We need a Safety

RamziD

Reaction score
We'll sign a FA S and draft one. Competition is a good thing. Clearly ET wasn't up to competing. In a meritocracy world, he believes he earned it a la John Houseman and Smith Barney

:huh:

He’s been a top S every year he’s been in the league and won a super bowl. What else does he have to do to prove himself?

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Has the draft already happened? I think we will be seeing Juan Thornill this yr #58
I’d have no problem with that, although I’d really like us to take a DE first and foremost. No telling what that defensive line is gonna look like with all our losses, suspensions, etc.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I understand the cowboys like the draft to fill needs but they should have signed some insurance going into the draft so they arent pressed incase their guys arent there.

Tre Boston is someone id be interested in to go along with woods. They still have guys in the middle Shelton you could fit in your rotation for run downs he doesnt seem to have a big market.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
They love his contract, not necessarily the player.

I think they like both the contract and the player.

I think they are using him incorrectly. He's not a in the box safety IMO. When he creeps down that when things have a tendency to go wrong.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Heath is garbage. Worst tackler I have seen, not including CBs, in a long time. Always at the shoulders, always takes bad angles, always chasing. The guy sucks. Big mystery why people defend the guy.
Facts.. BIG FACTS

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
:huh:

He’s been a top S every year he’s been in the league and won a super bowl. What else does he have to do to prove himself?

What ET has done in the past is irrelevant, unless you're the Seahawks and want to thank him for it. Clearly, they didn't.

What's he going to be in the future, aging and missing games due to injury? That is what you'd be buying. Baltimore bet on 2015 ET. Good luck with that.

ICP

Reaction score
At this point I actually think the draft is our best bet

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not so sure about that. Tre Boston is both a fit and available. He doesn’t have the notoriety of Thomas, but he’s a free agent and would come at a fraction of the annual cost. He has proven experience in Gus Bradley’s single high scheme, and being only 25 yrs old, he’s still an ascending talent.

From a coverage perspective, Boston is a perfect fit. His experience and performance make him an instant starter with our Boys and would push Heath. In coverage, Boston was rated by Pro Football Focus as the NFL’s No. 9 safety last season. Heath top ranked coverage safety, came in at No. 22. Should we give Jerry a calculator?! :laugh:

I'm aware that Harrison Smith is one of the top Safeties in the NFL.
Which is why the PFF ranking is puzzling. There were not and are not 13 safeties in the NFL
better than Smith.
PFF is garbage. It's been proven many times.

PFF's purpose is to be used by people trying to win an argument.

It's a great concept to have a definitive ranking on all players but PFFs implementation is a big fail.

The put out ranking during the season in less than 24 hours and before the All-22 is available.

The man hours required to grade all players in all games would be astronomical.

PFF pays fans/bloggers to "grade" players.

They've emailed me in the past to see if I wanted to grade players for them. I think somebody that was a member at CZ was working for them and submitted my name because they were giving bonuses for recruiting people.

They don't require any professional experience like coaching or being a scout. You can grade players for them even if you never played football.

I've heard they pay $50 per player per game; although somebody else said it's $50 for 5 players.

Regardless of the exact details it's impossible to get consistent grades from hundreds of different people many of which never played or coached football.

erod

Reaction score
According to sources, the Cowboys are talking details of a 1 year deal with this guy.

tLwRLKv.jpg

No.. seriously. Heath is trash. We desperately need a safety and all of the good possibilities are drying up.
There is nobody available that is better than Jeff Heath.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
:clap:

Now I don't have to watch #38 disappoint me all over the damn field every single game.

starfan1

Reaction score
Coach Richard pick. True box safety. Yeah yeah.
Hopefully they still get a safety. Most coordinators know Iloka is an in box safety and they will just put him in pass coverage so instead of getting mad a Heath whiffing on tackles were gonna be upset with the poor pass coverage is my guess

Roy Williams part 2

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hopefully they still get a safety. Most coordinators know Iloka is an in box safety and they will just put him in pass coverage so instead of getting mad a Heath whiffing on tackles were gonna be upset with the poor pass coverage is my guess

Roy Williams part 2
Eric Berry is still out there...Pls sign him and relegate #38 back to just running wind sprints on punt & kickoff teams. Plsss

starfan1

Reaction score
Eric Berry is still out there...Pls sign him and relegate #38 back to just running wind sprints on punt & kickoff teams. Plsss
I’d be thrilled but my guess is berry wants too much money.

All this yapping from Steven during the season about signing their own a priority I think was smoke and mirrors I don’t think they have enough money to sign all the players they want to keep

That’s why they keep low balling people imo