We have a shot to win the Super Bowl this year, even if we start 0-2

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
These first 2 weeks will be about evaluating (a) the ceilings of our offense, and (b) the potential of our defense. I believe the defense will be good if not great by the second half of the season, getting tons of picks, sacks, and stops. But early on the defense will most likely look like trash for the most part, since there are a lot of new parts to put together, even if they are mostly good parts. So I expect them to struggle on the road against 2 of the league's top 5 offenses in the Bucs and Chargers.

The main thing is that Dak and our offense need to prove that they can keep up. If true, then once our defense gets it together, we can start playing Seattle 2012 ball and blow other teams out of the stadiums in the second half of the season and seriously compete for a Super Bowl this year.

Starting 0-2 is NOT a death knell and has never been, and that fact is even more true in a 17 game regular season.

The Cowboys will be FINE this year as long as our offense succeeds in the first 2 weeks, regardless of whether we are 0-2 or 1-1. DO NOT PANIC. Our defense will only continue to steadily improve and jell as the season rolls forward. We have the chance to win every other game on our schedule this year, with the KC and NE road games least likely, but other than that it's a mostly favorable schedule for us this year, and don't you guys dare forget that we're the only team in the division with an elite (or even NFL average) starting quarterback on the roster.

I think we were the first team to win the SB after going 0-2, if I"m not mistaken. That said I think we at least start 1-1.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not to suggest a Super Bowl win isn't in this team's "Playbook of Excellence" but I don't think our players have read it yet. :omg:

Last edited:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Okay. There is a lot of middle ground between last seasons injury hit, 3rd in a bad division, 6-10 team and a team that wins the super bowl.

Surely the sane thing to look for here is obvious signs of growth.

How about maybe we play better, stay healthy, win the division with, say a 10-7 record. We can have a good season without ever being in the super bowl conversation.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
It's true.
Ways to cope with someone who has delusions
  1. Pay attention to the emotions of the person.
  2. Discuss the way you see the delusion.
  3. Express that you are concerned about the person.
  4. Offer to pursue therapy together but be strategic.
  5. Ask the person why they believe as they do and be open-minded.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Parsons is going to win our first two games by himself. He'll end up with 9 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, four interceptions, and 26 six tackles in those first two games. And the media will start to refer to him as "The Big Bang."
I think that'd be a fantastic first season and that statline for the whole season is not out of the question. of course he'll get 100+ combined tackles

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sorry to inform you that the Super Bowl scheduled this year has already been played. If we are to win the next Super Bowl, it will be played in 2022. :D

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry but the undoing of this team is gonna be the soft underbelly - both O line and D-line are weak in the middle.

Shane612

Reaction score
Technically, every 0-2 team will still have a shot at the super bowl.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Team looks good, just slightly outmatched against a better team right now, but we'd be ahead if Zuerlein was any good.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
The final five game stretch is the easier part of the schedule. They could go in there with 5 or 6 wins and walk out a playoff team. Of course I hope it doesn’t come to that.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
What am I missing? Why are so many predicting us losing to the Chargers??

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Not going to win Super Bowl throwing it 60 times a game
yes we will. That is our key to success. Throw, throw, and air it out some more. This running game stinks. Our OTs are healthy, might as well use them. Our strength is our 3 pro bowl caliber WRs. Treat Dak like he's Aaron Rodgers