Welcome to Dallas, Big Mike

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought early in the second half, but wasn't sure, thanks for confirming. But it really had nothing to do with the bomb Dak threw and caught by Gallup that might have led us to victory if it weren't for the very questionable offensive pass interference call.
It was a tough call in a critical juncture of the game . No doubt. Not sure if Gallup gets separation without the contact though. And figured Ramsey would get the call. Great throw by Dak.

cowboyed

Reaction score
They obviously care or wouldn’t have over implemented instant replay and all of the frikin reviews.

Those type plays do warrant review particularly near the end of games or post season contests. Look what happened when the Rams robbed the Saints in the National Championship a few years ago when the defender jobbed the receiver. If not then why aren't they clamping down on hand fighting and jostling on hail mary passes thrown in the end zone.

Brax

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy on the Gallup offensive interference call:

"Looking at it live, it looked like two guys hand-fighting. It was well executed. I was surprised there was a call there, either way. I'm obviously very disappointed in the call, particularly at that point in the game. I thought they let both teams play tonight, and you just don't usually see that particularly at a critical point in the game."

Maybe not in Green Bay, but we're certainly used to it here.
Wonder what he said about the Dez catch call???????. What he should be disappointed in is the coaching that failed to teach a WR not to push off so the ref can see it so easily.

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy on the Gallup offensive interference call:

"Looking at it live, it looked like two guys hand-fighting. It was well executed. I was surprised there was a call there, either way. I'm obviously very disappointed in the call, particularly at that point in the game. I thought they let both teams play tonight, and you just don't usually see that particularly at a critical point in the game."

Maybe not in Green Bay, but we're certainly used to it here.
I guess Mike forgot about that illegal substitution (or whatever is was) that's called once a century that he benefited from in the playoff game.

Reaction score
I’ll repeat what I said above . McVay was clearly running down the sideline calling timeout

This is a penalty. Pure and simple.

Eh1evQJWoAEPez5

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I actually believed they should have got the timeout. How could the ref have never looked his way.

The official for the broadcast said the coaches usually get the timeout in such a situation if it's close, but even he said, McVay should not have gotten this one because it wasn't close. The official's job is to watch the action not watch the coach. The coach's job is to get there in time to get the official's attention so he can get his timeout. That did not happen. McVay got the official's attention well after the play clock had expired.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The official for the broadcast said the coaches usually get the timeout in such a situation if it's close, but even he said, McVay should not have gotten this one because it wasn't close. The official's job is to watch the action not watch the coach. The coach's job is to get there in time to get the official's attention so he can get his timeout. That did not happen. McVay got the official's attention well after the play clock had expired.
I’m not disputing the official didn’t see it in time.

McVay tried to get his attention and then had to run downfield which by the time the official saw him time had expired.

I thought the officials made the right call giving him the timeout.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m not disputing the official didn’t see it in time.

McVay tried to get his attention and then had to run downfield which by the time the official saw him time had expired.

I thought the officials made the right call giving him the timeout.

I disagree, but if it had been our team, then I would have gladly accepted it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree, but if it had been our team, then I would have gladly accepted it.
I understand the frustration. But we all thought it was odd they didn’t appear to be calling a time out.

And when the cameras finally went to sidelines is seeing McVay sprinting down the sidelines.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We are going to learn about Coach McCarthy in a hurry this season. He is facing some significant adversity early on. McCarthy has been quite good at compensating for injured players in the past. Going to know Sunday if he can still get it done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
McCarthy rode the greatness of Aaron Rodgers. And only won 1 Super Bowl. In large part cause they didn’t have a formidable defense most years. And Rodgers didn’t always have an all star cast around him.

We’re fixing to find out what McCarthy is made up of . The one season Rodgers was hurt for rest of season the Packers collapsed. And his last year when Rodgers went down for an extended time they missed the playoffs again.

I’d argue his record isn’t very good when overcoming major obstacles or injuries.

Sunday is a lesser team which we have had success against in recent years. I expect to win. I’m not sure we can use this as overcoming obstacles . Going 0-2 and needing to avoid 0-3 becomes a major obstacle. And would become his first real test.