We are in trouble

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The team I hate the most is the Eagles and they have a favorable schedule. I am starting to think that the divison will end up:

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Commanders 10-6
Cowboys 9-7

Thoughts?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2399398 said:
The team I hate the most is the Eagles and they have a favorable schedule. I am starting to think that the divison will end up:

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Commanders 10-6
Cowboys 9-7

Thoughts?

If that's how the records end up, then we deserve what we get, those 3 teams would have been better than us.

I'm still holding out hope for 10-6 for us though, and just hope it's enough.

links18

Reaction score
Did you just pull those records out of the air or did you actually go through each team's schedule? There are still quite a few intra-division games left......

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Commanders 10-6
Cowboys 9-7

Thoughts?

We play the games and see where we are when all is said and done. I think many times as people go through a schedule picking wins and losses it seldom falls the way they think.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
10-6 will not get us a playoff birth. The NFC South is strong and the nfc North is also good. Not to mention the nfc east second plce probably will hav 11 or so wins.

10-6 record will get you packing for next season...We need to win all our remaining games with the exception of maybe one to have a chance.

links18

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2399420 said:
10-6 will not get us a playoff birth. The NFC South is strong and the nfc North is also good. Not to mention the nfc east second plce probably will hav 11 or so wins.

10-6 record will get you packing for next season...We need to win all our remaining games with the exception of maybe one to have a chance.

Maybe, but that is not the consensus right now.....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

We will see, we don't really have any other choice at this point than to hope some of the other teams hit dry patches. I refuse to believe 5-4 at the midway point eliminates you from the playoffs.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
10-6 will not get us a playoff birth.

It certainly can. There are numerous scenarios in which 10-6 will be enough, without anything unusual happening.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Commanders 10-6
Cowboys 9-7

Thoughts?

What 3 games do you see the Giants losing?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doom, despair and agony on me, deep dark depression excessive misery, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Doom, despair and agony on me.

These are the days in the "cowboyszone"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Actually they went over this on talking cowboys today and 10-6 has a great possibility of getting you in because there are 30 games of consequence to those WC teams the rest of the way. A lot of those teams that are log jammed will start knocking one another off because of their schedules.

10-6 can, and most likely will, get you them in but 11-5 will assure it.

links18

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2399654 said:
Actually they went over this on talking cowboys today and 10-6 has a great possibility of getting you in because there are 30 games of consequence to those WC teams the rest of the way. A lot of those teams that are log jammed will start knocking one another off because of their schedules.

10-6 can, and most likely will, get you them in but 11-5 will assure it.

We aren't finishing 11-5.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
links18;2399677 said:
We aren't finishing 11-5.

Cool. Glad to know that you're able to 100% accurately predict the future. I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever decide to become a gambler.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

Giants 12-4
Eagles 11-5
Commanders 10-6
Cowboys 9-7

Thoughts?

I take it you think the Eagles are capable of going 9-1 over a 10-game stretch?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are in trouble
Ya think?

Seriously though, Dallas has an excellent opportunity of reaching the playoffs, even if it's only as a wild card. However, this team shouldn't put the emphasis on how many games which other teams within the division and the conference are winning.

This team should solely be focused on winning every game down the stretch. Truthfully, that's going to take a lot of work and effort, especially if certain injured starters do not return to the active roster. It'll take determination, tenacity, proficiency and perhaps even a little unorthodox thinking on the part of coaches and players alike to get it done, but it's completely doable and it certainly has been done before by other struggling teams in seasons past.

If the team can somehow regain its identity, it should adopt the motto of, "Why not us?" It couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

hutru01

Reaction score
In order for us to make the playoffs:

1.) Beat the Commanders on Nov 16
2.) Win the remainder of the division games (tall order, but its the truth)
3.) Pray that the Giants win vs the Eagles and Commanders

The only loss we can really afford is vs the Steelers or Ravens.

Will it happen? I say our chances are about 50/50 at this point and its going to depend on our offensive line. I have faith in Romo, but its my OL that I question....

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If we keep playing like we have been - yes we are in trouble....

But, we are far from "in trouble" in the playoff picture.

The 4 teams in the south play each other 7 times in the last half of the season.

The 3 teams in the North play each other 4 times in the last half

and the 4 teams in the East play each other 6 times in the last half.

Nobody in the North is good enough to go better than 10-6

Tamp, NO and Atl are going to eliminate each other. 1 might make it in but only if the Cowboys or another NFC east team fall apart down the stretch.

In short, I am not worried about everybody else, just the Cowboys. They control their destiny!

2-1 in the division as long as the 2 are Philly and Was and 3-1 out and we are in no worries

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
hutru01;2400027 said:
In order for us to make the playoffs:

1.) Beat the Commanders on Nov 16
2.) Win the remainder of the division games (tall order, but its the truth)
3.) Pray that the Giants win vs the Eagles and Commanders

The only loss we can really afford is vs the Steelers or Ravens.

Will it happen? I say our chances are about 50/50 at this point and its going to depend on our offensive line. I have faith in Romo, but its my OL that I question....

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

You're confusing optimal results, possibilities and necessities. Those things would be nice, but they're NOT necessary for us to make the playoffs. In fact, we can lose to the Commanders AND the Giants, the Giants can lose to the Eagles AND Commanders, and we still can make the playoffs. And we wouldn't need a bunch of help to do it. So all three of the things you listed can NOT take place, and we still could make the playoffs.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
mrla;2399556 said:
What 3 games do you see the Giants losing?
How about the rest of their division games...thats not impossible.