We All Know What's Going To Happen

MaineBoy

Reaction score
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.

But at least we get a top ten tight end !

coult44

Reaction score
Actually, clown, YOU’RE the one who’s more into “everybody gets a trophy” if you believe a conference championship appearance is something to strive for.

MY point was that a conference championship appearance isn’t crap. We play for Super Bowl titles.

Meaning yes, we’ve failed in the last 25 years just like MOST of the NFL has failed in the last 25 years.

You’re just not bright enough to compute that mentally. Clearly.
:thumbup:

They make pills for people as angry as you bruh. Where did you come up with the stuff about me caring about a conference championship? You make up things and then argue with folks about what you make up that they said? They make pills for that too.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There’s nobody on this site, who’s a fair weather fan. Comments like this prove your intelligence. There hasn’t been fair weather for this team in 26 years. ZERO, NONE!! If someone says they are a Dallas Cowboys fan, believe them. Why would they admit it, unless they were a real fan. We openly cheer for a losing franchise. One of the worst franchises in professional sports. That’s about as good of fan as there is

The Cowboys are having one of their worst seasons and there are people that are saying that they have or are going to stop watching games. Lets see having a terrible season people stop watching, definition of a fair weather fan.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Oh grow up. You can be a fan of a team while recognizing its flaws for what they are. I'm as big of a fan of the Cowboys legacy as anybody. But all of these years of watching Jerry Jones market the crap out of this team without winning anything of significance since January 1996 is everything you need to know. It's time for a new team identity without the Joneses.

Here's what's wrong with your little I'm really a fan rant. Why is it that there have been both players and coaches after leaving the Cowboys have said they never met an owner that wants to win as much as Jones does. People here think all Jones wants to do is market the Cowboys yet people that actually work with the man say he wants to win more than any owner they ever played for or coached for. So lets see who am I going to believe players and coaches who actually know and worked for Jones or someone here who has never been withing 100 yards of him and has never even once talked to the man. Gee I think I'll go with those that have the actual 1st hand experience.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
First, close is only good in horse shoes and hand grenades. Haven't you heard that expression? ;)

Second, do you REALLY think the Steelers were taking the Cowboys seriously? :lmao:

Third, Kellen Moore is not a first-year head coach. And Mike McCarthy is a veteran coach. He was limited in the same way other coaches were limited. We've had 20-plus years of futility and guys are STILL buying into excuses. Sorry, but we're out of excuses.

Again you proved you don't know what you're TRYING to talk about. Nobody, especially me, has said that Kellen Moore was a first year head coach. Yes McCarthy is a veteran coach BUT he is a FIRST YEAR as a head coach with a new team. Those that actually know something about football figured that out for themselves without having it put in grade school manner. And your oh the steelers weren't taking the Cowboys seriously lasted until their first possession and having to punt and then the Cowboys first possession when they took the lead. They woke up then.

Last edited:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
That's why you sign backups who can step in and do the job.

New Orleans is down Brees. They keep winning.

Seattle's defense is crappy. They keep winning.

Arizona has a 5'5 quarterback who can't see over his line. They keep winning.

Green Bay has a suspect defense. They keep winning.

Losing Dak, who only helped us win ONE GAME, is not an excuse.

Sorry, but 20 years of futility cries out "ENOUGH WITH THE EXCUSES!"

Wow, indeed.
None of that is on the scale of what Dallas is dealing with.

Also,Dak helped us win twice.

Nav22

Reaction score
They make pills for people as angry as you bruh. Where did you come up with the stuff about me caring about a conference championship? You make up things and then argue with folks about what you make up that they said? They make pills for that too.
Aren’t you the chick who said, “More than a quarter century without competing for a championship”???
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Cute that “competing for a championship” would satisfy you, ma’am.

I’m aiming for Super Bowl titles... nothing less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.

This years offseason was a good one. With a top 5 pick this will be an even better one. Just what a new coaching staff needs to turnover a good part of the roster and fill holes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
ERAR
That's why you sign backups who can step in and do the job.

New Orleans is down Brees. They keep winning.

Seattle's defense is crappy. They keep winning.

Arizona has a 5'5 quarterback who can't see over his line. They keep winning.

Green Bay has a suspect defense. They keep winning.

Losing Dak, who only helped us win ONE GAME, is not an excuse.

Sorry, but 20 years of futility cries out "ENOUGH WITH THE EXCUSES!"

Wow, indeed.

The next man up is all fine and good when you lose a player but no team has the backups that can preform like their starters for their entire offensive line. Your teams you mentioned don't have a new head coach and coaching staff that had to learn a new system with no off season programs, preseason games and an extremely altered training camp. Oh and your exaggeration is funny, Kyler Murray isn't 5'6". Oh and your Seattle and packer examples aren't playing with backup QB's. and didn't have 4 different QB playing in 4 straight games. Oh and your Brees thing when he went out of the game the saints had the lead and only gave up a field goal after his injury so you're talking about part of a single game. Want to exaggerate some more?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Bad coaching never improves.

Either fire MM and his buddies, or go through another miserable season in 2021.

JBond

Reaction score
In watching Dallas football since the early 70s, I have never seen this many injuries in the trench. Add in the QB, covid, new system, new schemes and coaches it was deadly cauldron of a tornado, earthquake, mudslide and hurricane all in one stadium. This is not the same rinse and repeat.

This season is showing glaring must picks virtually in every position and round.
Dallas to has solidify the trenches along both fronts with O-line the most pressing.
The first three rounds must be plug-n-play trench warfare.

What I want to see Dallas focus on during the remaining games, are increasing the playing time of young players that are splitting snaps with veterans.

Stop with the fakes and reckless coaching. Focus on the detail of runs after contact, and Yacs. Dalton has to increase his completion rates by hitting quick short routes. Zeke has to play physical football. Another fumble, and Zeke would not be suited up.

1. Start winning the TOP.
  2. West Coast passing. Quick slant and outlets. The O-line can't stop the feast of pressure, it is up to Dalton to release the ball quickly.
  3. Establish the dirty runs and screens.
  4. The Defense need to become the hardest hitting team during each game. The Bad Boys.
  5. Hustle, Determination, and Grit; if the team plays its heart out, I am ok with a loss.
  6. Scheme Lawrence more sacks.
My rebuttal. The Cleveland Browns are 7-3

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Again you proved you don't know what you're TRYING to talk about. Nobody, especially me, has said that Kellen Moore was a first year head coach. Yes McCarthy is a veteran coach BUT he is a FIRST YEAR as a head coach with a new team. Those that actually know something about football figured that out for themselves without having it put in grade school manner. And your oh the steelers weren't taking the Cowboys seriously lasted until their first possession and having to punt and then the Cowboys first possession when they took the lead. They woke up then.

Look, junior mint. I'm addressing your points. I'm not ascribing anything to you. I said Kellen Moore isn't a first year coach. He, however, is the offensive coordinator, which means the offense knows his system. Therefore, the Cowboys offense is in the same predicament as any other offense in the league. So the offense has no excuse.

Second, McCarthy came bragging about how he has analyzed film on other teams and on the Cowboys. He should be able to take what Moore and the offensive players ALREADY know and improve upon it. Remember, he has Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Lamb. He has a "capable" backup in Dalton, and he had Dak before his injury. And how many games did we win with Dak? Say it with me ... 1.

Sorry, I'm not interested in excuses.

Third, what do you know about football? You're guessing just like most of the people in this forum are. Unless you've coach for a NFL team? Get outta here with that "you know more about NFL football than someone else." :laugh:

Fourth, uh, the Steelers won didn't they? It doesn't matter when, where or how they won. They won. Any attempt to diminish the final outcome gets listed in the "if my aunt had a xxxxx she'd be my uncle" category. :laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
None of that is on the scale of what Dallas is dealing with.

Also,Dak helped us win twice.

Dak won ONE full game.

He didn't finish the Giants game. Therefore, we can't say if he would have won that game or not.

Second, Dallas has had better teams and have done less. I'm not convinced had they had everyone healthy and ready to go they wouldn't be in the same predicament.

We get our hopes up EVERY year. And the results are the same.

At some point, you're going to catch on what the REAL problem is.

When it comes to organizations, everything rises and falls on leadership.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ERAR

The next man up is all fine and good when you lose a player but no team has the backups that can preform like their starters for their entire offensive line. Your teams you mentioned don't have a new head coach and coaching staff that had to learn a new system with no off season programs, preseason games and an extremely altered training camp. Oh and your exaggeration is funny, Kyler Murray isn't 5'6". Oh and your Seattle and packer examples aren't playing with backup QB's. and didn't have 4 different QB playing in 4 straight games. Oh and your Brees thing when he went out of the game the saints had the lead and only gave up a field goal after his injury so you're talking about part of a single game. Want to exaggerate some more?

Want to exaggerate 20 years of futility?
Want to examine how other teams win with backup quarterbacks and overcome injuries?
This team sits at 3-8, and you're making excuses for historical incompetency. :laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Here's what's wrong with your little I'm really a fan rant. Why is it that there have been both players and coaches after leaving the Cowboys have said they never met an owner that wants to win as much as Jones does.

Uh, because Jerry Jones is a powerful owner and can pull strings.
Uh, because you don't burn your bridges if you want to stay in this league.
Uh, because one can have a desire but totally not know how to accomplish that desire because of ego and other human frailties. Ever heard the term cognitive dissonance?

I'm sure Jerry wants to win. But he wants to win HIS WAY! And HIS WAY might not be THE WAY to win.

He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does; otherwise, all that money and cash he's throwing at players and coaches would have resulted in Super Bowl appearances and victories.

24 years and counting.

RD21

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the 70's. It's a real bummer that my adult children (also Cowboys fans), have never seen us compete for a Championship. I have 27, 24, & 21 yr old sons. My youngest two, weren't born the last time we were in a Super Bowl, & sadly, my oldest was too young to remember XXVIII & XXX.

Over the years, I've defended Jerry Jones, & his decisions. It's nearly impossible to do that anymore. One can only make excuses for so long. I really thought dismissing Jason Garrett would dramatically change the soul of this team. Little did I know, it would be for the worse. I've been very unimpressed with Mike. Perhaps a "normal" off season will allow him to get things right but, I'll remain skeptical at this point.

The only positive to our complete disaster, is the fact that, I'm no longer emotionally invested in the team. I'm a fanatic, & will always watch. However, I've become immune to us being garbage. Anymore, I expect it. When we show flashes of decent football, I'm pleasantly surprised. Although, I never get my hopes up anymore, & certainly don't see us becoming legit contenders anytime soon. We've had a fair amount of talent go through the locker room in the last 25 years. Coming up short seems to be the modus operandi for this franchise now.

Maybe we'll get lucky one day..... I won't hold my breath.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

8. Rinse and repeat.

9. We’ll have all the usuals declare we won the off-season once again.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look, junior mint. I'm addressing your points. I'm not ascribing anything to you. I said Kellen Moore isn't a first year coach. He, however, is the offensive coordinator, which means the offense knows his system. Therefore, the Cowboys offense is in the same predicament as any other offense in the league. So the offense has no excuse.

Second, McCarthy came bragging about how he has analyzed film on other teams and on the Cowboys. He should be able to take what Moore and the offensive players ALREADY know and improve upon it. Remember, he has Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Lamb. He has a "capable" backup in Dalton, and he had Dak before his injury. And how many games did we win with Dak? Say it with me ... 1.

Sorry, I'm not interested in excuses.

Third, what do you know about football? You're guessing just like most of the people in this forum are. Unless you've coach for a NFL team? Get outta here with that "you know more about NFL football than someone else." :laugh:

Fourth, uh, the Steelers won didn't they? It doesn't matter when, where or how they won. They won. Any attempt to diminish the final outcome gets listed in the "if my aunt had a xxxxx she'd be my uncle" category. :laugh:

OK little man, the Cowboys when Prescott was in didn't have a problem scoring points BUT the defense which is entirely different from last year has had a HUGE problem stopping teams. For the first 8 weeks the Cowboys defense sat at #31 or #32 and then it went back to that style again in week 12. Now why might that be? I think it's because of Noland installing a very complicated convoluted defense with no off season program, preseason games and an extremely altered training camp that makes the players fit that defense instead of using a defense that fits the players and the takes advantage of the players skills

Yes the offense is using the same basic plays BUT since week 6 the Cowboys have been without their starting QB and they had a stretch of 4 games with 4 different QB's. They started the season without BOTH of their starting tackles and now none of their starting tackles or guards are playing. The Cowboys have had a RB that has developed a bad fumbling problem and has had ONE, UNO, SINGULAR good game and junk for the rest. For the second year in a row the Cowboys wr's lead the league in drops.

Oh and you said and I'll quote you again "Second, do you REALLY think the Steelers were taking the Cowboys seriously?" and I answered that fater holding the steelers to a punt on their first possession and on the Cowboys taking the lead on their first possession the steelers woke up and took the Cowboys seriously. , but you didn't like that because it AGAIN proved you wrong.

Go whine some place else and don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore you.