We were a tad lucky in winning the Eastern Division this year

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
that we were a tad lucky in winning the Eastern Division this year.

Not that we didn't earn it.

But both the Commanders and the Iggles lost their starting QB..

Right when each was leading the division.

The Commanders got to 2 games up on us early..right?

The Iggles moved up from their slow start with Foles late in the year.

So while I want to be muy macho and say we bad and all that..

we are here for a reason.

I can't wait until Saturday.

I want to know if we are for real.

Thoughts or beer bottles to throw?

Comments.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We were a tad lucky but it wasn't because the Eagles lost there starting QB Foles plays better than Wentz anyway, lead them to a SB went toe to toe with Brady and was MVP , along with doing it again now . Losing the secondary players was a bigger loss for them IMO

. Skins just had a lot of injuries across the board

On the other hand losing Big Fred to a bizarre disease was worse on us than the Eagles losing Wentz . Losing Witten was a blow and having no legitimate WR was crippling us .
We have had our share of injuries to overcome also . All that said Garrett held this team together when we were down and made them believe got to give him much credit for that . As bad as his game day coaching can be at times he really came through this year in keeping everyone focused on competing and not quitting.

Finally, Dak willed us to where we are not because he is the best passer or QB . Dak is the best football player we have had on this team in a long time and the whole team respects him and plays above there heads for him . He is a guy with limited skill who is willing to do what ever necessary to win . Dak is a true leader something we were missing for a long time .

Swanny

Reaction score

Comments.
I can get down with we got lucky with the Commanders QBs getting injured. But the Eagles are the lucky ones that there QB got injured

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Comments.
I’ll have to throw a beer bottle this time Red. We lost Fred. Eagles are better with Foles. It’s all how you handle the adversity every team faces throughout the year.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I think the word you're looking for is "theory", not "rumor".
That's not a rumor, that's how it happened. The thing is we lost to Washington, after they dominated most of the game, by a cheesy false start to tie it in the end. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl for the eagles, there wasn't any letdown with that switch. I'd say they even played better with Foles at qb.
the Cowboys were the least effected by injury, thankfully, but our OL was badly battered most of the season. We had no number 1 wr to start the season and no tight ends. Sean Lee got hurt and we didn't know if LVE was any good. Yet, we managed to win 8 of 9 to end the season.
The eagles and Commanders wouldn't care if our qb went down. They would be happy that they had an easier route to the playoffs. I don't remember any sympathy the years Romo got hurt or when zeke was suspended. Don't give them something they never have us.

JMech

Reaction score
Whats.........ifs..........and but........it's called football. Injuries and suspensions are part of the game. In the famous words of Bill Parcells............it is what it is.

Ken

Reaction score
We were lucky to beat the Eagles with their starting qb twice.

I see your point.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Football is a game of mistakes and injuries and timing. Maybe its our time to take advantage of other team's injuries and mistakes. :)