We still need to draft a Speed WR

juck

Reaction score
TO is still fast but after he gets going.RW the same way.I will say Desean Jackson is a guy I wanted and watching his speed the other night was nice.He gets major seperation on every play.We need that to bail romo out on blitzes,cause TO is getting pressed and I honestly dont think he can beat it quick enuff anymore.Romo isnt going to have all day to wait for Crayton or TO to run a route in the future,And I could see us snagging a speedster wr in 3rd maybe.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
A young receiver that can get behind defenses? I think we have one of those.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
WE NEED A 350LB NOSE TACKLE WHO CAN EAT UP BLOCKS AND ALLOW OUR LB'S TO MAKE CLEAN TACKLES (PERIOD)

Quit screwing around.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Sammie Stroughter Scouting Report

School & Year/Status: Oregon St. - Senior
Height & Weight: 5'10 - 183 lbs.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon St.

Stroughter was believed to be a possible 1st round pick going into the 2007 season. Prior to the season he lost two very influential male role models in his life and fell into a deep depression. He was granted a medical redshirt for the season after suffering a season ending kidney injury and went through intensive counseling and returned to the team prior to the 2008 season. Early indications lead most to believe that he has not suffered physically from missing last year's season. Stroughter will continue to see his stock rise as long as he continues to be productive. He should also benefit from first year starter Shane Morales' success, so that he is not constantly double teamed. Stroughter has great speed and will at the least be a legitimate deep threat in the NFL. He also has very good skills as a punt returner. Stroughter may not be able to climb back into the first round, but with continued success he will be a first day player. Stroughter has continued his impressive comeback when he has played without injury. He has 32 receptions for 445 yards and 4 touchdowns this year for an underrated Oregon State team. Stroughter's superb ball skills and quickness all but guarantee that he will be drafted in 2009 if he stays healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj72V5WzW0

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
theogt;2413504 said:
A young receiver that can get behind defenses? I think we have one of those.

We could also use a more quick-than-fast, all-hustle, over-achieving, white guy to play the slot.....wait, we have one of those too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2413509 said:
WE NEED A 350LB NOSE TACKLE WHO CAN EAT UP BLOCKS AND ALLOW OUR LB'S TO MAKE CLEAN TACKLES (PERIOD)

Quit screwing around.
He doesn't need to be 350 pounds, but I'll take a dominant NT and move Ratliff back to DE if it helps us win.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Miles Austin IS that. And he's all we need in that department. If anything I'd like to see him take Crayton's spot as #3 as soon as we usher RW11 into the starting lineup at #2. Which I think should be now, this week. I don't care if RW knows all the playbook or not. Talent like that should be on the field with Romo now that he's back, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And we don't need to be wasting anymore picks at that position at least until TO retires.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2413607 said:
The last thing this team needs is a speed receiver. They have four of them.
More slow receivers, I say!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2413536 said:
We could also use a more quick-than-fast, all-hustle, over-achieving, white guy to play the slot.....wait, we have one of those too.

So does half of college football. This is Sundays, not Friday Night lights......

wick

Reaction score
Miles Austin is a guy who is fast if he has a long runway. In football terms, speed is almost always perceived in short-range quickness, which Austin lacks.

Reaction score
OMG you people need to quit! Miles Austin is the young speed WR, we just didn't have the QB to get him the ball.

Reaction score
Hostile;2413573 said:
He doesn't need to be 350 pounds, but I'll take a dominant NT and move Ratliff back to DE if it helps us win.

YES OMG thank you, finally someone with a valid point! DALLAS NEEDS A HUGE RUN STUFFING NT, Ratliff opposite either Canty or Spears would be tremendous for the line in my opinion. I was thinking about that last Sunday...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
wick;2413623 said:
Miles Austin is a guy who is fast if he has a long runway. In football terms, speed is almost always perceived in short-range quickness, which Austin lacks.

Agree... We have the big guys, now it would be nice to have a Eddie Royal/Donnie Avery type guy.

That's still very far from a high priority, though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2413509 said:

Quit screwing around.

Agreed. We need a bigger, tougher, middle of the line clogging NT.

Nors;2413526 said:
Sammie Stroughter Scouting Report

School & Year/Status: Oregon St. - Senior
Height & Weight: 5'10 - 183 lbs.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon St.

Stroughter was believed to be a possible 1st round pick going into the 2007 season. Prior to the season he lost two very influential male role models in his life and fell into a deep depression. He was granted a medical redshirt for the season after suffering a season ending kidney injury and went through intensive counseling and returned to the team prior to the 2008 season. Early indications lead most to believe that he has not suffered physically from missing last year's season. Stroughter will continue to see his stock rise as long as he continues to be productive. He should also benefit from first year starter Shane Morales' success, so that he is not constantly double teamed. Stroughter has great speed and will at the least be a legitimate deep threat in the NFL. He also has very good skills as a punt returner. Stroughter may not be able to climb back into the first round, but with continued success he will be a first day player. Stroughter has continued his impressive comeback when he has played without injury. He has 32 receptions for 445 yards and 4 touchdowns this year for an underrated Oregon State team. Stroughter's superb ball skills and quickness all but guarantee that he will be drafted in 2009 if he stays healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj72V5WzW0

Thank you for showing me exactly who I don't want Dallas to draft, ever.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I predict Desean Jackson last less then 3 years in the pros. He is too small to take the pounding of starting full time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
burmafrd;2413732 said:
I predict Desean Jackson last less then 3 years in the pros. He is too small to take the pounding of starting full time.

At this point that is the only and only concern I have left about him. Can he take the pounding of the NFL cause he's a small dude.