CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that another week has gone by, it is time for the next weekly quarterback poll.

Previous Polls:

I thought it would be fun to post this poll every week after each of our games and see how the fan base here trends from week to week on who should start once Romo is healthy.

This poll is not about tracking who is right or wrong later. It's about tracking the trend of which quarterback is preferred as games are played. Our votes have no weight on what happens, so this is just a fun poll to gauge where fans are at the moment with regards to who starts when Romo is healthy. It will be perfectly fine to change your mind in future versions of this poll as well.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo or Dak to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote!

romothesavior

Reaction score
Last night convinced me that Dak is our future.

It also convinced me that right now, at this stage in their respective careers, a healthy Romo is a better passer and all-around quarterback than Dak.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Last night convinced me that Dak is our future.

It also convinced me that right now, at this stage in their respective careers, a healthy Romo is a better passer and all-around quarterback than Dak.

He is? Could have fooled me from watching him last year. He was not good. That is the Romo you will be seeing if he plays this season. The 2014 Romo has had 3 major injuries since then. That's a pipe dream to expect that version when he's played just a handful of games in going on 2 years.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Keep Dak going until he proves he can lose. Get Romo ready. I was saying we needed Romo back last night midway through the 4th quarter, but then Dak pulled it out!

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Damn the naysayers and full speed ahead with Dak!

I think both sides make good points but am inclined to resist major changes if the team continues winning.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He is? Could have fooled me from watching him last year. He was not good. That is the Romo you will be seeing if he plays this season. The 2014 Romo has had 3 major injuries since then. That's a pipe dream to expect that version when he's played just a handful of games in going on 2 years.

collarbones are not major injures

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Damn the naysayers and full speed ahead with Dak!

I think both sides make good points but am inclined to resist major changes if the team continues winning.

the problem is, when the team doesnt and its the playoffs...you cant make a change and find out. you're done.

this needs to be done now, in the middle of the season, when the risk is lowest.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I love what Dak brings, however last night proved that I am not sure that dak is ready for that kind of run. Dallas does not have the defense to be able to bail Dak out, and we will need Romo and his ability to put pressure on the opposing defenses. If Dak was more accurate last night this game isn't even a contest. I have seen people post that Romo wouldn't have lasted the game, I disagree, and here is why. See last night Philly stacked the LOS and dared Dak to beat them, and when he struggled it worked and worked well. What kept Dallas in the game was Wentz inability to throw past 5 yards. So with Romo able to thread the needle and get the defense to back off and manipulate the Safeties I don't think Philly would've been effective with that game plan.

Also it would've probably created more opportunities for TO since it would've forced Wentz into attempting longer passes trying to catch up.

Now none of this is a knock on Dak he is a rookie who has played 7... I repeat 7 games! I think he is going to be a stud for sure, but he isn't seasoned enough to go on a run needed to make the SB. Romo and his experience does. JMO

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak has lead the team to 6-straight wins. That has only happened 9 times in the glorious history of the Dallas Cowboys. He made rookie mistakes last night but was clutch when it counted most, rallying the team from a 10 point 4th quarter deficit against a very good defense. Romo likely won't be the same player he was in 2014. That was 3 fractures ago. In 2015 Romo did not play well (5 TD's, 7 INT's). Dak is now the leader of the team. His mobility is a big reason they are winning.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
These are games Dak needs. If Romo was retired, we couldn't go to someone else right now. Dak needs to stay where he's at and continue to learn, and he will. We're probably looking at future Super Bowl winning QB and guys want to mess it up for unclutch, broken down Tony Romo?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
You can't argue explicitly at this point that Dak is the better passer than Romo. The Eagles D forced Dak into some bad throws last night and he made a pretty good recovery in the 4th and OT. He is still a rookie in his 1st NFL year getting a look at NFL defenses. He still can't seem to see the entire field and his accuracy issues became self evident last night.

Romo is also better at reading defenses and making pre snap adjustments. Dak will get there, it will just take time.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
You can't argue explicitly at this point that Dak is the better passer than Romo. The Eagles D forced Dak into some bad throws last night and he made a pretty good recovery in the 4th and OT. He is still a rookie in his 1st NFL year getting a look at NFL defenses. He still can't seem to see the entire field and his accuracy issues became self evident last night.

Romo is also better at reading defenses and making pre snap adjustments. Dak will get there, it will just take time.

Dak is not a better passer than Romo, but that being said there is no wrong answer between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.