We did make the right Choice on draft day

BHendri5

Reaction score
people do not fret about Felix, he showed us what we have to look forward to for years to come. Now it is TC's time to show us. I knew he was going to get his opportunity this season, but I was thinking that it would be Barber, that would give Choice his opportunity(because of how MB3 runs the ball) but it turned out to be Felix.

Choice is a very good RB, not as fast or quick as Felix, but faster and Quicker than MB3.

They can do those same plays they had for Felix with TC, he may not get as many yards as Felix would on those plays, but he will get more than MB3.

for example on toss plays, Felix would take some to the house,40,50,60, 70, 80 or more yards,may be this is not a good example. Ok I'll try to explain it this way.

Felix on a toss sweep, waaaaaaaaaaaay more yards than MB3, TC, waaaaaaay more, MB3 waaaay. LOL(this is funny how I'm trying to explain this.

TC, is faster and quicker than MB3, he can give you alot of himself and a little of MB3 and Felix.

It is his time now, I hope give him his shot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Choice isn't really a replacement for Felix. He's a replacement for Marion.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
theogt;2431976 said:
He could be a replacement for Felix. (temporary)

He got like one carry against the Skins and you could the burst he has when he hits the hole. Total change of pace. I hope we blowout the Niners and give Choice a lot of carries in the 4th quarter.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
So If Marion had gone down, and we had chosen a speedster instead of Choice, would you be making a thread asking if we made the right choice because we no longer have anyone that could run inside? Probably.

We made a fine Choice as far as we know. He's looked good doing what he's been asked to do so far, and we were not going to keep 4 RB's on the active roster.

BHendri5

Reaction score
theogt;2431976 said:

I never said he was a replacement for either guy. But yes, he can be an every down RB, (if you want him to be a replacement for MB3). Heck, Felix can be an every down RB, (he is not viewed that way but he can handle it).

TC, is not a replacement for Felix. I was just stating that we made the right choice and now since Felix is down there is no reason to fret, Choice can give you big plays too, he is an exceptional running back, and no he is not a home run hitter, neither is Mb3, but both can take it to the house from 40, 50, 60 yards out.

we have seen MB3, take it from a distance on a few games last season.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
BHendri5;2431987 said:
I never said he was a replacement for either guy. But yes, he can be an ever down RB, if you want him to be a replacement for MB3. Heck, Felix can be an every down RB, he is not viewed that way but he can handle it.

TC, is not a replacement for Felix, either, I was just stating that we made the right choice and now since Felix is down there is no reason to fret, Choice can give you big plays too, he is an exceptional running back, and no he is not a home run hitter, neither is Mb3, but both can take it to the house from 40, 50, 60 yards out.

we have seen MB3, take it from a distance on a few games last season.

Lmao...your original intent totally flew right over my head....but yeah. You're right, we hope. :eek::

ologan

Reaction score
Well,he ought to have some pretty fresh "wheels" to work with. That could mean a lot very shortly.

BHendri5

Reaction score
tomson75;2431982 said:
So If Marion had gone down, and we had chosen a speedster instead of Choice, would you be making a thread asking if we made the right choice because we no longer have anyone that could run inside? Probably.

We made a fine Choice as far as we know. He's looked good doing what he's been asked to do so far, and we were not going to keep 4 RB's on the active roster.

yes, we made an excellent choice. Posters reaction to Felix's injury, that is the only reason I started this thread. Players get hurt some really hurts our gameplan if we lose them, but the Coaches are suppose to make do, fix, whatever, if we have someone to plug in do it, if we have to make a trade let the GM know, if we have pull another team's practice squad person , again let the Gm know, pull someone out of retirement let the Gm know, basically anyone not on the roster already the coaches has to go to the Gm and let him know what they need.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Well maybe Choice will get 2 touches per game now...:rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Choice is more of a slasher/inside type

it's a good pace from Barber's punishing, outside-cutting style

both backups bring different complements to Barber, and should be used alot more than they hav been, esp. in Choice's case

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2432199 said:
Choice is more of a slasher/inside type

it's a good pace from Barber's punishing, outside-cutting style

both backups bring different complements to Barber, and should be used alot more than they hav been, esp. in Choice's case

Unless his blitz pickups cripple the passing game.

I love Choice and think he's going to be a hell of a player, though.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
hopefully the coaching staff gives him touches they haven't these past couple of weeks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know Choice is a player whether its on offenes or special teams. I just can't figure out why he can't get on the field. He's a change of pace back to Barber. He's like a mix of Barber and Felix. He's physical like Barber and not as fast as Felix but he's faster than Barber. I imagine he will get some run this Sunday.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
rocyaice;2432772 said:
I know Choice is a player whether its on offenes or special teams. I just can't figure out why he can't get on the field. He's a change of pace back to Barber. He's like a mix of Barber and Felix. He's physical like Barber and not as fast as Felix but he's faster than Barber. I imagine he will get some run this Sunday.

Choice has struggled to pick up/block edge-rushers on a blitz. I think we're going to see more of those formations with MBIII in the backfield with the two TEs, Witten and Bennett. The point is to protect Romo at all costs. Choice can't do that, but what he can do is spell Barber some, and that may mean 5 or 6 carries a game for him. Ans that's not all bad.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TC seems to add a little more slash than MB but still is more a MB act than Felix. I think he adds relief more than anything else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2432782 said:
Choice has struggled to pick up/block edge-rushers on a blitz. I think we're going to see more of those formations with MBIII in the backfield with the two TEs, Witten and Bennett. The point is to protect Romo at all costs. Choice can't do that, but what he can do is spell Barber some, and that may mean 5 or 6 carries a game for him. Ans that's not all bad.

That's all i'm asking for. Just something to get Barber a breather here and there. Not someone to take half of the carries. I'd love to see Choice get 5 or 6 carries on Sunday.

T-NMan-41

Reaction score
:star:

I had a bad feeling about F Jones being held out but I think that in the long run it is best that he have the surgery now. Give TC the chance and work on his protections stop treating him like he is a baby... Our coaches have to do their jobs and train and develop football players into better and smarter players. All over the league rookies are playing and starting at a high level. Earn that paycheck and coach em up . Work em in practice and get them into the game ...............Our coaches act as if they are scared to put the young guys in the game

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
MBIII must be doing something right--he has them both on the bench while he is carrying out team to the playoffs.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
BHendri5;2431973 said:
I knew he was going to get his opportunity this season, but I was thinking that it would be Barber, that would give Choice his opportunity(because of how MB3 runs the ball) but it turned out to be Felix.

Didn't Felix give him this opportunity 4 weeks ago? For whatever reason, Choice has not made it to see any real field time. Was something mentioned that makes people think that Sunday is the day he gets more than a carry or two? Not being sarcastic, I am actually wondering. I would love to see more of the kid but he doesn't seem to be filling in for Felix's role on this team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love Felix think he is a great change of pace and would love to see more formation that get him in the game with Barber. However Barber is the type of back you build your running attack around because he will get consistent yard and is a very heady player always knowing what he needs to do to move the chains.