CFZ Week 15 Opponent - Jacksonville Jaguars

Motorola

Reaction score
Actually began the 2022 season on a good note; lost the 1st game @ FedEx, but then dominated the Colts in their home opener, following it up with walloping the Chargers @ SoFi.
But JAX went 0 for October ---losing 5 straight games.
It appears the team has somewhat recovered from that horrible month, going 3-2 in the following five games.
The last win - a 36-22 road triumph over the Titans to get their record at 5-8....only two games behind Tennesse for the AFC South Division lead.
The final four games will be formidable for them - hosting Dallas this Sunday and the Titans in their season finale next month - those games bookending road contests v. the Jets and Texans.
Tennessee's schedule is no gimme down the stetch...@ the Chargers, then hosting the two Texas teams, before traveling to Jacksonville for their last regular season game.
The Jaguars have a chance to make the playoffs.
The Cowboys need to take their A-Game to North Florida this Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is coming along, he has improved over last season with 20 TD to 6 ints hitting 66.5% of his passes, has been sacked 23 time and has 3,202. Has not thrown an int in his last 5 games
He has ran the ball 46 times 218 and 4 TD. I don't post this to say Jags are a great team but they are a team who is improving and one the Cowboys must take seriously

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Put some pressure on Trevor and watch him crumble like a piece of pound cake.

Ravens sacked him 4 time and yet still threw 3 TD and beat them. This is not the same kid from last season. No doubt we got to get pressure on him but he has not been getting rattled

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I think we win easily. We're the more talented team by far.

However, Lawrence is coming into his own. He's going to be a great QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think we win easily. We're the more talented team by far.

However, Lawrence is coming into his own. He's going to be a great QB.

I agree, I don't think a team has to lose a game to get a wakeup call. I think Dallas knows they did not play good and were fortunate to get out with a win. I fully expect McCarthy to have them ready for Jacksonville

cmoney23

Reaction score
Jacksonville is a solid squad that can play with any team in the league. They have proven that this year.

They aren't complete though.

They rank middle of the pack in most offensive categories and bottom third in most defensive categories.

We will have to play well to win. Should be a good game to see how we bounce back.

(I'm interested in what we do with RT, how that looks, and how we look against their running game)

Praxit

Reaction score
..I see Dallas D bouncing back. TEX game was wake up call.

Besides you wont be having 2 QB's switching out every couple plays. That will put strain on any defense.

Dallas will introduce Hilton, back to NFL.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not sure what was wrong with the Titans last week but they looked awful against Jacksonville. The Jags WRs were open all day, and I mean wide open. The Titans could not get a pass rush on Lawrence either.

The Jags don't get a lot of sacks, and they don't give up a lot of sacks. They are tied for 3rd with only 6 INTs given up this year. They have 9 INTs on defense. They have a +5 turnover differential.

Statistically they are not that different from Dallas other than defensive sacks where the Cowboys are 2nd in the league behind the Eagles.

Of course games are about matchups and to me this looks like a close matchup unless Dallas plays its A game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is starting to show signs of blossoming into the QB many thought he be when he was drafted. Jacksonville is better than Indy and the Texans so we better be ready to play. If the Cowboys look anything like they did last Sunday they’ll get their butts whipped. It will be a big mistake looking pass this game to Philly. With Philly and San Francisco picking up steam the Cowboys need to start playing some solid, consistent football.