We dodged a big one with Gregory

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could be totally wrong too, I had a knee scope and it was extremely minor, but again I'm no shoulder expert.
The hyper link I posted doesn't say anything particularly specific, just that he had surgery and will sit out the entirety of the off-season program.

Reactions: G2

Bigdog

Reaction score
Not one bullet, the chamber was fully loaded with this clown act.
I am always on the side of giving people 2nd chances because we all make mistakes in life but this guy had several chances given to him by the Cowboys who stuck by him and then bit the hand that fed him. Not smart on his part.

StarLord

Reaction score
I stated before free agency began that I wanted him gone. His stupidity in the playoffs was all I needed to see. That said, that position is looking better all the time.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But why didn't he get it earlier in the off-season? I guess if the team he's on is footing the bill it had to wait until he was under contract.

Because he can not pass a physical while in recovery is my guess. So you wait till the contract is signed and you can pass a physical then you do surgery.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I had rotator cuff surgery a couple of years ago, and was out of work for 6 months. My shoulder is just now starting to feel about 95%. But I'm 58 years old tomorrow, and mine was torn for 13 years before I got the surgery. I don't know what the normal recovery time is for an NFL player.

Yeah -- I was much younger than you were, although not sure exactly how much, though. I must have been about 50 or so and might have waited about 10 years before getting it. My job wasn't terribly demanding on me but I had quite a struggle enduring the pain from the constant motion. I suspect the damage you suffered was somewhat worse than mine, although I couldn't move my right arm at all before the surgery. There was a chipped bone fragment in my shoulder joint that eventually caused it to freeze up.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah -- I was much younger than you were, although not sure exactly how much, though. I must have been about 50 or so and might have waited about 10 years before getting it. My job wasn't terribly demanding on me but I had quite a struggle enduring the pain from the constant motion. I suspect the damage you suffered was somewhat worse than mine, although I couldn't move my right arm at all before the surgery.
I was 41 when I injured it, and 54 when I got the surgery. They wouldn't let me go back to work as a truck driver for 6 months.
About 3 or 4 months before the surgery, it got to where I had to stop going to the gym because I couldn't compensate for the lack of mobility anymore, but I had probably 70% range of motion, painful as it was.

jnday

Reaction score
But why didn't he get it earlier in the off-season? I guess if the team he's on is footing the bill it had to wait until he was under contract.
He was probably using the same negotiating tactics that DLaw used, which was dumb and selfish.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was 41 when I injured it, and 54 when I got the surgery. They wouldn't let me go back to work as a truck driver for 6 months.
About 3 or 4 months before the surgery, it got to where I had to stop going to the gym because I couldn't compensate for the lack of mobility anymore, but I had probably 70% range of motion, painful as it was.

The 6 weeks of rehab I had to do was extremely painful but the exercises paid off in good time. I wouldn't wish that problem on anyone.

manster4ever

Reaction score
He will definately light it up. Most of all Gregory's problems stemmed from Weed.

The reason he went to Denver is because he wanted to go to Denver because weed is legal.
His decision and I could care less.

You 'could' care less? Dude....it's 'couldn't care less' and most of his problems didn't stem from weed fer crissakes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I just hope this isn't some excuse that some fans use to justify more time he's not available :thumbdown:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
You 'could' care less? Dude....it's 'couldn't care less' and most of his problems didn't stem from weed fer crissakes.
What did they stem from? "I can't cope in society unless I smoke weed?" Lame excuse. Give me a million dollars and I quit anything. He was never given the option of quiting and not having any money. Jerry babied him along to the point that Jerry was his enabler.
Yes I know the difference between couldn't and could, but each day goes by and I realize I could care less.

glimmerman

Reaction score
rotator cuffs are not routine..can be an issue even after surgery.. but we dodged bullet , 6 sacks =28mil guaranteed and his attitude after leaving

i mean sign it with the clause why not if you are that confident you arent getting suspended again,.,sign it..lmao.good riddance. Fowler easily replaces Gregory..
Hmmm isn’t that just about the same surgery D-Law held out on and JJ paid him. That’s still bothers me. He should have gotten that done as a responsible player so he could be ready for the season no matter where he was playing. He and his agents game cost us a starting DE for weeks into the regular season..

plymkr

Reaction score
One of the most over-rated players in Dallas history. He has some talent— but damn— people act like his 16.5 career sacks are irreplaceable lol

And to top it off he showed his true colors on his way out… bye Randy lol

DefenselessSecondhandKodiakbear-max-1mb.gif
Exactly. I'm pretty much anti Jerry on everything but IMO letting Collins go and Gregory go was 2 solid moves Jerry made. We couldn't count on them to play on game days due to their suspensions, bad behavior or injuries. So letting them go was the right move. Purging bloated contracts for average players is what we desperately needed. So I'm happy with Jerry on this one. Even to someone who's anti Jerry, Jerry doesn't do everything wrong. He gets it right sometimes and I feel he got it right when RG and LC. So I'm supportive of Jerry on this one.