We have the chance to pick the best defensive player in the draft

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
All you are is a bunch of winers on this forum. Complain why we didn’t sign this guy or why we signed this guy.

jnday

Reaction score
Buddy, you haven't done your research of you think Parsons is JS. They are complete opposites. No wonder you dont like him.
I am much more concerned about Parson’s diva attitude than any comparison with Jaylon. It seems like several teams have concerns about his attitude. The culture in Dallas would only make his attitude a bigger problem than it already is.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
When in the entire history of the NFL draft, has a CB been ever been considered the best defensive player?

Even Derrick Thomas (LB/DE) in 1989 was selected ahead of Deion, & was arguably equal to Deion in his impact at as a player.
And Horn/Surtain ain't no Deion.

Point is, the probability that a CB at the #10 selection is the best defensive player (or even the BPA), and turns out to be the best defensive player of the draft, is virtually zero.
Yet, absent a quality trade offer, Jerry and his cronies are all but ready to make a CB the first defensive player selected in a draft -- what a joke.
If forced to remain at #10, an OL, LB, DT, Edge Rusher, & even a WR would have more draft value/impact at #10.
There is a distinct possibility of it happening in this draft.

It is very unusual. There is no LB, DT or even Edge worthy of a top 10 pick.

It just means that those positional groups were impacted by the limited talent pool.

This entire draft is weak. There are players drafted this year that wouldn't stand a chance in a regular draft crop.

jnday

Reaction score
There is a distinct possibility of it happening in this draft.

It is very unusual. There is no LB, DT or even Edge worthy of a top 10 pick.

It just means that those positional groups were impacted by the limited talent pool.

This entire draft is weak. There are players drafted this year that wouldn't stand a chance in a regular draft crop.
Do you think Surtain and Horn would have been first round picks in the recent drafts?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My mother has passed away. Stop with the mama jokes. It's 2021 folks. :facepalm:
She fat but beloved.
crying-angel-picture-id483187809

CWR

Reaction score
The same reason you are policing how people police where threads go. I'm assuming you had a reason for making that comment.

Yes the reason being I can't stand the thread police. The draft is near and moving this away from the main page will take away from the discussion. Sorry if that hurts your hallway monitor feelings.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who would have thought at #10 we have the possibility to pick the best defensive player in the draft? While it appears to be a down year for defense, we still could have the pick of the litter with it looking like offense will go with the first 9 picks. Pretty amazing.

Who’s your selection? Both tackles and Pitts are gone.

That would be the linebacker in my opinion