We NEED to move up for Simmons

Beaker42

Reaction score
Needing surgery and not likely to be ready to start the season along with wanting Mack money makes it hard
And since he would have to agree that team knows they aren’t gonna have to pay retail
Yep

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Even if he miraculously fell past the late 1st early 2nd, the Browns are said to have strong interest in him according to Tony Pauline, and even met with Simmons recently. So the Cowboys would probably at least have to trade up to #48.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll take him at 58 but with limited picks already, I am not trading away picks to move up to get him (and I suspect you'd have to move into the late 30s to get him).

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'll take him at 58 but with limited picks already, I am not trading away picks to move up to get him (and I suspect you'd have to move into the late 30s to get him).
Hoping for picks for both Byron and Apollo Greed.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I could come around on taking him at 58, but in now way would I lose additional picks for another injured player in the 2nd.

I understand the potential, but it'd be nice to do everything we can to try and win now and Dak / Zeke's rookie contracts.

Fwed

Reaction score
I doubt Simmons makes it to 58...i'd be mildly surprised if he makes it to 33.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
This is the guy we need. I wonder what other assets besides draft picks we could use to trade up.

Jourdan Lewis? Hurns LOL! Taco double LOL!

Simmons sits out a year while Collins, Crawford and Heyder fight for 2 spots in 2020. See who wants it.

End up coming out of this draft with a top player despite not even having a 1st rd pick. Would be great.

Simmons 3 Tech
Hooker SS
Daylon Mack 1 tech
Backup RB
UDFA CB to groom
UDFA LB for special teams and to groom.

Would make for a good draft in my view.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If we use our later 4th rd pick we maybe able to get to pick 50 but i wouldnt consider it as we dont a 1st and 6th rd picks this year.I do think the Cowboys will go after the Dlinemen they like,after all we traded up for Dlaw.

Beaker42

Reaction score
If we use our later 4th rd pick we maybe able to get to pick 50 but i wouldnt consider it as we dont a 1st and 6th rd picks this year.I do think the Cowboys will go after the Dlinemen they like,after all we traded up for Dlaw.
Can one of y’all remember if we had D-Lawrence in for a visit or if there was even any talk of us going after him? I recall thinking “What? We moved up for THIS guy?”

reddyuta

Reaction score
Can one of y’all remember if we had D-Lawrence in for a visit or if there was even any talk of us going after him? I recall thinking “What? We moved up for THIS guy?”
I believe he was a predraft visitor.