We must stop doing the same things with the same players- expecting different results

Blackrain

Reaction score
dont need to... Jerry's roster minus Dak is just fine. Like I said, put Joe Burrow behind our center and see what happens.
Our center will still be pushed into Joe burrows lap or whoever you put behind him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The goal every offseason is to resign our guys and sprinkle in a few rookies. There is no realistic evaluation of the team going on. Its too much work.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our center will still be pushed into Joe burrows lap or whoever you put behind him

I hope we can replace Biadez. He just doesn't play to his size, and we certainly can have him protecting a QB who gets overly focused on the rush which makes his reads slow.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lol, you guys are late. this ship has sailed years ago. this team is going nowhere. ever. The best you can do is laugh at this joke of a team and have no emotions if they win or lose. i enjoy the losses as much as the wins.

sad but that's the Cowboys. "how about them losers" cowboys

Flamma

Reaction score
This off-season is a great time to completely re-assess how this team operates and puts together a roster. What discourages me the most is this fundamentally dumb way of doing things: Keeping the same core of star players year after year, expecting different results.

What this organization needs more than “getting the band back together” is a new band!

Day after day, we see on our forum many of our fans saying we need to keep Cooper, DLaw, Zeke, Gregory, Schultz, etc, etc. And yesterday we heard Stephen Jones basically declare that this team just plans on running it back another year with the mostly the same cast, coaches, etc. Keeping all those guys has produced 1 playoff win in 7 years.

Doing the same things over and over and over and over and over….and somehow expecting different results is literally insane.

The fundamental problems with this front office:

• Believing they are just “unlucky” rather than unskilled.
  • Over-valuing their own talent.
  • Thinking they can find excellent free agents at “dumpster dive” prices.
  • Thinking the current “core” of players is critical to a SB run.
If all we want is an NFC East “title”, we are poised to “maybe” do that again.
Doing the same things over and over will keep you getting the same results.

I don't know what they're thinking, I just know they don't seem to change their SOP from year to year.

In regard to free agency and the draft, they do the same thing every year regardless of what happened in the previous season. Three out of your four bullet points are spot on. Free agency is just a result of the other 3. If you think your talent is there, and your current core is there, why would you spend a lot in FA?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This off-season is a great time to completely re-assess how this team operates and puts together a roster. What discourages me the most is this fundamentally dumb way of doing things: Keeping the same core of star players year after year, expecting different results.

What this organization needs more than “getting the band back together” is a new band!

Day after day, we see on our forum many of our fans saying we need to keep Cooper, DLaw, Zeke, Gregory, Schultz, etc, etc. And yesterday we heard Stephen Jones basically declare that this team just plans on running it back another year with the mostly the same cast, coaches, etc. Keeping all those guys has produced 1 playoff win in 7 years.

Doing the same things over and over and over and over and over….and somehow expecting different results is literally insane.

Bob, I am tired of your post making too much sense !:muttley:

Flamma

Reaction score
lol, you guys are late. this ship has sailed years ago. this team is going nowhere. ever. The best you can do is laugh at this joke of a team and have no emotions if they win or lose. i enjoy the losses as much as the wins.

sad but that's the Cowboys. "how about them losers" cowboys

I'm not sure how much I enjoy the losses, but I don't let them bother me either. It's hard to believe we haven't won a divisional playoff game in a quarter of a century. This should have happened once already as a result of dumb luck.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much I enjoy the losses, but I don't let them bother me either. It's hard to believe we haven't won a divisional playoff game in a quarter of a century. This should have happened once already as a result of dumb luck.

Nope, if Romo and Prescott weren't able to do it, it certainly wasn't going to happen with the laundry list of idiots we've had under center besides them.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So there are 5-6 teams that can win a SB? Either because they have a miracle worker QB or it’s just pure luck? History says otherwise.

Aaron Rodgers is great. He’s only won one SB. Russell Wilson special enough? One ring. Matt Stafford? Will this be his only ring? Mahomes is great, and he’s won one. Sure he’s young, but HOFer Dan Marino famously took the fins to a SB in his second year and never made another one. HOFer Steve Young only won one. Aikman played his last SB when he was 29. Why not more? Ben Roethelesberger won two rings- his last when he was 29. He’s certainly headed to the HOF. Drew Brees? Made it to one SB.

This could go on and on. If all a team needed was a great QB, more great QBs would win rings. Great teams win SBs. You need excellent QB play of course. And sure they are a few Joe Montanas and Tom Brady’s. But a HOFer isn’t required. For every Montana and Brady, there’s a Billy Kilmer, Mark Rypien, Jim Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Phil Simms, Jeff Hoestettler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles. Are any of those guys capable of carrying a team alone? No way.

Of course having a great QB is huge. But SB history shows that alone isn’t enough.

Sorry Bob, you are wrong. Ive done this time and time again. 80% of the QBs that win in the past 30 years are HOF qbs. Sure, you get a foles every 5 years or so.... thus the 20% not being HOF QBs. Rodgers only has one, Ben only has 2... yea, no kidding, and look at the other guys that were winning to keep those guys at 1... Peyton, Brady, Brees.. no kidding....lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
the interception Dak threw against the Niners that then led to a TD that cost us the game... that was not the case.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:hammer:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
FMxeMYoWYAQam1s

Stephen has great looking teeth.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Plan? There is no plan. The Cards used a top pick on Rosen.. then cut bait after 1 year to try again. Then they drafted Murray with a top pick and now they are already thinking he isnt the guy.

The Dolphins have been trying for 30 years. They had tannehill who kept getting hurt, then they went after Tua and now they have realized he aint the guy.

Unless you are gonna just keep drafting QBs, there is no plan.
Bengals got LUCKY. They drafted their QB, and he ended up looking like a guy who could actually be THE GUY.

BUT, look at the pick against the Niners in the playoff game. The WR was open, the throw was on the wrong side of the WR, ball was picked. Next play, Niners TD.... that is a QB issue, plain and simple.

Well done, lad.
Yes, that pick, followed by "The Run" with 14 seconds left by Dak broke me heart.
I felt cheated somehow.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

you have the same coaches too, although mike will be more involved with offense now , lol whatever that means.

It is sad but kinda funny to watch what they do lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
Nope, if Romo and Prescott weren't able to do it, it certainly wasn't going to happen with the laundry list of idiots we've had under center besides them.

Agreed. Something else is wrong. Say what you want about Romo and Dak, but let's not pretend Wentz and Foles are any better. Yet Philly was able to build a team that won a SB with those two. There is no doubt that their GM is better than Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
HOF caliber QB definitely makes it easier and we have seen in Cap era that they are the bedrock for remaining serious contenders with few exceptions like with generational defenses. But we’ve also seen less than HOF caliber QB win championships with great teams around them.

I must admit with our dysfunctional GM , front office and undermined coaching staff it would appear that a HOF caliber QB would definitely be a welcomed asset. Maybe that’s what we need to help mask and or overcome all of our weaknesses. Sure couldn’t hurt.

Unfortunately that’s not in the cards at this time .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on what we’ve witnessed this era I’m not sure why we’d expect this dysfunctional organization to bring it all together without some of the greatest talent at some of the key positions.

Even if we did have the greatest QB, etc our toxic culture would probably derail from more success.

This is probably about as good as it gets. And why we shouldn’t expect different results. And learn to live with the entertainment value or walk away.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agreed. Something else is wrong. Say what you want about Romo and Dak, but let's not pretend Wentz and Foles are any better. Yet Philly was able to build a team that won a SB with those two. There is no doubt that their GM is better than Jerry.
lol... and how have they done since that magical run?