We always say "We'll learn alot about this team..."

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I've said it, you've said it...we see it on this board alot.

This season has not went as any Cowboy fan had hoped. We have faced adversity. We've played in tough games.

But how many times this year, or maybe in the immediate past have we said, "This game will tell us alot about this team" and then they go out and play flat?

I believe the game against Washington will tell us ALL that we need to know about our players. If they dont come out and play lights out, forget the coaches, some players need to be gone. There isnt a coach in the world that should have to motivate players to play a division rival on the road when your season pretty much rests on that game. You win, you pull even with a division rival, you lose, and you're in the cellar at 5-5 with 6 games left, all against good teams.

In my opinion, this time, we truley will learn alot about our team's mental makeup. If they come out fired up and take control from the beginning, the league better watch out, because we all know we have the talent to get on a serious run.

However, if it is the same old mentally soft team that collapses the first second something doesnt go their way, there needs to be some drastic changes on the coaching staff, AND personell department.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2399505 said:
I've said it, you've said it...we see it on this board alot.

This season has not went as any Cowboy fan had hoped. We have faced adversity. We've played in tough games.

But how many times this year, or maybe in the immediate past have we said, "This game will tell us alot about this team" and then they go out and play flat?

Parcells final year we had one foot in the grave and Romo Pimp Slapped the NFL by storm.

We fought back from major adversity when he became our starter in Parcells final season.

Last year we were simply amazing and got beat by the hottest team in the league in the playoffs.

This year we were simply amazing to start out the season and have faded since the Commanders game.

If they fail to overcome these odds than so be it but its not like we have never seen this team not dominate or do well under pressure.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CATCH17;2399515 said:
Parcells final year we had one foot in the grave and Romo Pimp Slapped the NFL by storm.

We fought back from major adversity when he became our starter in Parcells final season.

Last year we were simply amazing and got beat by the hottest team in the league in the playoffs.

This year we were simply amazing to start out the season and have faded since the Commanders game.

If they fail to overcome these odds than so be it but its not like we have never seen this team not dominate.

I'm not saying that. We all know what this team is capable of.

So for every instance of us "dominating" I can find an instance of us folding.

05- We are in the drivers seat coming into Thanksgiving at 7-3. We give the game to the Broncos, and the following week do the same thing to the Giants. We then have the nice win against KC at home, and then get anhilated against Washington. Julius explodes on Christmas eve and we beat the Panthers, then lose to the Rams and miss the playoffs.

06- We are right where we want to be at the end of the year after Romo "pimp slapped" the NFL, and everyone knows the rest know the rest...

Last year not too much

This year there is too much to name.

Point is, we all know what we're capable of doing, but there are too many times we dont do it. The Commanders game to me will be a huge sign of this teams maturity and mental fortitude.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We already know a lot about this team. Simply put, it's a finesse team. That label is good enough win a Super Bowl, but for this team, it can play to its potential only when all its healthy starters (a.k.a. stars) are playing well.

It cannot play finesse football nearly as well with backup players. It does not know how to play hardnosed football when key players are out and they know that the only chance of winning means having to grit their teeth to make a game competitive--even although the Tampa game was an exception.

That's why I'm placing most of my hopes and expectations for this season in getting all the starters back healthy as soon as possible. The team has no edgyness (sp?) to own its identity, no sense of urgency or sustained emotion to fight its way out of the hole it has dug itself into. However, it needs to find that critical edge and passion before its too late in '08.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The offense has proved to be dominant. The defense has NEVER proved to be dominant. They are not and will never be dominant. People need to stop thinking our Defense will get better to the point we can depend on them to win a SB.

superpunk

Reaction score
My biggest fear is that what we've already learned about this team is the truth about this team. I'm holding out hope that this isn't really who these players are, but that hope gets tougher and tougher to cling to watching them go out and lay down when they need to step up most.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2399903 said:
this team had better get their head out in two weeks.

Yes, the buck stops here. They want the playoffs they need to show it pronto. Get in therapy, team build and start breaking down how they are going to hand Washington their butts.

In regards to us dominating in the last 2 years, yah we've won games but the only critical games that I saw us show up to and win was Green Bay last year and Tampa this year. The problem with both of those games is that either the offense or defense showed up, not both at the same time. We showed up for Philly this year but it wasn't that critical type of game.

We need to show up in critical games period. That's this teams problem. Regular season or playoffs!

Asklesko

Reaction score
The first game against Washington told you all you needed to know about this team.

Ren

Reaction score
They'll have a good game then come back the next week flat and lay an egg against SF, that's how this team works.

Win a game get showered with praise believe the hype lay an egg, rinse repeat

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
My son and I were talking and we are worried that this bunch is just content BEING the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys are one of the most prominant organizations in all of sports, and this bunch seems satisfied to be a part of that.

Even though they haven't done anything themselves, and the organaization hasn't done anything in 12 years.

Win or lose, they are still the COWBOYS !!

They don't feel the need to prove anything! To each other, or to the league, or to the media, or to the other teams in the division.

At times I don't see any heart, any pride. No desire to be the best.

I don't know that we are good enough to win the Super Bowl, but I know we are better than we have shown lately.

We must win the Skins game if we are to advance with a shot at a win streak, ... if we lose, the season is over. IMO