We have really been marginal for awhile

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Although most of us do not want to admit it..under Garrett we have been much more average than not.

If you look at our recent history, us making the playoffs has revolved around Philly collapsing at seasons end..

:thumbdown:

and we ran them down playing just marginally better to take the Eastern Division twice.

I will start with 2014. DeMarco Murray, Dez and Romo took it to another level. The Eagled faltered as the season ended as did the Giants. We lost to GB in the playoffs.

2015 was just a complete washout with Romo injured and no players stepped up to lead.

Take 2016, the year of Dak and Zeke's arrival. We battled the Eagles all year and finally won as the Eagles lost several games at the end.

We lost in the first Rd against the Packers after going 13-3 and having won home field.

Everybody wanted to celebrate Dak being down by 20+ points and still making it close in the end.

:popcorn:

This set a pattern in motion that has not left. Falling behind early, needing to throw the ball to catchup..

and needing the defense to shut out the opponent to get back in the game.

Not to mention other teams playing prevent defenses to kill clock time in order to win.

In 2017, we had Zeke suspended, Dak could not overcome it and the Eagles went on to finish strong and actually win a SB at our expense.

In 2018..the Eagles faltered at the end of the season again and we won the division despite starting the season 3-5 but did so winning very close games in the last half of the season.

:starspin:

In 2019..the roof fell in after going 3-0 to start and nothing could stop us from losing the close games that popped up every week and we missed the playoffs..

It's now clear we are in a death match with the Eagles who are our measuring stick. The rest of the league is out of reach it seems. We do not beat them under Garrett.

Now we all are questioning if we really are talented as a team loaded with potential..

or

are we just mis-lead and waiting for inspirational leadership to succeed?

Is it the coaches, the players or the owner/GM and his nepotism how he runs things at fault?

Which course we buy into is going to have to be the defining direction for the immediate future starting now.

So which is it? :mad:

Are we good and needing only a tweak or two to get over the bumps and are we really that talented?

Or

Are we only marginally better than the other teams and in need of a reality check from our next coach and needing more than just a facelift at HC?

I have tried to ask this in a broad way to leave room for all answers. As a think tank we are pretty good.

What do you see and feel?

Comments?

Last edited:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Although most of us do not want to admit it..under Garrett we have been much more average than not.

If you look at our recent history, us making the playoffs has revolved around Philly collapsing at seasons end..

and we ran them down playing just marginally better to take the Eastern Division twice.

I will start with 2014. DeMarco Murray, Dez and Romo took it to another level. The Eagled faltered as the season ended as did the Giants. We lost to GB in the playoffs.

2015 was just a complete washout with Romo injured and no players stepped up to lead.

Take 2016, the year of Dak and Zeke's arrival. We battled the Eagles all year and finally won as the Eagles lost several games at the end.

We lost in the first Rd against the Packers after going 13-3 and having won home field.

Everybody wanted to celebrate Dak being down by 20+ points and still making it close in the end.

This set a pattern in motion that has not left. Falling behind early, needing to throw the ball to catchup..

and needing the defense to shut out the opponent to get back in the game.

Not to mention other teams playing prevent defenses to kill clock time in order to win.

In 2017, we had Zeke suspended, Dak could not overcome it and the Eagles went on to finish strong and actually win a SB at our expense.

In 2018..the Eagles faltered at the end of the season again and we won the division despite starting the season 3-5 but did so winning very close games in the last half of the season.

:starspin:

In 2019..the roof fell in after going 3-0 to start and nothing could stop us from losing the close games that popped up every week and we missed the playoffs..

Now we all are questioning if we really are talented as a team loaded with potential..

or

are we just mis-lead and waiting for inspirational leadership to succeed?

Which course we buy into is going to have to be the defining direction for the immediate future starting now.

So which is it? :mad:

Are we good and needing only a tweak or two to get over the bumps and are we really that talented?

Or

Are we only marginally better than the other teams and in need of a reality check from our next coach and needing more than just a facelift at HC?

I have tried to ask this in a broad way to leave room for all answers. As a think tank we are pretty good.

What do you see and feel?

Comments?

definitely needed a new thread for this

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
definitely needed a new thread for this
Just trying to get a summary from us in a thread.

We all have our gut check thoughts.

I like skipping thru the threads..

but I get bits and pieces only that I have to weigh while working thru the threads.

That's alot of work, bro.

Just asking for the Cliff Notes version. Do people today even know what that is?

I'm old and grouchy.

And getting more every day.

:omg:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Time to clean house and get this on track. JJ is going to have to give a new HC a real chance with some real power.

Flamma

Reaction score

This set a pattern in motion that has not left.

Interesting that you brought up these seasons. 2014 and 2016 accomplished two things. 2014 saved Garret's job and 2016 solidified Dak's job as QB. The first mistake is about to be remedied. The latter is still up in the air, so to speak.

Creeper

Reaction score
The 2013 team was a really good team that lost to the Packers on a phenomenal play by Rodgers, and a really bad rule/call by the refs. The Packers lost to the Falcons who went to the Superbowl. I would not downplay how good that team was because of that loss to the Packers.

TheHerd

Reaction score
That is not an either/or answer. We have average NFL talent AND crap coaching and a crap FO.

A great coach may get us closer. But let's stop deluding ourselves that this team is stacked. We have some solid players and very few playmakers. Though we pay our own as if they are difference makers.

Garrett is a very bad game manager. And our schemes are an embarrassment.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Interesting that you brought up these seasons. 2014 and 2016 accomplished two things. 2014 saved Garret's job and 2016 solidified Dak's job as QB. The first mistake is about to be remedied. The latter is still up in the air, so to speak.
I know.

Jerrah does not let logic into the formula for change.

He is always about his money.

jsb357

Reaction score
rust.jpg