Welcome to Dallas, Big Mike

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’d have to watch it again. But I thought he called it in time.

When they showed the replay, you could clearly see that he was not close to the official when the clock struck zero. I think the official gave him the timeout for intent instead of for actually getting it called in time ... as in, well, he was trying to call a timeout and I probably just didn't see it in time. That was not the case.

Of course, it's not my point in this thread to rehash the officiating blunders. It was simply to point out McCarthy's reaction to the game-deciding one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't disagree. But looking at the replay, if we were on the other end of it and it was a no-call, I would have understood it. Too much handfighting and grabbing by Ramsey to call it either way. And Ramsey clearly tried to sell the push-off ... and did so successfully.
Like I said . It could have gone either way.

The key here is Ramsey gets more respect. The greater players always do. That’s part of the game .

It’s arguable if Gallup gets the separation without pushing off. And why the call was made .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When they showed the replay, you could clearly see that he was not close to the official when the clock struck zero. I think the official gave him the timeout for intent instead of for actually getting it called in time ... as in, well, he was trying to call a timeout and I probably just didn't see it in time. That was not the case.
The ref was down near the goal line. McVay had a long way to run.

cern

Reaction score
What hasn’t been discussed is how the refs missed the head slap to Goff on our interception which would have brought it back.
or the time out that mcvay was late to call but they gave it to him anyway. at the time, it was a big play. not a stellar performance by the boys in stripes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
or the time out that mcvay was late to call but they gave it to him anyway. at the time, it was a big play. not a stellar performance by the boys in stripes.
I’ve already responded to this above .

cern

Reaction score
all we know for sure is that it was a great throw by dak and a great catch by gallup. seems he's a very hard person to cover. even by the best in the biz.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The ref was down near the goal line. McVay had a long way to run.

And? I don't understand how that matters. Either you call the timeout in time or you don't. There's no degree of difficulty.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
all we know for sure is that it was a great throw by dak and a great catch by gallup. seems he's a very hard person to cover. even by the best in the biz.
It was a great throw . It’s arguable whether he makes the catch without the contact .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i was talking about the decision, not how far mcvay had to run.:)
I agreed with the decision. I thought it was obvious he was trying to call time out.

We must always look at decisions without our rose colored glasses on. If that was Mikey we would have wanted the call.

gimmesix

Reaction score

He's physical enough to fight off physical corners ... unless the officials decide to ignore the grabbing and only pay attention to the receiver's effort to fight it off.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The greater athlete is usually going to get the call. Because they figure cheating must be going on to beat him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it was a great catch. we're set at wr or a long time with gallup and lambo.
Sorry, but it wasn’t officially a catch. And I’d agree, we appear to be strong at receiver. Great for our fantasy fans. Hope it translates to team success.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Instead of throwing Goodell under the bus if Jerry had invited him to his slumber party like Kraft did, we would be babied by the league as well.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
They gave the Rams a timeout 2 seconds after the clock hit 0 on 4th down, so that cancels out because they ended up getting a TD.

They gave the Rams a timeout 2 seconds after the clock hit 0 on 4th down, so that cancels out because they ended up getting a TD.

Felt like the refs wanted to get the Rams a W in their new stadium...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Felt like the refs wanted to get the Rams a W in their new stadium...
Plus they want L.A to succeed unlike before. That's why they were in the superbowl not long after leaving St. Louis