We get what we're willing to settle for

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
th

"Most valuable sports franchise in the world. I'm winning. I'm #1. How about you?"

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All the discontent with this team would lead one to believe some are on the edge of leaving. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Well, get ready because Booger's Boy is getting extended because when it comes to this team, Booger gets what Booger wants and he could care less if you or I don't like it.

Are you reading the tea leaves of his radio interviews? Tell me what you see? What I see is a stronger endorsement of Garrett than when he was 3-0 and more of that "many other teams would want him". All part of the presell on the extension and he even got his son in on the action.

My point is this, everyone of us has the same decision to make, go or stay. It's that simple. But to expect things to change to suit us is folly.

Booger is not accountable and can do whatever he wants with his team, employ whomever he wants and you still have the same choice, go or stay.

If it makes you feel better, please proceed to start "Garrett's a goner" threads but also continue to ignore those tea leaves.

I have made several decisions about this team since Booger bought it. The best was to just avoid any interviews with him, any pressers, avoid as much exposure as possible because I realized what was happening. He was making himself the face of the franchise and loving that name for his stadium, Booger World.

So far, I've been able to hold out but it is getting tougher with the obsession with everything he says some have on this forum. You are aiding him in becoming that face and voice of the franchise.

I surely will not ask anyone not to start threads about him because it is also my decision to go or stay here and we all have the same right to start legal threads. But do you see what you are doing with all of this talk about him? Why not just change the name of this to the JonesZone?

Could a bad loss to the Eagles push Garrett out?

I think it's possible. Certainly that will be the talk after such a game.

GenoT

Reaction score
I’m willing to settle for a Super Bowl win...does that count?

:);):confused::p:D:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to suffer from this as well. Made a conscience decision a few years back to, not be emotionally invested anymore. While I do fall short on that, I don't let affect others around me anymore..lol. I miss the glory days as much as anyone but, I'll have to see it to believe, it can happen again.

I don't remember the last season I missed more than a game. Though today, if I were to miss one, I'd just dvr it. The only season since the 70's, I've missed significant games was the 1989 season. I was in boot camp for most of the season...lol.

Otis still kickin..? :cool:
Yep, Otis is always ready.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could a bad loss to the Eagles push Garrett out?

I think it's possible. Certainly that will be the talk after such a game.
There will definitely be more Garrett talk after this game. Either he's done or he bought himself another couple of weeks. Some of these talking heads have gone so far down the path they can't back out. It will be like Marshall Faulk and Romo, "just wait, he'll screw it up".

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Since week 1 and even now the Cowboys have been on top in their division. Gee I'm sorry that the NFL doesn't proclaim final standings after week 6 but then if they did I guess that wouldn't work for you either being on top.
Yeah. On top until Sunday night when the e-girls bend them over and have their way with them. Those first three games were fool's gold and we are now seeing their true nature revealed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There will definitely be more Garrett talk after this game. Either he's done or he bought himself another couple of weeks. Some of these talking heads have gone so far down the path they can't back out. It will be like Marshall Faulk and Romo, "just wait, he'll screw it up".
JG gets a lot of bad press but when they were winning then no one says much about him. I think he has hit his ceiling as a HC and won’t get the team any further than he has unless the players are just that good and can execute these conservative plays in big games because this whole staff gets out coached. With the team we have had some years if we had a bellycheat or other great HC then we get further. Needs to be a staff change.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Coach is a Humorist. He’s aligned with Homers and Critics depending on the subject. He calls it like he sees it from often a sarcastic perspective but realistic. He offers up a very insightful and entertaining spin which is often spot on.

Anyone who can still find the strength to follow and or support the Cowboys thru this dysfunctional frustrating era needs a humorist sarcasm or apathetic mentality to keep from jumping off the cliff or storming Jerry-world with demolition crew.

If you will is that easily distracted and swayed that you can't accept what happens then I suggest you become a fan of something you can have a real direct impact on. No the Cowboys haven't won or even gone to a Super Bowl in a couple of decades but at no time have I ever thought for even a split second of not being a Cowboys fan and supporting this team. Now I understand there are some that are only real fans when they are winning and then when that doesn't happen they start thinking about doing things, but don't question those of us that continue to support this team. Supporting this team even in bad times in NO WAY means that we don't want and hope for the Cowboys to win Super Bowls.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
This calls for the first verse of Needing/Getting

I've been waiting for months, waiting for years, waiting for you to change.
Aw, but there ain't much that's dumber, there ain't much that's dumber
than pinning your hopes on a change in another.
And I, yeah I still need you, but what good's that gonna do?
Needing is one thing, and getting, getting's another.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah. On top until Sunday night when the e-girls bend them over and have their way with them. Those first three games were fool's gold and we are now seeing their true nature revealed.

Isn't this enlightening that you have already given the Cowboys a loss Sunday night. I see that you're such a big fan but I just can't figure out for what team. Can't be the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you will is that easily distracted and swayed that you can't accept what happens then I suggest you become a fan of something you can have a real direct impact on. No the Cowboys haven't won or even gone to a Super Bowl in a couple of decades but at no time have I ever thought for even a split second of not being a Cowboys fan and supporting this team. Now I understand there are some that are only real fans when they are winning and then when that doesn't happen they start thinking about doing things, but don't question those of us that continue to support this team. Supporting this team even in bad times in NO WAY means that we don't want and hope for the Cowboys to win Super Bowls.
Are you even capable of grasping Cowboy fans who support the team but are critical of many different aspects and have become apathetic?

Leaving the local team in your backyard isn’t an option but calling them out and making fun of them is fun and helps ease the pain. It’s like a standup comedian taking a shot at themselves .

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Are you even capable of grasping Cowboy fans who support the team but are critical of many different aspects and have become apathetic?

Leaving the local team in your backyard isn’t an option but calling them out and making fun of them is fun and helps ease the pain. It’s like a standup comedian taking a shot at themselves .

Then if you want to have fun be a comedian and poke fun at yourself. I never hear a fan say it's fun poking fun at whatever they are a fan of. It's great fun poking fun of whoever the Cowboys play, but it's sick to think it's FUN to poke fun at something your claim to be a fan off. There is a name for "fans" who turn critical and that fair weather fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then if you want to have fun be a comedian and poke fun at yourself. I never hear a fan say it's fun poking fun at whatever they are a fan of. It's great fun poking fun of whoever the Cowboys play, but it's sick to think it's FUN to poke fun at something your claim to be a fan off. There is a name for "fans" who turn critical and that fair weather fans.
Then you should get out more . Lol

And it’s typical response attempting to discredit a fan with personal insults when you don’t like the message.

Obviously you can’t grasp definition of critic.

cern

Reaction score
This is a rather pedantic point of view. Friends joke around with eachother. I personally like smart ***** as opposed to the dumb variety.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Then you should get out more . Lol

And it’s typical response attempting to discredit a fan with personal insults when you don’t like the message.

Obviously you can’t grasp definition of critic.

That's funny seeing I sit at happy hour so often and have great discussions with me as the only Cowboys fan and the rest packer fans. Funny that i never hear those packer fans making fun of their team. I guess it's just fun for fair weather Cowboys fans to poke fun at the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's funny seeing I sit at happy hour so often and have great discussions with me as the only Cowboys fan and the rest packer fans. Funny that i never hear those packer fans making fun of their team. I guess it's just fun for fair weather Cowboys fans to poke fun at the Cowboys.
You should sit at a bar here in Dallas.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This is a rather pedantic point of view. Friends joke around with eachother. I personally like smart ***** as opposed to the dumb variety.

Cern how you been? Yes I joke around with my friends but that's when it's face to face or an email back and forth but it never is poking fun at the Cowboys. Do you know every user here and know when they are poking fun or are just being negative about the Cowboys?