We can never well good with the 3 TE sets

playmakers

Reaction score
Every time we start the game up its usually in 3 te's and Owens. Every time we run the ball throughout the game in that formation and for the past few seasons we get at most 2 yards. The reason? Our oline is too darn big. You put your biggest 8 guys on the line(Flo, Davis etc) and have the other teams 6 biggest DLineman out there and tell me were the space is going to be up the middle. If you notice we never get any yards up the middle and its because of that. Our runs are from sweeps or the counter play that Felix scored on in Green Bay. Even that play is an outside rush. Only when we go 3 wides can we run up between the tackles. Barber finally has some space to wiggle through. Vs Cincy in the 2nd quarter it was 3rd and a half a yard, we go to the big group with 3 Tes and Barber didnt get anywhere and we punted. He ran to the line and had no where to move. Anyone else notice this? It drives me crazy everytime were in this set. opinions

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I seem to feel comfortable with our te in the game......we are tough at that position really

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sure that has nothing, at all, to do with the fact that if you're in 3TE on first down that the defense, just might, realise there is a good shot you're going to try and run the ball.

playmakers

Reaction score
That too, thats the reason why we cant be so predicatable. When were in 3 wides the defenses really have no idea what were doing. When were in 3 te sets it creates a mass traffic jam in the middle of the field.

Velvet, sorry for the grammar error but I typed this really early in the morning.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2316571 said:
It's because Curtis can't block worth a crap.

I first read this as "Curtis can't block worth a Carp". :laugh2:

BnGFever

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2315492 said:
I COMPLETELY disagree. It is, "We can never run well the 3 TE sets." ;)

How about "we can never run the 3 TE sets well"

:lmao:

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe JG needs to mix it up, because the guy calls pass first and then run on second down. It is getting predictable.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
khiladi;2316733 said:
Maybe JG needs to mix it up, because the guy calls pass first and then run on second down. It is getting predictable.

On first-and-10, we've been exactly 50-50 (percent) run-pass.

On second-and-10, it's a 44-56 run-pass ratio.

Maybe not so predictable?

Reaction score
the 3 sets run well. Can we TE? Never.

I'm disappointed in our head-coach-in-waiting's predictable play-calling in general. He just hasn't been creative lately. It's a head-scratcher.

khiladi

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2316814 said:

What is the second and not 10 yards numbers... How often does Dallas get 0 yards on the first down? When you have 10 yards to run, your obviously going to pass more, because you got more yardage to make-up...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2316814 said:

Completely predictable. khiladi talks out of his *** 100% of the time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Does Dallas really run the ball out of the 3 TE formation that much?

I don't know if the information is correct, but ESPN has some stats for Barber running from the 3 tight end formation.

12 attempts
33 yards
2.75 average
12 yards as the longest carry
3 TDs

khiladi

Reaction score
Idgit;2316942 said:
Completely predictable. khiladi talks out of his *** 100% of the time.

How often are you in 2nd AND 10?

And when you run 8 times in one game, I'm quite sure your passing quite a lot on first down... There is a reason JG finally ran it more on first down against the Bengals...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
where is that "this ain't madden" icon when you need it

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think we do good from the 2 TE set though, however, I hate when we pass from that formation.