We need a Safety

RoboQB

Reaction score
Couldn’t haven’t been PFF. They had Harrison Smith ranked 14th.

There is zero comparison between the two safeties. Zero.

I'm aware that Harrison Smith is one of the top Safeties in the NFL.
Which is why the PFF ranking is puzzling. There were not and are not 13 safeties in the NFL
better than Smith.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Does anyone here feel that the coaches and gm never meet at the end of the season, evaluate the roster and decide what positions need upgrading? I do not believe for 1 minute this FO and coaches have any kind of concrete plan for the off-season...they just wing it, and boy does it show. And if RM s tells Jerry we need an upgrade over Heath, Jerry gets us a better safety. We have a coaching staff who are so incompetent and just thankful for a job, they never speak up...

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm aware that Harrison Smith is one of the top Safeties in the NFL.
Which is why the PFF ranking is puzzling. There were not and are not 13 safeties in the NFL
better than Smith.
Smith might be the best FS in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
Does anyone here feel that the coaches and gm never meet at the end of the season, evaluate the roster and decide what positions need upgrading? I do not believe for 1 minute this FO and coaches have any kind of concrete plan for the off-season...they just wing it, and boy does it show. And if RM s tells Jerry we need an upgrade over Heath, Jerry gets us a better safety. We have a coaching staff who are so incompetent and just thankful for a job, they never speak up...
And then add in that when they like a player, they don't try to replace him. Heath now, and before it was Hayden.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Smith might be the best FS in the NFL.

At the very least, he's in the conversation. I agree.

It just shows that stats and rankings don't always add up and shouldn't be used
as the sole measure of any player.

kskboys

Reaction score
At the very least, he's in the conversation. I agree.

It just shows that stats and rankings don't always add up and shouldn't be used
as the sole measure of any player.
I've seen PFF give an accurate analysis, and I've seen them be way off. I doubt if you can evaluate the S position accurately through them.

For instance: You simply cannot measure the most valuable trait of a Rb, the ability to get something out of nothing. That cannot be found on paper or in any stat. I highly doubt if Emmit would've measured up on PFF.

lukin2006

Reaction score
And then add in that when they like a player, they don't try to replace him. Heath now, and before it was Hayden.

That is an excellent point. That why I am glad Swain left on his own. They were in love with him as well. He just couldn't stay healthy.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I've seen PFF give an accurate analysis, and I've seen them be way off. I doubt if you can evaluate the S position accurately through them.

For instance: You simply cannot measure the most valuable trait of a Rb, the ability to get something out of nothing. That cannot be found on paper or in any stat. I highly doubt if Emmit would've measured up on PFF.

Exactly.

Not sure if you were following my conversation in this thread.

Too many fans seem to hang on some ranking by a company called PFF.

Great point about Emmitt. Jerry Rice would be another one. The more I think of it,
the more useless it appears to be in terms of accuracy.......... when's the last time you saw that word without Dak mentioned... lol

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

You know how it goes, it's only accurate when it lines up with your own perception of a player. Zeke is the #23 ranked RB. While we should have upgraded at safety, people should be more worried about where our pass rush is coming from next season.

RoboQB

Reaction score
You know how it goes, it's only accurate when it lines up with your own perception of a player. Zeke is the #23 ranked RB. While we should have upgraded at safety, people should be more worried about where our pass rush is coming from next season.

Yep.
I think Deion once said "nobody can cover anyone for 4 seconds".
You need a pass rush.

Spot on, regarding perception. Spot on.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
According to sources, the Cowboys are talking details of a 1 year deal with this guy.

tLwRLKv.jpg

No.. seriously. Heath is trash. We desperately need a safety and all of the good possibilities are drying up.
no we need a monster pocket moving penetrating defensive tackle!