week 15 - who to root for

JBS

Reaction score
Here is a list of some important NFC showdowns. I am leaving off the obvious games. Only 2 games this week that are close calls.

Saints @ bears

Bucs @ falcons

Title should read week 15 sorry.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll be pulling for the Cowboys. :laugh2: Dallas just needs to win. They win and they are 1 step closer to making it to the post season

Boysboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476493 said:
I did not get that memo. I'm still riding with the Cowboys.

Tell that to over 1/2 of the Zoners here(I can name names, but I won't)-they say we won't win another game here, and TO will do situps in the Dallas driveway.

EndGame

Reaction score
You're actually talking about week 15 here, not week 14.

In week 15:

We want the Cowboys to win, because if they do, then nothing else matters. Also...
  • We want the Bucs to beat Atlanta. If Atlanta wins and the Cowboys win, we're still in the playoffs, but it would be nice for Tampa to win and knock Atlanta down one spot.
  • We want the Browns to beat the Eagles. Philly is really starting to worry me. They're only a half game back, and with that tie on their record there won't be any tiebreakers in play.
  • We want the Saints to beat the Bears, because the Bears have a better conference record.
  • We want the Bengals to beat the Commanders to knock the Skins down one more spot, and because it would be damned funny.
  • We want the Cards to beat the Vikings, because I want whoever DOESN'T win that division to have a worse record than the Cowboys, and right now Minny has the same record as Dallas.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EndGame;2476535 said:
We want the Cards to beat the Vikings, because I want whoever DOESN'T win that division to have a worse record than the Cowboys, and right now Minny has the same record as Dallas.

The division winners get the 1-4 seeds, and they are seeded by record. Assuming the Giants and Panthers get the top 2 seeds, Minny and the Cards will battle it out for the 3rd and 4th seeds.

Doesn't matter how better the WC teams' records are, they start out the playoffs on the ROAD.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boysboy;2476513 said:
Tell that to over 1/2 of the Zoners here(I can name names, but I won't)-they say we won't win another game here, and TO will do situps in the Dallas driveway.

Fans let their own frustration dictate them. heck with them. :laugh2:

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more worried I am getting.

Even if we beat the Giants and Ravens which will be a tough, tough task (luckily its at home though), i would say that there is more than a 60% chance that the last game against Philly will be for the playoffs.

And even if Philly lost to the Commanders, that would most likely mean that the Redksins end up at 10-6 and we would still need to beat the Eagles to make the playoffs. But I still would rather prefer this scenario because than the Eagles would have nothing to play for on the last game, except to ruin our season.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I going Bears over Saints and Falcons over the Buccs with us beating the Giants and that would be a perfect scenerio for us with the playoffs. Also who do the Eagles and Commanders play? If it's not eachother I'd love to see both of them lose as well.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
There is even one (unlikely and unprobable) scenario where we can lose the next 2 games and beat Philly to get into the playoffs. This would require a lot of help from teams that aren't so good and have nothing to play for.

Winning the 2 remaining NFC games is the most critical, but there is even one scenario where the final game against Philly is meaningless, and we would head to Zona in the wild card round.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah losing the next two and hoping for all that help wouldn't do us any good anyway cause we'd be heading into the playoffs in piss poor fashion anyway.

3-0 is really the only way to go in.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BraveHeartFan;2476601 said:
I going Bears over Saints and Falcons over the Buccs with us beating the Giants and that would be a perfect scenerio for us with the playoffs. Also who do the Eagles and Commanders play? If it's not eachother I'd love to see both of them lose as well.

eagles play Cleveland in Philly on Monday night

skins play Cincy in Cincy

tecolote

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2476632 said:
There is even one (unlikely and unprobable) scenario where we can lose the next 2 games and beat Philly to get into the playoffs. This would require a lot of help from teams that aren't so good and have nothing to play for.

Winning the 2 remaining NFC games is the most critical, but there is even one scenario where the final game against Philly is meaningless, and we would head to Zona in the wild card round.

This scenario is difficult but not that far fetched. Atlanta beats Tampa then loses at Minny. Tampa then loses to San Diego at home.

We win both home games, we're in.

alancdc

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2476420 said:
We want the Bears to beat the Saints and the Bucs to beat Atlanta.

Right on. I think Tampa will win more than one more game which would put them at 11. I would love to have Tampa lose this week if I knew they would lose to SD the next week as well, but I doubt that will happen. Atlanta needs to go away, and I sure do wish the freakin' Bengals kicker would have made that FG against the Eagles in OT.

alancdc

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs is there a scenerio where we could get to go indoors and play the Gus or Jackson led Vikings? I would love to play them indoors and on turf where the weather is not an issue.