We have a shot to win the Super Bowl this year, even if we start 0-2

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MichiganCowboyFan, Sep 7, 2021.

1. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    These first 2 weeks will be about evaluating (a) the ceilings of our offense, and (b) the potential of our defense. I believe the defense will be good if not great by the second half of the season, getting tons of picks, sacks, and stops. But early on the defense will most likely look like trash for the most part, since there are a lot of new parts to put together, even if they are mostly good parts. So I expect them to struggle on the road against 2 of the league's top 5 offenses in the Bucs and Chargers.

The main thing is that Dak and our offense need to prove that they can keep up. If true, then once our defense gets it together, we can start playing Seattle 2012 ball and blow other teams out of the stadiums in the second half of the season and seriously compete for a Super Bowl this year.

Starting 0-2 is NOT a death knell and has never been, and that fact is even more true in a 17 game regular season.

The Cowboys will be FINE this year as long as our offense succeeds in the first 2 weeks, regardless of whether we are 0-2 or 1-1. DO NOT PANIC. Our defense will only continue to steadily improve and jell as the season rolls forward. We have the chance to win every other game on our schedule this year, with the KC and NE road games least likely, but other than that it's a mostly favorable schedule for us this year, and don't you guys dare forget that we're the only team in the division with an elite (or even NFL average) starting quarterback on the roster.

2. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    It's true.

817Gill likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

26,004 Messages
    52,224 Likes Received
    I'm not going to panic if Dallas starts 0-2 or 1-1 because I don't think "Super Bowl" is a realistic goal for the 2021 Cowboys. Looks more like a 9-8 team to me.

4. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

6,038 Messages
    10,454 Likes Received
    I think we start 0-2 then end up 3-2.

817Gill likes this.
  5. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

986 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    what about 0 - 5?

6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

52,826 Messages
    58,831 Likes Received
    What about 5-0?

7. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

7,594 Messages
    12,133 Likes Received
    I think we start out 0-2

but i also think we win the next 4 to be 4-2

the rest of the season depends on health they can be 2-9 or 9-2 the rest of the way

8. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I think losses at NE and KC and we can honestly win the rest of the schedule. Normally I'd say division games would be competitive because they're division games, but the rest of the division just stinks... especially at QB and HCs, the most important parts of the team. And Dak as a starter has always had a strong record against division rivals, even when the division was better for instance in 2016 and in 2018.

Furboy likes this.
  9. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    That would mean that we would have just lost 3 in a row at home, against the Eagles, Panthers, and Giants, none of which have an even average quarterback.

Only way that happens is if Dak goes down again.

10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

38,985 Messages
    26,064 Likes Received
    Cowboys need to win one of these games

11. fredp22

fredp22 Well-Known Member

1,198 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    so this isnt a "Must Win"?
    if thats true it would break the 24 "Must Win" game streak we're on. Couple weeks ago we even had a "Must Win" preseason post

Furboy, Boyzmamacita and Jake like this.
  12. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

13,902 Messages
    6,915 Likes Received
    I will let you know my thoughts after I see our defense play. We could be 0-2 and have a shot or 0-2 and being saying - oh boy - here we go again!

Jake likes this.
  13. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

13,617 Messages
    18,870 Likes Received
    I think we beat Tampa. Lose to the Chargers after a week of us hearing we are Superbowl bound. Then we go undefeated until our bye. All contingent on health.

14. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

6,577 Messages
    8,663 Likes Received
    The Cowboys PR really is something else. Every year this hapless team manages to get people believing that they are ready to compete for a SB.

15. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

26,004 Messages
    52,224 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Air Force One and jnday like this.
  16. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    3,548 Likes Received
    You live in a dream world.

jnday likes this.
  17. MikeB80

MikeB80 Well-Known Member

6,545 Messages
    7,093 Likes Received
    I'm sorry did you say the first two weeks are about evaluation?

Umm no. They are about winning. The past 7 months have been about evaluation.

and if you watched Hard Knocks tonight you will see Gm Jerry is sharp as a tack and has the organization running on all cylinders.

18. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    well, they called my Eagles fan half brother an idiot for saying the Eagles would win the Super Bowl in 2017-18. That the QB was too young, Doug Pederson was unqualified, the offensive line was too old, the defensive line was overpaid, and the secondary and receivers were terrible.

19. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

15,483 Messages
    14,862 Likes Received
    I think this has Zeek type legs

20. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

7,369 Messages
    8,842 Likes Received
    Parsons is going to win our first two games by himself. He'll end up with 9 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, four interceptions, and 26 six tackles in those first two games. And the media will start to refer to him as "The Big Bang."

Praxit likes this.