We get what we're willing to settle for

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the discontent with this team would lead one to believe some are on the edge of leaving. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Well, get ready because Booger's Boy is getting extended because when it comes to this team, Booger gets what Booger wants and he could care less if you or I don't like it.

Are you reading the tea leaves of his radio interviews? Tell me what you see? What I see is a stronger endorsement of Garrett than when he was 3-0 and more of that "many other teams would want him". All part of the presell on the extension and he even got his son in on the action.

My point is this, everyone of us has the same decision to make, go or stay. It's that simple. But to expect things to change to suit us is folly.

Booger is not accountable and can do whatever he wants with his team, employ whomever he wants and you still have the same choice, go or stay.

If it makes you feel better, please proceed to start "Garrett's a goner" threads but also continue to ignore those tea leaves.

I have made several decisions about this team since Booger bought it. The best was to just avoid any interviews with him, any pressers, avoid as much exposure as possible because I realized what was happening. He was making himself the face of the franchise and loving that name for his stadium, Booger World.

So far, I've been able to hold out but it is getting tougher with the obsession with everything he says some have on this forum. You are aiding him in becoming that face and voice of the franchise.

I surely will not ask anyone not to start threads about him because it is also my decision to go or stay here and we all have the same right to start legal threads. But do you see what you are doing with all of this talk about him? Why not just change the name of this to the JonesZone?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's what you lived through. The suffering of being a Cowboy fan but the product is on the field. And I put that on coaching. The motivation. The preparation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
th

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
All the discontent with this team would lead one to believe some are on the edge of leaving. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Well, get ready because Booger's Boy is getting extended because when it comes to this team, Booger gets what Booger wants and he could care less if you or I don't like it.

Are you reading the tea leaves of his radio interviews? Tell me what you see? What I see is a stronger endorsement of Garrett than when he was 3-0 and more of that "many other teams would want him". All part of the presell on the extension and he even got his son in on the action.

My point is this, everyone of us has the same decision to make, go or stay. It's that simple. But to expect things to change to suit us is folly.

Booger is not accountable and can do whatever he wants with his team, employ whomever he wants and you still have the same choice, go or stay.

If it makes you feel better, please proceed to start "Garrett's a goner" threads but also continue to ignore those tea leaves.

I have made several decisions about this team since Booger bought it. The best was to just avoid any interviews with him, any pressers, avoid as much exposure as possible because I realized what was happening. He was making himself the face of the franchise and loving that name for his stadium, Booger World.

So far, I've been able to hold out but it is getting tougher with the obsession with everything he says some have on this forum. You are aiding him in becoming that face and voice of the franchise.

I surely will not ask anyone not to start threads about him because it is also my decision to go or stay here and we all have the same right to start legal threads. But do you see what you are doing with all of this talk about him? Why not just change the name of this to the JonesZone?

Despite your CLAIMS to have been a Cowboys fan, you've proven time after time that you're really aren't and probably never were. ALL of you posts are just attacks on the Cowboys. You never post ANYTHING positive about the Cowboys. Here's the very simple answer for you. Either save up all your money and then beg for more and then probably have to steal even more and when you get enough buy the Cowboys and then you can run them as you see fit OR go to the website of the team you're really a fan of.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most didn't believe the whole "jocks to socks " line. I did.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite your CLAIMS to have been a Cowboys fan, you've proven time after time that you're really aren't and probably never were. ALL of you posts are just attacks on the Cowboys. You never post ANYTHING positive about the Cowboys. Here's the very simple answer for you. Either save up all your money and then beg for more and then probably have to steal even more and when you get enough buy the Cowboys and then you can run them as you see fit OR go to the website of the team you're really a fan of.
My goodness, all those caps and the anger. You even ended that last sentence with a preposition, tsk tsk, naughty, naughty boy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not directed at you CC, you know where we stand.

But in general,
I'm really not sure why so many fans are THIS moved for entertainment they choose to follow. 3-3. Yeah, it's not super awesome, but that's life.
I had the same attitude when we only won one game in '89. We have no control.
There are much more important things that you should let irritate you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most didn't believe the whole "jocks to socks " line. I did.
I knew it was a fact. My father-in-law was his banker in Little Rock and I knew the name but not much about him and called him. He said that he's all about hands on and has always wanted to run a NFL team. I was surprised that he actually let Johnson run the football side of it while he tried to stop the bleeding but that was short lived. He bought the business to run it and will not give that up while he can work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not directed at you CC, you know where we stand.

But in general,
I'm really not sure why so many fans are THIS moved for entertainment they choose to follow. 3-3. Yeah, it's not super awesome, but that's life.
I had the same attitude when we only won one game in '89. We have no control.
There are much more important things that you should let irritate you.
Agree, I decided not to let this bother me some time back but I used to be all hot and bothered by it. Somehow, my ego was entwined with the team and I took losing personally. I was an awesome person to be around if they were losing.

Reactions: G2

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew it was a fact. My father-in-law was his banker in Little Rock and I knew the name but not much about him and called him. He said that he's all about hands on and has always wanted to run a NFL team. I was supriosed that he actually let Johnson run the football side of it while he tried to stop the bleeding but that was short lived. He bought the business to run it and will not give that up while he can work.

I think the only hope is for the local press to begin asking difficult questions, and most importantly, the national sports guys to laugh out loud at him. I still believe that's the main reason we got Parcells, Jerry was shamed into the hire.

ICP

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I had the mentality to just switch to another team and root for them but it's just not in me. While the Cowboys are still my team it has gotten to the point that when they lose it's not even a real let down for me anymore because it's almost like I expect it. I also refuse to buy any type of merchandise or go to any games (I live in California so thats not too difficult) until it at least looks to me like this team is serious about winning. I honestly don't expect anything to change until Jerry is out of the picture and maybe not even then depending on how much Stephen is like his Dad.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
True, we have an option to not support the team and longer, but I don't expect things to change to fit me. I simply have opinions I share in discussions. I have no desire to boycott the team in any way, shape or form as retaliation for the team not doing what I wish for them to do. If I ever get to the point I am bored with the team/sport then I'll walk away just like I have done with NBA and College Basketball. That sport will continue to prosper and I'll have done something more entertaining with my time for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes I wish I had the mentality to just switch to another team and root for them but it's just not in me. While the Cowboys are still my team it has gotten to the point that when they lose it's not even a real let down for me anymore because it's almost like I expect it. I also refuse to buy any type of merchandise or go to any games (I live in California so thats not too difficult) until it at least looks to me like this team is serious about winning. I honestly don't expect anything to change until Jerry is out of the picture and maybe not even then depending on how much Stephen is like his Dad.
You have many that feel as you do. It's like having a significant other that treats you wrong but you just can't quit them.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It certainly hasn't been very easy to be a Cowboys' fan the last several years. Sometimes I feel like the boys are my kids. They do stupid things, and, at times you are very disappointed with some of the things they do, but, regardless, you still love them because they're your kids!! :)

Praxit

Reaction score
..CC is probably 100% more fan than most us here. Why endorse yer time and effort with thousands of posts, if yer not a fan? He just gives wider perspective views. If you want we're going to super bowl thread, write one yerself. ;)..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..CC is probably 100% more fan than most us here. Why endorse yer time and effort with thousands of posts, if yer not a fan? He just gives wider perspective views. If you want we're going to super bowl thread, write one yerself. ;)..
Thanks Praxy, but this poster has had it in for me for some time and I suspect our paths might have crossed at another forum at an earlier time and he is welcome to his opinions as well. Still don't think he should have ended that sentence with a preposition.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It certainly hasn't been very easy to be a Cowboys' fan the last several years. Sometimes I feel like the boys are my kids. They do stupid things, and, at times you are very disappointed with some of the things they do, but, regardless, you still love them because they're your kids!! :)
And someone better not trash my unruly kids unless they're family.

CB61

Reaction score

Could not have said it better myself

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I used to make a 2,600 mile round trip to see the Cowboys at home every season, sometimes twice. My last such trip was in 2013.

Merchandise? I don't need anymore hats or jerseys. All Jerry's getting out of me is eyeballs on a TV set and this board.

The next Cowboys hat or shirt I'll buy will say "Super Bowl Champions" on it. At this rate, that means I won't be buying any more stuff.