We will still go 10-6 (possibly 11-5)

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
get a wild card spot, and make noise in the playoffs. Though you cant tell by the score, the defense is playing much much better the past few weeks. Also we will not only get Romo and Felix back, but we will also be getting back the "real barber", TO, and another threat in Roy Williams. If the defense just plays decent football, The cowboys will be unstoppable offensively. Once we make the playoffs (and we will) this team will be confident and no one will want to face us.

I know I am not known on this board, but BANK IT.

TheChosen1n2 :starspin

bigE79

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395340 said:
get a wild card spot, and make noise in the playoffs. Though you cant tell by the score, the defense is playing much much better the past few weeks. Also we will not only get Romo and Felix back, but we will also be getting back the "real barber", TO, and another threat in Roy Williams. If the defense just plays decent football, The cowboys will be unstoppable offensively. Once we make the playoffs (and we will) this team will be confident and no one will want to face us.

+1...GO COWBOYS:starspin

1fisher

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395340 said:

Bank it and book it threads are usually a disaster. :(

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
1fisher;2395353 said:
Bank it and book it threads are usually a disaster. :(

dont fret....the giants were 5 and 4 and some point last year as well.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I appreciate your hope, but there is no way, did you see how confused the coaching staff was out there, that reflects back to the team.

To me, as long as good ole wade is head coach of this team the cowboys will go nowhere.

i was high on jason garrett last year, but he has done nothing to impress me either.

What i see is a hard nosed young head coach that has lots of energy, to kick the players rear ends up and down the field like jimmy johnson did, cut players and trade players to send messages to the team.

Finally, deep deep down, this team has no leaders with true heart, did you really see romo on the sidelines yelling, he should have been in uniform even if he wasnt going to play, he should have been going over film and photos with garrett and the QBs,

When, romo waits till last seconds, then starts hollering, about some play and formation, its too late by then, a leader would have been already working with the qbs, garrett helping this team, going over with the players what he sees how to attack them.

Till this is addressed, and a real head coach comes to this team, I dont see them going anywhere.

Now, I hope i am wrong, but i dont see it, not under wade phillips.

1fisher

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395364 said:

I'm trying to keep my head up but it's awfully tough....... My expectations were high earlier in the year.... now they have sunk to an all time low.... (well almost):mad: :mad: :mad:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
We are not the Giants.

I'll admit, getting healthy will be an enornmous help, but we still have to execute a well prepared game plan, play good defense, tackle and even then it's probably not enough.

I keep seeing Romo's face from Hard Knocks and he says, " You have to enjoy the journey "

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If we are going to have any chance going forward... then this defense has to almost go Kamikaze on teams.

We give up big plays anyway so we need to bring extreme pressure often with multiple looks.

Make QB's and WR's and RB's pay FOR EVERY FRICKEN YARD THEY GET.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ah, the old "book it" thread.

The Cowboys' problems are deeper than some of you want to acknowledge.

When you don't hit in training camp, those type things don't rectify themselves during the season.

When teams have figured out your big guys can't block quicker defensive linemen, you can't fix that totally during the season.

When your team "quits" after getting behind a few touchdowns, you don't fix that totally during the season.

This team has major problems. And with the head coach we have, I don't see it getting any better. Maybe short term, we'll win a few games. But long term, I think the Super Bowl is out for this year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll have to see it to believe it.

If we dont beat Washington I think the season is officially over and done.

5-2 down the stretch is what we need. 6-1 would be better though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YoMick;2395391 said:
If we are going to have any chance going forward... then this defense has to almost go Kamikaze on teams.
We give up big plays anyway so we need to bring extreme pressure often with multiple looks.

Make QB's and WR's and RB's pay FOR EVERY FRICKEN YARD THEY GET.

To be fair, they were going to give up points to the Giants.

What made it look worse than it really was our QB's and TO turning the ball over.

If we had a Quarterback yesterday we wouldn't have gotten nearly as many points scored on us as we did.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2395379 said:
We are not the Giants.

I'll admit, getting healthy will be an enornmous help, but we still have to execute a well prepared game plan, play good defense, tackle and even then it's probably not enough.

I keep seeing Romo's face from Hard Knocks and he says, " You have to enjoy the journey "

The Giants weren't the Giants before t hey did it last year as well.

That's the thing that cracks me up. This year everyone is all "Well the Giants are mentally tougher. They're the Giants. They're this, they're that."

No one was saying those things last year when they were struggling. When they were playing poorly. Then all the sudden they go on a hot streak and do what they're supposed to, when it mattered most, and all the sudden everyone acts like the Giants were always these mentally tough, bad to the bone, can't be stopped football players.

All the sudden Eli Manning is this great stud. Romo sucks cause he's never won a playoff game. Well tell me...what was Eli's playoff record before last year?

This is why they play these games. This is the Cowboys shot to prove that they can do what the Giants did this year, what the Steelers did a few years ago, what the Chargers did last year up till injuries destroyed any hope they had of the AFC Championship.

This is the Cowboys chance to prove that it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

I believe you'll see the Cowboys finish the way everyone has been screaming for them to finish over the last couple of years.

Strong.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2395416 said:

What made it look worse than it really was our QB's and TO turning the ball over.

If we had a Quarterback yesterday we wouldn't have gotten nearly as many points scored on us as we did.

I am going to partially agree here... yes we will give up points to the Giants we know that... but we looked downright amateur out there.

• unprepared
  • dumb
  • poor execution
  • poor tackling

demirji22

Reaction score

Sorry to say this but the giants were never 5-4 last year.
All these people say the giants went on a run at the end of the season but their run was at the beggining.
They started 0-2 and then were 6-2.
They actually had a bad ending to their season.
I dont see where everybody says they went on a run at the end of the season before the playoffs. That is a big misconception.
Check it out for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_New_York_Giants_season
I still hope we can go on a run that they went on winning 6 straight.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2395400 said:
Ah, the old "book it" thread.

The Cowboys' problems are deeper than some of you want to acknowledge.

When you don't hit in training camp, those type things don't rectify themselves during the season.

When teams have figured out your big guys can't block quicker defensive linemen, you can't fix that totally during the season.

When your team "quits" after getting behind a few touchdowns, you don't fix that totally during the season.

This team has major problems. And with the head coach we have, I don't see it getting any better. Maybe short term, we'll win a few games. But long term, I think the Super Bowl is out for this year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

i dont think the team quit, not until it was truly over (5 minutes left in the fourth), but the d continually got put in bad situations right after making a big play. Im telling you the boys will be okay. We will beat the Commanders, and beat the giants next time we face them. Commanders will lose there next two, starting tonight. What we do need is for the the giants to keep winning in the nfc east.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
CATCH17;2395416 said:

i know we got blown out, but we turned the ball over continuously, they got a number of calls that kept drives going, and the game was within reach for the majority of the game.

Im not terribly impressed by the giants and their 7-1 record.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395458 said:
i know we got blown out, but we turned the ball over continuously, they got a number of calls that kept drives going, and the game was within reach for the majority of the game.

Im not terribly impressed by the giants and their 7-1 record.

We just have to hope that our offense is unstopable after the bye.

With the addition of Roy Williams that is very very possible.

Also get better Witten / Felix!

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
I'm with you chosen1n2...I'm thinking 10-6 and HOPING for 11-5 to end the season! I just think that w/ most of our walking wounded back on the field we'll be alot more competitive. I know we have plenty of former Pro Bowlers (as many like to point out) on our roster but w/out our "head" (#9) the body seems lost! As much as I want to beatdown on our defense for their performance yesterday I think it was all on the offense for putting them in no-win situations. I won't begin to dig our grave until we no longer have a pulse!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to see how we play vs. the Commanders. The rest won't matter if we play like crap and get hammered again. Because that means we still don't get it.