We Dodged A Bullet Passing On Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, May 12, 2021.

1. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

28,673 Messages
    75,228 Likes Received
    He needs to fire the coaches that don't support it. It's his team, if they don't like it, shut the fudge up or get the fudge out! It's easy to find assistant coaches.

2. TNCowboy

TNCowboy Double Trouble

9,342 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    We haven't even been to an NFC championship in 25 years. Our roster is a bloated mess of overpaid veterans. We aren't dodging any bullets.

3. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

3,484 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    McCarthy, was a needed "breath of fresh air" over Garrett. Having said that, I am glad this team brought in Quinn; and Moore needs to step it up on the play calling. McCarthy, seems like an older, heavier Garrett. Nothing but a figure on the sidelines, picking up a paycheck. I hope that he proves me wrong this year. Mr. Jones, could pull any poster's name out of a hat, and pay us to stand on the sideline and give comments when called for, at press conferences.

4. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,556 Messages
    19,756 Likes Received
    A good QB can cover up a lot of trash coaching.

5. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

18,460 Messages
    16,235 Likes Received
    If I’m hiring a college coach it’s gonna be a young guy with an innovative scheme
    Not an old guy
    Now I will say his offensive system should fit TL very well
    Very similar to what he ran in college
    The other thing is I’d want to surround him with former HC guys to help him transition to the nfl and specifically on the opposite side of the ball
    To me though the most important trait in a HC is a guy that either through fear, respect or whatever, gets players to play their tails off
    Parcels, jimmy, Tomlinson all are guys who get the most out of players
    Parcells was not the GM he thought he was and he’d have been even better just letting a smart GM buy the groceries. But he could win with inferior talent

6. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

18,460 Messages
    16,235 Likes Received
    A good HC can cover up a lot of trash from a QB
    Ask Quincy Carter lol

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  7. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

4,542 Messages
    7,423 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with anything I said?

rocyaice likes this.
  8. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

4,542 Messages
    7,423 Likes Received
    Do you know what this site would be like right now if Urban was the HC and almost hired Linehan, had the strength coach incident, and signed Tebow? We would be going nuts and media circus would be absurd.

My post is about us being skeptical if he was hired and did the same. The moves he made would make me very skeptical as a fan and I believe if he keeps stacking these types of decisions up he won’t be an effective coach. If so, then yes, a bullet was dodged.

9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

44,047 Messages
    36,951 Likes Received
    Too early to tell if we dodged a bullet...we aren't even sure if we dodged a bullet with McCarthy yet.

817Gill likes this.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

44,047 Messages
    36,951 Likes Received
    It doesn't lol.....people just gotta take whatever time out of their day to talk about how bad Garret is even though he has nothing to do with it.

817Gill likes this.
  11. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,301 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    As does every successful NFL coach. Lombardi had HOF Bart Starr, Chuck Noll had HOF Bradshaw. Shula had HOF Griese and Marino, Walsh had Montana and Young. Jimmy had HOF Aikman. Marv Levy had HOF Jim Kelly. Belichick wasn't the genius he is now until he got HOF Brady. Dungy was an avg coach until he went to Indy and got Manning in his prime. Andy Reid was a guy that couldn't win the big one until he got Mahomes.

LOBO7 likes this.
  12. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Tebow was already eligible for the NFL pension.
    Three seasons is the mininum.
    Tebow played for the Broncos the 2010 & 2011 seasons, then for the Jets the 2012 season.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    atlantacowboy likes this.
  13. kuyyo_morro

kuyyo_morro Well-Known Member

808 Messages
    963 Likes Received
    Jerry learnt his lesson not to hire desperados from college like Jimmy Johnson, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban etc. They wouldnt know how to run a pro team.

14. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

11,387 Messages
    15,496 Likes Received
    Actually, he made the call to draft Lawrence. Your timeline is wrong.

15. atlantacowboy

11,387 Messages
    15,496 Likes Received
    Is this a joke post or serious stupidity?

16. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

5,259 Messages
    5,047 Likes Received
    I mean take over a team in position to draft lawrence

atlantacowboy likes this.
  17. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    From what I've read here at Cowboys Zone - many don't think Lawrence will cut the mustard. (Barring injury - I think he will.)

18. atlantacowboy

11,387 Messages
    15,496 Likes Received
    Tebow was an easy call, though he may not make the final 52. He's Urban Myers all-time favorite player. Plus. he's taking some pressure off Lawrence. Nobody is talking about the #1 overall pick since they signed Tebow. Instead, the focus is on Tebow. This may allow Lawrence to adapt to the NFL with a little less of the spotlight pressure.

Motorola likes this.
  19. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,447 Messages
    26,466 Likes Received
    That’s a low bar.

20. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,556 Messages
    19,756 Likes Received
    Lol I'd have to say that's well beyond the norm. Parcells was a hell of a coach though. The defense helped quite a bit as well.