We get what we're willing to settle for

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OMG. Is someone being negative about our Cowboys. Lol

No Cowboys football for you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to move back to Plano but it's not going to happen anytime soon.
I’m not sure where you hung out but Jerry is the most criticized sports figure in Dallas. He’s a punchline to everything Cowboys.

In our Glory years we had the bragging rights. Unfortunately in this era we’ve become the laughing stock. Have to toughen up your skin. It’s a different mentality when you’re not a championship caliber franchise.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’m not sure where you hung out but Jerry is the most criticized sports figure in Dallas. He’s a punchline to everything Cowboys.

In our Glory years we had the bragging rights. Unfortunately in this era we’ve become the laughing stock. Have to toughen up your skin. It’s a different mentality when you’re not a championship caliber franchise.

All you've said is now there's a bunch of fair weather fans. Only happy when they are winning. Don't have the perseverance to stay strong when they aren't winning. Whether you want to believe it or not there are Cowboys fans that are fans whether they win or lose. WE all want and hope they do win but we continue to be fans if they don't.

ksadler1

Reaction score
All the discontent with this team would lead one to believe some are on the edge of leaving. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Well, get ready because Booger's Boy is getting extended because when it comes to this team, Booger gets what Booger wants and he could care less if you or I don't like it.

Are you reading the tea leaves of his radio interviews? Tell me what you see? What I see is a stronger endorsement of Garrett than when he was 3-0 and more of that "many other teams would want him". All part of the presell on the extension and he even got his son in on the action.

My point is this, everyone of us has the same decision to make, go or stay. It's that simple. But to expect things to change to suit us is folly.

Booger is not accountable and can do whatever he wants with his team, employ whomever he wants and you still have the same choice, go or stay.

If it makes you feel better, please proceed to start "Garrett's a goner" threads but also continue to ignore those tea leaves.

I have made several decisions about this team since Booger bought it. The best was to just avoid any interviews with him, any pressers, avoid as much exposure as possible because I realized what was happening. He was making himself the face of the franchise and loving that name for his stadium, Booger World.

So far, I've been able to hold out but it is getting tougher with the obsession with everything he says some have on this forum. You are aiding him in becoming that face and voice of the franchise.

I surely will not ask anyone not to start threads about him because it is also my decision to go or stay here and we all have the same right to start legal threads. But do you see what you are doing with all of this talk about him? Why not just change the name of this to the JonesZone?

I'll do exactly what l did right after Jones bought this team and we went 1-15. I'll keep up with the record of the team but l won't watch their games or buy their merchandise until they put something on the field worth wasting 3 hours of my day watching.

I will always be a Cowboys fan, but as l've gotten older l find that there are more important things in life than football. I'll live if the NFL goes away. Don't even get me started on the officiating corruption. I mean why watch anyway when the refs are deciding the games?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All you've said is now there's a bunch of fair weather fans. Only happy when they are winning. Don't have the perseverance to stay strong when they aren't winning. Whether you want to believe it or not there are Cowboys fans that are fans whether they win or lose. WE all want and hope they do win but we continue to be fans if they don't.
We are all fans and conduct in our own manner. Some are cheerleaders, some critics .Winning just makes it more fun.

If you’re happy with losing. Knock yourself out but don’t expect us all to align with you. I’m complaining all the way to the bank. And poking fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Despite your CLAIMS to have been a Cowboys fan, you've proven time after time that you're really aren't and probably never were. ALL of you posts are just attacks on the Cowboys. You never post ANYTHING positive about the Cowboys. Here's the very simple answer for you. Either save up all your money and then beg for more and then probably have to steal even more and when you get enough buy the Cowboys and then you can run them as you see fit OR go to the website of the team you're really a fan of.
You don't know crap about CC, so your uninformed opinion means nothing. I've known him several years, and it's Jerry he dislikes, not the team, and he's far from alone in that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
license only to shoot varmints, not be one. and mucophagy is no laughing matter. I would think one of your education would be more sensitive to the mucophagous individuals among us. no matter how disgusting it looks.
I don't think he was ever caught eating one, just digging them out. I can't say what happened once the camera panned away, but he's got enough money to pay someone else to eat them.

cern

Reaction score
Cern how you been? Yes I joke around with my friends but that's when it's face to face or an email back and forth but it never is poking fun at the Cowboys. Do you know every user here and know when they are poking fun or are just being negative about the Cowboys?
I've been well. People need to vent. Sometimes vitriolically, sometimes humorously. When one of my buddies misses a shot at a dove or quail, I've been known to rag on them relentlessly. The bigger the bird, the worse the trash talk.

cern

Reaction score
I don't think he was ever caught eating one, just digging them out. I can't say what happened once the camera panned away, but he's got enough money to pay someone else to eat them.
The pickin' and a grinnin' is bad enough.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I hate saying this, but I'm not even excited for the game tomorrow. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan, I'm just not excited at all. I'll watch it of course. This is even the first time all week I've been on here. If Dallas loses this team has lost 4 in a row and it's a disaster. We will hear the injury excuses and how Jerry backs Garrett. If Dallas wins then Garrett is off the hot seat for awhile. Let's say this team rebounds and wins the NFC East. They will go no furthur than the Divisional Round and that'll get Garrett an extension. Jason Garrett is the #1 problem. The 31-3 and 21-3 starts the last two weeks are proof. He has to go. He can never get a team ready to play. He makes adjustments way too late in the games. He is so cocky that "we will do what we do" and will run the ball into the ground. I really do think he is sabotaging this offense like he did with Wade in 2010. I can't get excited about this team anymore. I love em, but they'll just fool you in the end. 2019 was an important year for the Cowboys. #1 reason was Garrett is in the final year of his contract.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We are all fans and conduct in our own manner. Some are cheerleaders, some critics .Winning just makes it more fun.

If you’re happy with losing. Knock yourself out but don’t expect us all to align with you. I’m complaining all the way to the bank. And poking fun.

AGAIN nobody is happy about losing, the difference is fair weather fans start being critics when the team lose and real fans don't. Fair weather fans always find something to whine about real fans don't. Actually real fans want the Cowboys to win more than fair weather fans do and support their team regardless of the outcome.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You don't know crap about CC, so your uninformed opinion means nothing. I've known him several years, and it's Jerry he dislikes, not the team, and he's far from alone in that.

If you read ALL of the older posts and instead just picking one you would have found that coach and I have come to a new understanding.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I've been well. People need to vent. Sometimes vitriolically, sometimes humorously. When one of my buddies misses a shot at a dove or quail, I've been known to rag on them relentlessly. The bigger the bird, the worse the trash talk.

That's understandable your riding is on your friend. But some users aren't poking fun at other users but the Cowboys. That would be like if one of your friends misses a shot on a quail and you poke fun at the quail and not your friend. I don't get how poking fun at the Cowboys is anything but poking fun at the Cowboys which makes me question if that person is actually really a Cowboys fan or not.

Flamma

Reaction score
All the discontent with this team would lead one to believe some are on the edge of leaving. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Well, get ready because Booger's Boy is getting extended because when it comes to this team, Booger gets what Booger wants and he could care less if you or I don't like it.

Are you reading the tea leaves of his radio interviews? Tell me what you see? What I see is a stronger endorsement of Garrett than when he was 3-0 and more of that "many other teams would want him". All part of the presell on the extension and he even got his son in on the action.

My point is this, everyone of us has the same decision to make, go or stay. It's that simple. But to expect things to change to suit us is folly.

Booger is not accountable and can do whatever he wants with his team, employ whomever he wants and you still have the same choice, go or stay.

If it makes you feel better, please proceed to start "Garrett's a goner" threads but also continue to ignore those tea leaves.

I have made several decisions about this team since Booger bought it. The best was to just avoid any interviews with him, any pressers, avoid as much exposure as possible because I realized what was happening. He was making himself the face of the franchise and loving that name for his stadium, Booger World.

So far, I've been able to hold out but it is getting tougher with the obsession with everything he says some have on this forum. You are aiding him in becoming that face and voice of the franchise.

I surely will not ask anyone not to start threads about him because it is also my decision to go or stay here and we all have the same right to start legal threads. But do you see what you are doing with all of this talk about him? Why not just change the name of this to the JonesZone?

What tea leaves?

If you're going to ask an owner if Garrett's job is on the line in this upcoming game, you're always going to get the same answer.

If you're going to ask the owner about the future of his current coach you're going to get the same answer.

I'm not saying those were the questions asked, just questions similar. If you're going to ask those questions don't be dumb enough to expect an honest answer.

It's like when they ask a prominent couple how their marriage is doing. Yeah things are great. Two weeks later they're divorced.

There are no tea leaves. It still comes down to winning and losing. I think the 2014 season followed by the 2016 season saved Garrett's job. I think Jerry gave him a pass on 2015. I'll admit I'll give him a small pass. Because that Cowboys team should have won more than 4 games.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you read ALL of the older posts and instead just picking one you would have found that coach and I have come to a new understanding.
I replied to the first one in the thread. I'm glad you've come to an understanding, because CC is one of the best posters and best people here, and anyone who doesn't see that is missing out on some good stuff. ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
AGAIN nobody is happy about losing, the difference is fair weather fans start being critics when the team lose and real fans don't. Fair weather fans always find something to whine about real fans don't. Actually real fans want the Cowboys to win more than fair weather fans do and support their team regardless of the outcome.
LMAO

At what point do Homers offer criticism ? If you don’t then that’s not a fan I’m interested in. That sounds more like a parent:)

For some reason you’re conflicted with support equals huggin hiney. I offered criticism when we were winning Super Bowls too.

Fair weather fans are those who don’t follow or watch the team when their not winning not fans who offer criticism. I haven’t missed a game since at least 1964.

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score

Everything that has a beginning, has an end. The Cowboys are not about being an elite franchise on the field of play anymore. They about about one man's ego.

People must be ok with that. Because the Cowboys still keep making a ton of cash.

I agree. Disappointing. But there it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everything that has a beginning, has an end. The Cowboys are not about being an elite franchise on the field of play anymore. They about about one man's ego.

People must be ok with that. Because the Cowboys still keep making a ton of cash.

I agree. Disappointing. But there it is.
It’s like we still support or love our country while we don’t always support its leadership or policies.

We can still justify supporting the players in the trenches while despising their leader. The Cowboys are our local franchise which represent our community, city and state. Jerry is just a temporary key holder.

basilhayden

Reaction score
th

Don't spend a dime on the franchise if at all possible, and he will change his tune.
Unfortunately there are too many casual fans that don't care.