We are slowly becoming the Oakland Raiders

jr40usa

Reaction score
Jerry and his band of renegades will put this team in the state of the current Al Davis and the Raiders.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jr40usa;2486648 said:
Jerry and his band of renegades will put this team in the state of the current Al Davis and the Raiders.

does this mean we'll finally get mcfadden??????

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jr40usa;2486648 said:

wow, amazing take...cant wait till your next one

not

:rolleyes:

jr40usa

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but.. Sunday will tell where this team is going up or down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Raiders and Cowboys have nothing parallel at all. Cowboys can actually evaluate talent. That's why the Raiders suck. They suck at talent evaluation.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
How so?

The Raiders have actually won a few playoff games over the last 12 years. If anything, the Cowboys are becoming the new Arizona Cardinals.

What? What did you just say? Did you just say that the Cardinals have also won a playoff game over the past 12 years? At our expense, no less?

Egadz!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
How can a team that controls its own destiny with regards to getting into the Playoffs be like the Oakland Raiders?

triplets92

Reaction score
jr40usa;2486648 said:

That has to be the most idiotic thing I've heard since this whole T.O. drama. I bet you believe in the tooth fairy too huh? listen I'm not saying this whole thing didnt happen, all I'm saying is I'm willing to bet it didnt happen the way Simple Ed reported it. For you to compare Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys To Al DAvis and the Oakland Raiders says 1 you dont pay attention to the Cowboys and how Jerry makes his moves and 2 you know absolutely nothing about football. The way Al Davis runs his team is a joke and for the longest Time I have been saying that the NFL needs to get invovled and take that franchise away from him somehow because Al Davis is a true blemish on the NFL. Jerry may be flashy but he knows what it takes to Win Championships and I can honestly say that Al Davis no longer knows that. I'm not trying to bash you but to make such a left field comment like that leaves openings for people to question how much you really know.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2486846 said:
How can a team that controls its own destiny with regards to getting into the Playoffs be like the Oakland Raiders?

Exactly. The Raiders were an overrated organization even when they were decent. Now they are truly a joke. They have no similarities with the Cowboys. They wish they did.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jr40usa;2486825 said:
I hope I am wrong but.. Sunday will tell where this team is going up or down.
So you hope Sunday tells us nothing about this team?

stiletto

Reaction score
jr40usa;2486648 said:

Dude, we're ALREADY the Raiders (although we win more in the regular season) but if you think about it at least they've won a playoff game or two this decade. We have not and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. Pathetic.

stiletto

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2486883 said:
Exactly. The Raiders were an overrated organization even when they were decent. Now they are truly a joke. They have no similarities with the Cowboys. They wish they did.

You are kidding right? How are these two organizations different? One is just YOUR FAVORITE so of course the other one is worse. Truth is, they both are "lovable" loser organizations with passionate fans and weirdo owners. That's the state of them. Reality sucks.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stiletto;2486900 said:
You are kidding right? How are these two organizations different? One is just YOUR FAVORITE so of course the other one is worse. Truth is, they both are "lovable" loser organizations with passionate fans and weirdo owners. That's the state of them. Reality sucks.
When have the Cowboys had six consecutive losing seasons like the Raiders?

Just because there are a few similarites, doesn't mean you can make the simplistic argument that they are in essence, the same.

Truth is, the team has a + .500 winning % during that timeframe. Yet we're a losing organization.

Some people's agendas are SO transparent.

stiletto

Reaction score
windward;2486918 said:
When have the Cowboys had six consecutive losing seasons like the Raiders?

Just because there are a few similarites, doesn't mean you can make the simplistic argument that they are in essence, the same.

Truth is, the team has a + .500 winning % during that timeframe. Yet we're a losing organization.

Some people's agendas are SO transparent.

True but the goal is making it to the Super Bowl and Winning championships. It's nice winning in the regular season and all but I and most fans would rather be known for winning Super Bowls. Look, the Raiders are dysfunctional and so it appears are our Cowboys. (How can anyone say they are not after this week?) That's just the reality of it. The team hasn't won a playoff game in almost 13 years. One of the longest droughts currently in the NFL. It's been truly an ugly decade for this team. You can only put so much liptstick on a pig my friend. We aren't paddling that much ahead of the Raiders at this point in time. FACT.

willia451

Reaction score
stiletto;2486949 said:
True but the goal is making it to the Super Bowl and Winning championships. It's nice winning in the regular season and all but I and most fans would rather be known for winning Super Bowls. Look, the Raiders are dysfunctional and so it appears are our Cowboys. (How can anyone say they are not after this week?) That's just the reality of it. The team hasn't won a playoff game in almost 13 years. One of the longest droughts currently in the NFL. It's been truly an ugly decade for this team. You can only put so much liptstick on a pig my friend. We aren't paddling that much ahead of the Raiders at this point in time. FACT.
Some of that may be true. Its true we haven't won a playoff game in 12 years. Its true we are 0-2 in the playoffs since Romo began. Its true the team chemistry is in doubt.

But its also true, we are a much better team today, than we were in the late 90s or early 2000s. We are no longer going 5-11 or whatever, year after year, after year, after year, after year. We ARE at least CAPABLE of contending now. And we DID win our division last year.

So, there is hope. And legit reasons to have expectations now.

Lets just wait and see, and go from there. Don't give into despair. That will do you nor anyone else, any good.

Go Cowboys!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stiletto;2486949 said:
True but the goal is making it to the Super Bowl and Winning championships.
So basically, not winning the Super Bowl means you're the Raiders.

Gotcha.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stiletto;2486900 said:
All of a sudden the Cowboys are lovable losers when everyone accuses us fans of being front runners? That's a new one. Or were you being sarcastic?

If you don't see the difference between that horrendous ball club in Oakland and this talented Dallas team, then I don't know what to tell you.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
That's a tad harsh. Jerry is loyal to a fault, whereas Al changes coaches at the drop of a hat. Now, if you're talking about senseless penalties ...

Randy White

Reaction score
jr40usa;2486648 said:

At first glance, I was offended at this post.

Then I realized that as much of a joke as the Raiders are, they've actually been to the Superbowl more recently than the Cowboys have..

and going by what's been happening the last couple of days, both have a circus in their lockerroom.

:starspin