definitely depressing. I, for one, can no longer blame anyone other than the Jones family. They've had 26-27 years to find someone to fill the shoes of Jimmy Johnson and haven't been able to do it. We are more than a handful of draft picks away. We need more than the best head coach money can buy. The entire organization needs a overhaul that trims out the bloated clownishness of "America's Team" and the buffoonery of the larger than life ego of the Joneses. Nothing short of that is going to work.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So you'd be okay with a hundred years of ineptness?

Not really sure you're making the point you think you are.

Try thinking before commenting. Neither Jones will be around for 75 more years so maybe think a little first. What I'm saying is as bad as the Cubs were and as long as their fans which were generational and every year went to games and supported them, had to wait for a championship, and then there are people here, not using the word fan, that are acting like spoiled little kids and if the Cowboys aren't winning I'm going to whine and then take my ball and go home.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes it's definitely depressing. I, for one, can no longer blame anyone other than the Jones family. They've had 26-27 years to find someone to fill the shoes of Jimmy Johnson and haven't been able to do it. We are more than a handful of draft picks away. We need more than the best head coach money can buy. The entire organization needs a overhaul that trims out the bloated clownishness of "America's Team" and the buffoonery of the larger than life ego of the Joneses. Nothing short of that is going to work.

Why don't you make yourself happy and go find another team because you obviously don't like the Cowboys.