CFZ We are all guilty

Aven8

Reaction score
I won’t be shocked if they make it to the conference championship (AFC weaker this season), but it would surprise me if they make the Super Bowl and shock me if they won it.

If Henry is back expect it. Unlike us they beat good teams. KC, Rams, SF etc

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would absolutely work. If the stadium stopped getting filled and the ratings dropped, it would absolutely matter. We start getting fewer prime time games, it would absolutely matter.

The problem is there will likely never be a fan revolt, so it's a moot point. Fans will continue to pack the stadium, and the Cowboys will, for whatever reason, continue to be the most watched team.

The tricky bit is asking away fans to not flood the stadium. Jerry doesn't care if his palace becomes away games for the Cowboys as long as his pockets are lined.

stinkface

Reaction score
What we lack and most teams lack is a stone cold killer at QB. Call it the eye of a Tiger or whatever, but one who just cant be ruffled and who makes ALL the talent around him better.

Brady has it, Roger's has it, Troy had it as well as Montana and a few others. There are a couple of young studs out there that have it such as Josh Allen, Mahomes and Probably Joe Burrow. Sadly Dak doesn't. Doesn't mean he can't win the super bowl. Lots of Bus Drivers have won the Super Bowl and some are currently back ups in the league.

Ww have to go all in and sign a good left guard and a stud inside DT. Cap be damn. They don't put Managed the cap well on your Tombstone. They put Super Bowl Champion.

Blitzen

Reaction score
It would absolutely work. If the stadium stopped getting filled and the ratings dropped, it would absolutely matter. We start getting fewer prime time games, it would absolutely matter.

The problem is there will likely never be a fan revolt, so it's a moot point. Fans will continue to pack the stadium, and the Cowboys will, for whatever reason, continue to be the most watched team.

It will be the slow decay model. Like if another 40 years go by without another Super Bowl, you might see some attendance fluctuations. Most fans are happy to go pay $300 for a few hours of drunken entertainment and escape for awhile.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It could be worse. We could be Washington fans rooting for a team with no identity and no hope. It sucks that we didn't go further this season but it definitely could be worse.
Not really, we are the ones paying a broken RB and average QB elite money. They aren’t.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guilty but I'm like a tenth as guilty as most fans. I buy the Sunday ticket. I watch the games. That's all I do. I haven't bought anything else Cowboys related in over 20 years.

Cmac

Reaction score
With all the hype, expectations, and excuse making, I'd check for my wallet remaining in my possession, constantly around this type of team

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Our fandom throughout these past 3 decades makes this show possible. In case you are upset at what happened (again) yesterday, just understand that your interest and following of the squad makes it a perpetual experiment. We rehash the same stuff after each failed postseason.

I’ve taken it for what it is. It has some entertainment value for me to an extent. I was shocked that the Cowboys won 12 games this season because last year’s defense showed so little. I was thinking 10 wins at most.

The offense put up great numbers against the worst competition, and not so great numbers against the better defenses. Especially when you are talking about consistent point scoring in all 4 quarters (which I thought might be an interesting analysis-anybody know where I can find breakdowns of scoring per quarter, pass yards per quarter, etc?).

The defense was substantially better in almost every area, but most notably for taking the ball away. They did it again yesterday (almost twice). They created a scoring opportunity for the offense, which the offense took advantage of. They still have trouble dealing with smash mouth styles of offense though. They held SF in check for most of the game, but could not hold after the interception from Dak. I was pleased with their total effort and game plan.

Lots of problems on both lines and unfortunately at the QB position. I have no issues with Dak being signed long term because the Cowboys knew he would be a better option for relevance than trying to start over. It’s good business to take easy wins when you can get them, and this division provides plenty of easier wins.

However, the Cowboys have very little chance to advance far in the playoffs without a premier QB, and they don’t have one. See the usual suspects in the final rounds and Joe Burrow showing so much promise on a Cincinnati club that has an extremely suspect defense and porous offensive line. There are typically only 3-5 QBs in the league each year that are on this level. They all require at least decent/average line play to succeed. Strong running games and defenses can help lift an average QB to later rounds of the playoffs, but a team with great coaching, elite qb, and good defense can go farthest in this league consistently.

This and the divisional rounds are something for this team’s core players to aspire to. It could be worse, and I’ve cheered on pretenders before. Let’s pretend the Cowboys actually have a chance at a Super Bowl in the next few years. More fun than the alternative.
Because of their lousy finish in 2020 they had a mediocre schedule with a mediocre QB at best. I knew going into the playoffs that this team needed to hit another gear, but unfortunately Prescot doesn't have the ability to get there. Also, Romo kept us all in tune the whole game when he would mention several times of the open receivers or TEs that he wasn't throwing to or was late getting the ball out. I know Romo is sitting up in a box somewhere and can see the whole field, but Prescot was so slow with his reads most of the game and that put a huge amount of pressure on the O-Line the entire game. We're stuck with a KIRK COUSINS CLONE FOR YEARS TO COME..................

jnday

Reaction score
Such a sad ending.

But unfortunately, not at all unexpected.
I can’t believe that anybody was surprised by the final result of the game. Throughout this season, I have read post comparing this super soft team to teams from the 1990s. It was ridiculous, especially considering that this team has a long history of losing to decent teams. This team plays soft and sloppy. Both of these traits are a reflection of poor coaching. Dallas is exactly what they have been accused of being, highly paid losers.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Fan revolts never work. Jerry will be rich beyond measure whether you watch or buy his merchandise or not. It’s sad. I think if any of us true fans had a couple seasons as GM, we would truly go all out for a championship. The Cowboys never do that.

This is correct. The tv money alone will make generations of Jones’ rich beyond belief. Additionally, that stadium is packed along with the suites, and don’t for a minute think Jones cares if it’s packed with 50% opposing fans.

what i find somewhat crazy is when I see people going gaga and screaming/clapping for this idiot owner when he’s coming off the field pregame or at training camp. The man has absolutely destroyed the winning tradition of this once proud franchise

shabazz

Reaction score
Did you read the entire post? I still find some entertainment in it. So yeah, when I’m not doing something better I’ll prolly throw it on.

yup, casually watching something entertaining for free and not having faith in this team to win the SB are not mutually exclusive

the sooner people don’t get emotionally involved and realize they have absolutely no effect on the teams performance, the happier they will be.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll never buy anything Dallas again until this "IT" stops! We as fans been lining Jerry's pocket for the last 26 years and Jerry gleefully takes our money then bend us over. This team has been giving me 9 yards of D-"IT" for years. And I'm tired of it.

shabazz

Reaction score
I can’t believe that anybody was surprised by the final result of the game. Throughout this season, I have read post comparing this super soft team to teams from the 1990s. It was ridiculous, especially considering that this team has a long history of losing to decent teams. This team plays soft and sloppy. Both of these traits are a reflection of poor coaching. Dallas is exactly what they have been accused of being, highly paid losers.

…..anytime we tried to point this flawed way of thinking was, we were branded as trolls, malcontents and sodomites…..so all we could do was just watch the inevitable unfold as we thought it would

#6 seed losing to #3 at home with the #1 offense being rendered emasculated, broken and flacid

shabazz

Reaction score
I am planning on getting a Parsons jersey cuz I did say that I'd get a jersey if we got a stud player on defence, which we do. I also plan on getting a custom made one for my fursuit. Other than that, I do not plan on spending anything else on the Cowboys for the foreseeable future.

Buy the bootleg versions of those and the NFL and Cowboys won’t get a dime of it. China needs all the help it can get in these tough times…..