CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that a week has gone by, it is time for the weekly quarterback poll.

View Last Week's Poll

I thought it would be fun to post this poll every week after each of our games and see how the fan base here trends from week to week on who should start once Romo is healthy.

This poll is not about tracking who is right or wrong later. It's about tracking the trend of which quarterback is preferred as games are played. Our votes have no weight on what happens, so this is just a fun poll to gauge where fans are at the moment with regards to who starts when Romo is healthy. It will be perfectly fine to change your mind in future versions of this poll as well.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo or Dak to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I chose Dak to remain the starter but for me it should be contingent on how he and the TEAM play the next 2 weeks, as the heat is about to be turned up a bit.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I voted Dak in the last poll...still in the Dak side

Again, have my reasons.....others are starting to notice as well

flosho

Reaction score
I've been a huge Romo homer. I want desperately for him to win a championship. The first 3-4 weeks I've been saying, when Romo gets healthy, we make him the starter, but honestly I don't know anymore. I'd have to get a feel for the locker room.

Regardless, I think he should come back AFTER the Eagles game... First game back should be the Browns because it should be easier than the Eagles, and it's a non-conference game so it won't hurt as bad if we lay an egg or struggle.

I voted Dak in this poll btw

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I firmly believe that Romo will bring another dimension to the team. He is a smart savvy veteran who has the ability to win a game on his own, and I believe that will be the difference this season. Dak as done an incredible job, but like Mo said post interview this is Romo's team and the guys in the locker room feel the same way. While we are all out here talking about controversy the team is gelling together and not letting this bother them. To me that is a sign of not only Daks leadership, but Romo's leadership and respect that he has earned. Now can Romo play at a high level? We don't know that answer yet, but we will soon find out.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
In every aging quarterbacks career, the time comes when the young upstart gives you more on the field and takes your job away, Brady took Bledsoe's job when was injured, Romo took over from Bledsoe, it's time for Dak to take over the reigns as the starting quarterback from the aging often injured Romo, and Jerry should have NO say in the decision.......

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm still with Romo but as I said last week it's not as easy a choice as I thought it would be before the season and Dak has certainly made the case for simply sticking with him going forward. I understand entirely why many folks are of that mindset.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Dak wins the next game, especially without Dez, it would be insane to remove him, but then again, it would be symptomatic of why this franchise has been 8 and 8 for so long.

morasp

Reaction score
Of course the question is how healthy. If we were losing they might call 70 percent healthy. There are a couple of things that are better with Dak. That read option worked great yesterday. He also seems to be less of a gunslinger.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
I think Romo should be starting only after he gets back to where he was before the injury. In training camp Romo was sharp and on target, so when/if he returns to form, then the discussion should begin. We are really lucky to have Dak and if he keeps the starting job that's great with me, but as stated by others, I want Romo to start because of his veteran savvy when we get to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I was firmly in the "Romo should start" club. Blown away by how well Dak is playing. We have 2 franchise QBs with different skills and abilities-- what a great "problem" to have heh heh... I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

If I am Garrett-- I stay with Dak until he shows me he isn't up for it. Love Romo-- but the team is more important. We are rolling right now. Stay with the momentum and let things play out.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I think Romo comes back strong and the team keeps rolling with him as the starter. He certainly won't be getting TD's with his feet like Dak, but he's led this team to the playoffs before and I'm confident he can do it again.

rockj7

Reaction score
Honestly could go either way.
Also could see a scenario where Romo goes in for a game or two and gets injured before long and finishes the debate for us.
Brainpaint who chose the Eagle game for his return if I was him id return for the Browns game. I have a feeling we may see the same situation we saw last Thanksgiving when we played the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.