We are right about where we should be!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I kinda figured that we would be 2-2. I didn't think it would be this way, but the same record. I figured we would lose to SD and Oakland. THought we would beat Skins and SF. SO we are where I figured we should be. The only downer is that loss to the Skins because that hurts us in the division. With all that said, I also figured we would be 2-3 after the Eagles game as well. I'm hoping to be wrong.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Opening with three of four on the road, 2-2 is not bad. Should have been 3-1 but when you play with the fire of close games, you get burned.

Woods

Reaction score
Well, I think most of us thought we were around an 8-8 team.

Looks that way.

We need more experience with our young defensive players, more experience in the 3-4, a quality FS, and better Special Teams play. That would probably make us 9-7 or 10-6.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're an average football team. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves. Obviously we still have several issues that keep us from being a good team.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods said:
Well, I think most of us thought we were around an 8-8 team.

Looks that way.

We need more experience with our young defensive players, more experience in the 3-4, a quality FS, and better Special Teams play. That would probably make us 9-7 or 10-6.

Correct Woods... and we lack a #1 WR, just like Michael Irvin says.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Opening with three of four on the road, 2-2 is not bad. Should have been 3-1 but when you play with the fire of close games, you get burned.

Well said. On top of that the three road games were on the west coast so that has to take it's toll. Heck, they didn't even get home after the last one. It was a brutal 4 weeks for that.

Woods

Reaction score
Unfortuantely for us, we're in a tough division.

Let's just hope we can make some improvement on Defense as the year progresses.

If we can go from 6-10 to even 8-8 this year, that's a start and something to build on, especially with all of our young players.

We clearly have more young talent on this team than we've had in years.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

I think we have a #1 WR if we would use him. Glenn can be that guy, but when you don't take the shots, you don't get the production. They tried to go to him way late in this game.

OVer all though, the bottom line is that there is room for improvement and I am looking forward to watching this team grow and get better. This time next year it could be a very different story. Plus this team has something that we haven't had in a while, and that is a will to fight to the end. We are young and talented.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

You have alllll the answers. Tell us ole genie of the lamp. Who is the #1 in New England? Who is the #1 for the Giants. Who is the #1 for the Skins? Who is the #1 for Chicago?

I can name you about 3 players in this league who can be an old school #1.

Moss
Owens
Harrison
(maybe) Ward

After that....???? Im lost. Teams spread the ball alot more these days. They have been doing that for the past few years. With FA the way it is. Teams rely on all the WR's to contribute. Its to easy to focus on one guy and take him out. Whos gonna move the chains then? The #4 draft pick?

Teams need multiple weapons. Thats all im saying. We have that in Dallas. That is not delusional.

Now go back to sippin on your sour mash Wini. :cool:

Woods

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I think we have a #1 WR if we would use him. Glenn can be that guy, but when you don't take the shots, you don't get the production. They tried to go to him way late in this game.

OVer all though, the bottom line is that there is room for improvement and I am looking forward to watching this team grow and get better. This time next year it could be a very different story. Plus this team has something that we haven't had in a while, and that is a will to fight to the end. We are young and talented.

You've got to LOVE the young talent on this team.

Petitti, JJ, TT, Crayton on offense.
On defense, Ware, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, Burnett, and I've probably forgotten a couple of guys.

But next year we've got to get a cover FS for sure, and I still think with the 3-4 we need one more massive NT in the Ted Washington mold to hold down the middle of the line.

And a FG kicker as well.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I kinda figured that we would be 2-2. I didn't think it would be this way, but the same record. I figured we would lose to SD and Oakland. THought we would beat Skins and SF. SO we are where I figured we should be. The only downer is that loss to the Skins because that hurts us in the division. With all that said, I also figured we would be 2-3 after the Eagles game as well. I'm hoping to be wrong.

i guess i did to, but it's SO frustrating to blow a 13 point lead at home, lose at the 5 yard line, watch the skins go to 3-0, watch philly come back from 20 down, watch the g-men roll to 3-1.

tough times.

grrrrrrrrrr.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas said:
You have alllll the answers. Tell us ole genie of the lamp. Who is the #1 in New England? Who is the #1 for the Giants. Who is the #1 for the Skins? Who is the #1 for Chicago?

I can name you about 3 players in this league who can be an old school #1.

Moss
Owens
Harrison
(maybe) Ward

After that....???? Im lost. Teams spread the ball alot more these days. They have been doing that for the past few years. With FA the way it is. Teams rely on all the WR's to contribute. Its to easy to focus on one guy and take him out. Whos gonna move the chains then? The #4 draft pick?

Teams need multiple weapons. Thats all im saying. We have that in Dallas. That is not delusional.

Now go back to sippin on your sour mash Wini. :cool:

Gee you sound bitter...

I don't know about you but it sure seemed we had far too many instances of our WRs not being able to get off the line of scrimmage. Hopefully you watched some of the KC/Philly game and seen how a receiver gets open no matter what.

Irvin never let guys bottle him up on the line for long.

And obviously we had poor pass protection from time to time and Bledsoe missed guys when they were open.

Make no mistake... we have some problems on this team. It's better than last year's squad but it's still only about a .500 club in my honest opinion.

Woods

Reaction score
Asklesko said:
Actually, we should be 4 and O.

I don't know . . . .

I got my dose of "reality" after SF gave us a scare right to the end.

As happy as I was that we won the game, I figured we had some ways to go before we could consistently challenge the elite teams in the league.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Woods said:
You've got to LOVE the young talent on this team.

Petitti, JJ, TT, Crayton on offense.
On defense, Ware, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, Burnett, and I've probably forgotten a couple of guys.

But next year we've got to get a cover FS for sure, and I still think with the 3-4 we need one more massive NT in the Ted Washington mold to hold down the middle of the line.

And a FG kicker as well.

I think Obviously, FS is the #1 priority right now. And you are right about the young guys. I especially like the way Pettiti has handled himself. He will have some hard days, but he is improving every game. Plus, I like the way he stayed with his guy after getting beat to open up a hole for Bledsoe to pick up the first down.

As far as FG kicker goes. If come week 10 Cundiff is not signed by someone else, I'll bet he's back in Dallas. Just a gut feeling.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The harsh reality of this game, is that we were fortunate to be in the position to complain about a last-second goal line play.

If we'd have won this game, we would have been just as lucky as the skins were to beat us...

I mean, fluky as heck TD by Crayton?

Then a hail mary bomb to Glenn when we're at 3rd down deep in our own territory? Those get completed probably less than 10% of the time.

We were outplayed in this game, and yes, it hurts to lose at the end when we had a chance to pull it out, but we probably didn't deserve to win this game.

Let's move past this, and go on and win the game that REALLY counts, next week against the Eagles. Do that and we're right back in the mix of things. Lose and we'll have a real uphill battle to make the playoffs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
The harsh reality of this game, is that we were fortunate to be in the position to complain about a last-second goal line play.

If we'd have won this game, we would have been just as lucky as the skins were to beat us...

I mean, fluky as heck TD by Crayton?

Then a hail mary bomb to Glenn when we're at 3rd down deep in our own territory? Those get completed probably less than 10% of the time.

We were outplayed in this game, and yes, it hurts to lose at the end when we had a chance to pull it out, but we probably didn't deserve to win this game.

Let's move past this, and go on and win the game that REALLY counts, next week against the Eagles. Do that and we're right back in the mix of things. Lose and we'll have a real uphill battle to make the playoffs.

If we don't beat Philly I think you can take a match to that band-wagon. ;)

VoR

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
We're an average football team. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves. Obviously we still have several issues that keep us from being a good team.

:hammer:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Gee you sound bitter...

I don't know about you but it sure seemed we had far too many instances of our WRs not being able to get off the line of scrimmage. Hopefully you watched some of the KC/Philly game and seen how a receiver gets open no matter what.

Irvin never let guys bottle him up on the line for long.

And obviously we had poor pass protection from time to time and Bledsoe missed guys when they were open.

Make no mistake... we have some problems on this team. It's better than last year's squad but it's still only about a .500 club in my honest opinion.
Wini - Im not saying we are some great football team. All I was trying to say is that we have the weapons in Dallas to be a successful club on Sundays. I think alot of the problems today were not because of the WR being covered. Much of the time the protection was breaking down or key people running off the field and leaving the QB to get eaten by the fatties.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Danny White said:

Just like this was Oakland's must win game to stay alive, next week is ours. We would be in a real bind within our own division let alone the conference so you are right. Next week is the one that counts right now. It's our playoff game.