CFZ We will win Sunday because Hurts is not good

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is simply an average quarterback. AI have seen every Eagles game. Here are some stats and what they mean, based on the eye test.

Hurts have generated 10 touchdowns this season. Four have been through the air, six from him running. He has thrown for 1,359 yards. In contrast, loom at other NFCE Qb's. Coop has seven touchdowns on only 839 yards passing. Wentz has ten touchdowns on 1,390 yards passing (with a lot more turnovers). I'll leave Jones out of this, as his numbers are a horror story. Why is this? Simple: when it counts, Hurts can't find his receivers. Last year, Hurts had more time in the pocket to throw (3.5 secs) than any QB in the league. The numbers are probably very similar this year. Hurts does not read defenses well. I can't count how many times I have seen wide open receivers in Eagle games never get the ball. Brady would set new records under those conditions. I can't recall Hurts ever getting to his third look before bailing out on a play.

Hurts makes plays with his legs. That's good for him, because when defenses break down in the secondary, more often than not Hurts is running and not seeing someone streaking across the field open. Brown, Smith, Goedart, and Watkins can run. They don't have any turtles out there running routes. But even fast guys are useless without the ball.

Hurts has six rushing touchdowns. Some are designed runs, some are not. He simply isn't good in the red zone. Defenses shut him down, so he has to run.

Hurts has been sacked 11 times this year. Some of those are because he didn't see the open man and had to run. He has two int's and two fumbles this year. Considering how much he runs, the fumble number is quite good.

This bodes well for our defense. Mailata will probably play but will be nowhere at 100%. Kelce may be out with an ankle issue, so their rookie will probably play--if not, we get a wounded Kelce. Seumalo, their right guard, is also banged up. Our defense can put pressure all game long on a QB who doesn't see the field. We know the most important position on the field is QB. Hurts can't run all game long against our defense. Our defense generally doesn't leave receivers running wild all game.

Contain Hurts, make him do something he has not shown that he can do, which is read the defense and make the play. We will win this game in their backyard by double digits folks. Hurts is not good enough to beat this team.

I will swim in Eagle tears Monday morning.

Aven8

Reaction score
Been saying this since Alabama. It’s not a coincidence that Saban benched him in the NC game and put Tua in. They were getting beat. He can’t throw. Riley actually did amazing with him in one season at OU.

We might lose Sunday but it won’t be because of him. The Oline and Dline are really good and this is a tough task going on the road etc etc.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Gonna use his legs, that's how he makes his living. We knew D. Jones was going to run and he did for almost 100 yards! Only reason Giants were even in the game. .Hurts will run for over 100 if we don't figure it out like last year. Key to the game, plain and simple folks!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Umm…I hate to say it but Hurts is in the conversation for NFL MVP.

I have questions about him being a pocket passer but he’s one of the best running QBs I’ve seen which gives him cushion to throw.

Once Dak gets back I like our chances if we can spy him well but dude is having a year.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
I know someone posted Hurts’s stat when he’s blitzed and they were complete trash…we will be all over him Sunday. I honestly don’t see what people see in him? Even when he was at Alabama I thought he was overrated. He’s in essence doing what Rush is doing, keeping their team in the game and letting the defense control the game. If we make him pass, especially with pressure, I think we have a good chance to shut a lot of people up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is simply an average quarterback. AI have seen every Eagles game. Here are some stats and what they mean, based on the eye test.

Hurts have generated 10 touchdowns this season. Four have been through the air, six from him running. He has thrown for 1,359 yards. In contrast, loom at other NFCE Qb's. Coop has seven touchdowns on only 839 yards passing. Wentz has ten touchdowns on 1,390 yards passing (with a lot more turnovers). I'll leave Jones out of this, as his numbers are a horror story. Why is this? Simple: when it counts, Hurts can't find his receivers. Last year, Hurts had more time in the pocket to throw (3.5 secs) than any QB in the league. The numbers are probably very similar this year. Hurts does not read defenses well. I can't count how many times I have seen wide open receivers in Eagle games never get the ball. Brady would set new records under those conditions. I can't recall Hurts ever getting to his third look before bailing out on a play.

Hurts makes plays with his legs. That's good for him, because when defenses break down in the secondary, more often than not Hurts is running and not seeing someone streaking across the field open. Brown, Smith, Goedart, and Watkins can run. They don't have any turtles out there running routes. But even fast guys are useless without the ball.

Hurts has six rushing touchdowns. Some are designed runs, some are not. He simply isn't good in the red zone. Defenses shut him down, so he has to run.

Hurts has been sacked 11 times this year. Some of those are because he didn't see the open man and had to run. He has two int's and two fumbles this year. Considering how much he runs, the fumble number is quite good.

This bodes well for our defense. Mailata will probably play but will be nowhere at 100%. Kelce may be out with an ankle issue, so their rookie will probably play--if not, we get a wounded Kelce. Seumalo, their right guard, is also banged up. Our defense can put pressure all game long on a QB who doesn't see the field. We know the most important position on the field is QB. Hurts can't run all game long against our defense. Our defense generally doesn't leave receivers running wild all game.

Contain Hurts, make him do something he has not shown that he can do, which is read the defense and make the play. We will win this game in their backyard by double digits folks. Hurts is not good enough to beat this team.

I will swim in Eagle tears Monday morning.

Jalen Hurts has clearly improved. His completion percentage and passer rating are way up. Threads like this usually backfire. Hopefully this post doesn’t come back to haunt you on Sunday night.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We didn't have problems with him last year

Just because we didn’t have problems with Hurts last year doesn’t mean we won’t this year. He’s playing better than he has. We didn’t have any problems with Philly last year but this is a different year and a different Philly team.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hurts is good.

You will get to see that on Sunday.

We will also get to see that the Cowboys are good.

I've been saying it since before the Eagles were 5-0. And I'm saying it now.

Once I finally figured out what Cooper Rush was, it donned on me that we're as competitive as anyone — with either of our QBs.

I also think Cooper Rush has a chance to rub off on the likes of Will Grier. I think Rush being so good is a testament to his work ethic and a result of the kind of culture the Cowboys are trying to bring about.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Just because we didn’t have problems with Hurts last year doesn’t mean we won’t this year. He’s playing better than he has. We didn’t have any problems with Philly last year but this is a different year and a different Philly team.
Brady, Burrow and Staffird all struggled with this defense and they re all at least twice the qb Hurts is.

Hurts has 4 tds in 5 games and 3 of those came in one game. Tells me he is struggling when coverage gets tighter.

He will not have seen a defense like we are about to unleash on him. This will not be Minny where they sat in a soft zone all game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I know someone posted Hurts’s stat when he’s blitzed and they were complete trash…we will be all over him Sunday. I honestly don’t see what people see in him? Even when he was at Alabama I thought he was overrated. He’s in essence doing what Rush is doing, keeping their team in the game and letting the defense control the game. If we make him pass, especially with pressure, I think we have a good chance to shut a lot of people up.

Have you seen him play this year?

It's exactly why they are 5-0.

He's good.

So our our guys. And we have a present for Jalen Hurt.

Heres probably the best general breakdown of this game that I have seen. I'm going to say, though, I think we win.

Demarcus Lawrence is having a different kind of year right now, playing along with Micah Parsons. I mean, so many of our guys on the line can rush the passer.

You guys better enjoy this defense. Because we won't be able to keep this unit together. These guys will play so well they'll go get paid.

We are a force. We're going deep this year.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Have you seen him play this year?

It's exactly why they are 5-0.

He's good.

So our our guys. And we have a present for Jalen Hurt.
Yes, saw 3 of their games and watched pieces of the other two. I was higher on him than Eagle's fans were coming into the season. He is a more athletic Dak but with a limited ability to throw the ball. He is also a qb with off the charts leadership ability.

I just know he is going to struggle with this defense on Sunday. His only chance is with his legs and having long drives that wear us down.