We have to bench Henry

Frozen700

Reaction score
seriously....not hating on the guy...i actually support him...but he cant start anymore especially not vs Washington

he does not have the speed or agility to keep up with Fast WR's...we have to give him safety help...and that will be a liability....let Jenkins or Scandrick start opposite of Newman....or if pacman gets back.....

i can see it now....3rd n 8....when we need a stop..Newman locks his man up....Slot is covered well ..and bam Henry gives up an 8 yard slant maybe even more on a missed tackle....Wade is scared to bench people or demote them...

and for some reason he always gets beat on a play action or pump fake..i hate that

links18

Reaction score
There is no chance Pacman comes back for the Skin's game. None at all. I also wouldn't expect Newman to come back off of that injury and play lights out. Its going to be another long night in DC......

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and replace him with who?

No Henry and these are our only healthy cornerbacks.

Ball
Jenkins
Scandrick
Butler - who I don't think has played in any games.

Newman and Pac may or may not be back.

Frozen700

Reaction score
links18;2399411 said:
There is no chance Pacman comes back for the Skin's game. None at all. I also wouldn't expect Newman to come back off of that injury and play lights out. Its going to be another long night in DC......

Newman is a great athlete...and wont put himself out there to get embarrassed again......

it will be a long day with Henry in there.....

if we can at least force 5... 3 n outs..with our Offense healthy....we will win

Frozen700

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399414 said:
and replace him with who?

No Henry and these are our only healthy cornerbacks.

Ball
Jenkins
Scandrick
Butler - who I don't think has played in any games.

Newman and Pac may or may not be back.

yea im saying if Newman comes back...don't bench him..im sorry..but make him third....

links18

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2399418 said:
yea im saying if Newman comes back...don't bench him..im sorry..but make him third....

Henry is a free safety at this point in his careeer, being asked to play CB, because our #1 CB is out and the phenom we brought in to shore up the secondary got himself suspended again.

dware94

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2399408 said:
seriously....not hating on the guy...i actually support him...but he cant start anymore especially not vs Washington

he does not have the speed or agility to keep up with Fast WR's...we have to give him safety help...and that will be a liability....let Jenkins or Scandrick start opposite of Newman....or if pacman gets back.....

i can see it now....3rd n 8....when we need a stop..Newman locks his man up....Slot is covered well ..and bam Henry gives up an 8 yard slant maybe even more on a missed tackle....Wade is scared to bench people or demote them...

and for some reason he always gets beat on a play action or pump fake..i hate that

I agree...Henry will not be able to keep up with Washington's WR's on those short crossing routes across the middle. Pittsburgh's DB's were able either knock the ball down, or stop the play for 3-4 yards. Henry will be chasing all day.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I was excited to get Pacman was because I thought he would be better than Henry.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2399485 said:
The only reason I was excited to get Pacman was because I thought he would be better than Henry.
Your bad. :D

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Scandrick is now the slot man, and Jenkins and TNew play the same side.

I don't see Henry getting benched...his replacement would be Scandrick, and that would mean TNew going to the slot with Jenkins coming in or leaving Scandrick in the slot with Ball starting for Henry.

I'd start Henry and TNew and play Scandrick in the slot...we're going to need Henry to stop Portis anyway.

This game isn't about our secondary...this game is about stopping the running game and getting pressure on Campbell.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He should be moved to safety over the BYE

He still has ball skills but hes lost about half a step and he can't afford to lose a step because he was a technique guy.

Move him to safety now so when Pacrat gets back our starters will be:

FS: Henry

SS: Hamlin

LCB: Newman

RCB: Jenkins - until Pacrat is back up to speed

Nickle CB: Jenkins/Scandrick

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Terence Newman700;2399418 said:

I agree.

Henry seems to have lost a step this year ..... but then again other than Ware they all do.

I would make Henry and Ellis backups or move them to FS and DE.

grogan6314

Reaction score
80% of completions are on Henry this year. He could actually be slower than our LB's. I really think Zach Thomas could beat him in a 40yd dash. Please put Ball in over Henry.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If Newman is back and they know he'll be able to start and play well then you could see Henry slide to the 3rd corner and maybe play a small amount of FS with Jenkins and Orlando holding down the corner spots.

Frozen700

Reaction score
zrinkill;2399506 said:
I agree.

Henry seems to have lost a step this year ..... but then again other than Ware they all do.

I would make Henry and Ellis backups or move them to FS and DE.

i agree....same here

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would play Washington like this.

Scandrick and Jenkins get Moss and RAndle El. Henry could play the run and spy Cooley in the nickle.

Jake0

Reaction score
no this game is about our secondary, you can't have campbell throwing those 2 yard passes on our 10 yard cushion which henry gives every damn play and getting 5-7 yards on each if not more putting them in 3rd and shorts. Portis for the most part if you don't count last game, does jack and **** vs us.

Kilyin

Reaction score
So Newman is actually going to play this year and 'lock his man up'? That's great news. That'll be a refreshing change from what he did in the last Skins game.

Smith22

Reaction score
Kilyin;2399789 said:
So Newman is actually going to play this year and 'lock his man up'? That's great news. That'll be a refreshing change from what he did in the last Skins game.

He was playing injured. People love beating a dead horse.